Jump to content

Shakes and cheers program


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, k_y30 said:

B. The only people allowed into a buffet restaurant are the ones that have already paid.

 

Incorrect.  Almost every restaurant that offers a buffet will also have a la carte menu ordering.  Pure buffet restaurants are rare, in my experience.

 

So the analogy is you go with your family into a restaurant with a buffet, you pay for one buffet meal, but everyone shares what you bring back to the table.

 

In your analogy where everyone has already paid to enter the buffet restaurant: that would be like everyone always buys the drinks package, in which case, if that were true, this thread wouldn't exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Cheers is all new to me, so sorry for asking, but if I walk up to the coffee bar in the morning with mine & my husband’s S&S Cheers cards, will I be able to order for both of us?  Or does he have to be standing in front of the barista?  I tend to be an earlier riser, and like to eat a little bit by myself, and enjoy some “me time” on the deck, just watching the ocean.  Then, I head back to the cabin with a small breakfast something for hubby, so we can take our morning meds, grab the kids, then go eat breakfast together.  It sure would be nice to take advantage of the fancy coffee included with Cheers, without dragging the hubby there in the morning.

Yet something else you're "not supposed to do" but everyone does. You should have absolutely no problem. Especially after day 2 when they get to know you

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 3:34 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

You can get shakes at The Shake Spot on Sunshine and Vista, according to the Carnival website.

 

Shakes are also available at The Coffee Bar, which I think is on all ships.

OMG if this is correct you have made my day!  I was so disappointed to find out that our ship didn't have the shake area as we bought Cheers and were looking forward to one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

i understand the 15 alcoholic drinks allowed during the 6-6 timeframe, but are all the non alcoholic drinks unlimited? I'm talking about the specialty lattes and milkshakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 12:22 AM, MississippiMom said:

Cheers is all new to me, so sorry for asking, but if I walk up to the coffee bar in the morning with mine & my husband’s S&S Cheers cards, will I be able to order for both of us?  Or does he have to be standing in front of the barista?  I tend to be an earlier riser, and like to eat a little bit by myself, and enjoy some “me time” on the deck, just watching the ocean.  Then, I head back to the cabin with a small breakfast something for hubby, so we can take our morning meds, grab the kids, then go eat breakfast together.  It sure would be nice to take advantage of the fancy coffee included with Cheers, without dragging the hubby there in the morning.

 

When I was on the Breeze in May they were being super strict on this. Any time someone walked up with two cards they'd at least ask them to point out where the other person is

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, dani85bri06 said:

I get the cheers program and get shakes and share them with my daughter! I could not drink a whole one with out getting a belly ache, so we get two straws and both drink from it. The other half would just get thrown in the trash if she didn't help!! I am positive I'm about to get blasted by the rule ****'s...but if the worst thing I did was stick two straws in a shake and drink it with my daughter then I'd say I am doing pretty damn good!! I have never had a problem with any crew members doing this either!!

If they were plastic straws you really are in trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, dani85bri06 said:

 

Love the “Cheers police!”  Pretty sure it’s the person making the shake that gives me 2 spoons and straws for it!  Somehow I think it’s people like you that care more about sharing than the people that actually work for the cruise line!  🙄 Better for my kid to drink part of it than leave the rest sitting in the glass to be trashed!  👍 

...or you can just follow the rules....what a concept

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to trying cheers on my next cruise. I’m not a big drinker but I do enjoy a daiquiri while sitting on my balcony. And I might be more inclined to try some different drinks if I don’t have to pay each time. Every time I hear someone talk a out the alchemy bar I get a little excited lol.... lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 2:41 AM, Szoyka said:

i understand the 15 alcoholic drinks allowed during the 6-6 timeframe, but are all the non alcoholic drinks unlimited? I'm talking about the specialty lattes and milkshakes.

specialty lattes and milkshakes are unlimited with the Cheers program including the "fancy" teas in the coffee shop and during tea time.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, desiree741 said:

I am looking forward to trying cheers on my next cruise. I’m not a big drinker but I do enjoy a daiquiri while sitting on my balcony. And I might be more inclined to try some different drinks if I don’t have to pay each time. Every time I hear someone talk a out the alchemy bar I get a little excited lol.... lol 

good luck. Don't be afraid to ask for some high end liquor with your daiquiri, or try some new drinks on the menu (or even ask them to make your favorite off the menu). I like the XO Martini myself.

Same goes for the wine. Also you can find some really high end stuff (wine and liquor) at the steakhouse bar and you don't need a reservation for dinner to just sit at the bar there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, k_y30 said:

 

Damn! The more you know, right? Well, I will definitely be taking advantage on my vista sailing!

sorry for not reading the whole post like I usually do but the shakes that are spiked are worth the cost of cheers alone. my first one was so good I stopped a stranger walking down the hallway and told him he had to stop a get one.I think he did I saw him stop unless he got coffee (I think it had bourbon and something sprinkled on top  ) we are on the Magic in august I cant wait. Enjoy I hope the kids like them Ps. We were on the Vista the cakes look really good also, but why buy when there are so many choices on ledo

Edited by ChipFire
added more
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 8:38 AM, Purvis1231 said:

How many 700 calorie milk shakes or a 300 calorie lattes can a person drink? ? 

 

On 1/31/2018 at 12:02 PM, WassupBro said:

I literally drank 50 shakes on a 4 day Mexico cruise. Was not disappointed.

Questioned and answered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, desiree741 said:

I am looking forward to trying cheers on my next cruise. I’m not a big drinker but I do enjoy a daiquiri while sitting on my balcony. And I might be more inclined to try some different drinks if I don’t have to pay each time. Every time I hear someone talk a out the alchemy bar I get a little excited lol.... lol 

If you're a coffee drinker, swing by the coffee shop on your way to the Alchemy bar and pick up a double espresso.  Then have the mixologist at Alchemy make you a couple of espresso martinis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 9:25 AM, ray98 said:

Don't fight the battle, you will never convince some to do the right thing if they think they can get away with it.

 

While they may not overtly steal things they will pick up that camera you left behind for a minute or pocket that lost wallet found on the ground just as they will scheme a shake for someone else to avoid paying. Same type person.

 

Those are not remotely the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 2:00 AM, SNJCruisers said:

If you're a coffee drinker, swing by the coffee shop on your way to the Alchemy bar and pick up a double espresso.  Then have the mixologist at Alchemy make you a couple of espresso martinis.

 Even better, pick up 2 espressos and give one to your bartender. Instant BFF. 

Edited by ashirene225
Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen to the Carnival cheerleaders call for following rules, lol!!!  They are my favorite cruise line, but can someone post here how well CARNIVAL follows rules in respect to environmental RULES????  Something about calling the kettle black...…..Now that the idiots are called out and laid down, please, don't do as Carnival does.  Or do.  Listen, sharing alcoholic drinks isn't kosher, EVEN THOUGH they make you purchase Cheers even if you don't drink because your cabin mate wants it.  Common sense.  Don't exploit it.  Don't leave evidence trails, much like the trash trails Carnival leaves.  Share the damn shake.  Don't share 12 of them.  When these Carnival advocates can clean up, literally, Carnival's TRASH, they can start preaching.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind sharing a shake, soda, or zero proof drink with my kiddo and here's why.  On our last two cruises with Cheers bartenders and wait staff went out of their way to get my kid drinks on our Cheers package.  Every night in the MDR the wait staff brought my kid a sprite without asking and we were never charged a dime.  A few times kiddo would saddle up to the bar with dad while waiting on a drink and they'd flat out ask him if he wanted a strawberry smoothie, again no charge.  And even a time or two he ended up with a Powerade while I was ordering a coffee.  If Carnival employees are going out of their way to give him drinks on my Cheers package, why should I feel guilt about sharing?  In any of these instances, we would have gladly paid for the drink for my son, but we were never charged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Boxerjim said:

Listen to the Carnival cheerleaders call for following rules, lol!!!  They are my favorite cruise line, but can someone post here how well CARNIVAL follows rules in respect to environmental RULES????  Something about calling the kettle black...…..Now that the idiots are called out and laid down, please, don't do as Carnival does.  Or do.  Listen, sharing alcoholic drinks isn't kosher, EVEN THOUGH they make you purchase Cheers even if you don't drink because your cabin mate wants it.  Common sense.  Don't exploit it.  Don't leave evidence trails, much like the trash trails Carnival leaves.  Share the damn shake.  Don't share 12 of them.  When these Carnival advocates can clean up, literally, Carnival's TRASH, they can start preaching.

 

I'm not saying you're main point is wrong or anything because I mostly agree with it, especially the nuance, but this isn't great logic to use for it. Nor is the hostility and name calling. You're pretty much saying kids don't have to listen to their parents because their dad ran a red light once last week.

Edited by CruisingViper
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 6:45 AM, wytygr8 said:

 

Those are not remotely the same.

 

Hi

 

It always comes down to how you explain to your children the difference between stealing a little and stealing a lot. The main thing is not getting caught, right.

 

I know, I know, we all speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have cheers and ordered a shake and said "please give me 2 straws as I intend to share this with my kid, charge me if you must", my guess is that 9 times out of 10 you will not be charged. They are really more concerned with sharing alcohol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...