roxievegas

Confused with Coffee Card use

I think the brewed coffee is terrible. Buy one card and take your own coffee with a French Press. Put your own coffee in the press and ask the staff to fill with boiling water and give you an extra cup. Works for me !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

our first princess cruise is coming up and considering getting one coffee card. confused with the wording of "unlimited brewed coffee". My husband likes brewed and I like latte's. If he goes to get me a latte, can he get himself a brewed coffee at the same time, and is he just charged (or one punch) for the latte.

we are on a 28 day cruise, and would prefer not to have daily charges for one or two coffees a day on our acct - we are not getting a drink package.

if hubby goes to get a coffee for himself, gets a brewed, do they punch the card ?

thank you for any explaination

I just got off the Star. Almost every time I ordered a brewed coffee and hot chocolate they gave me both without punching my card. The only time they punched my card is when I ordered a specialty drink.

I asked them if I can use the card on another cruise and they said yes for the specialty coffees only. The unlimited brewed coffee would not be good. I would have to buy another card for that. Honestly I didn’t think the brewed coffee was that great.

Lets clarify something. There is free coffee/tea available in the lido buffet area (24 hours a day) which is completely free. The coffee card is only for use at the International Cafe and Amuleto Cafe. ......

Hank

Nope. Those are NOT the only places to use the card. I have used my card for specialty coffee in the main dining room far more often than IC. Only some ships have "Amuleto Cafe. I have also used it for gelato on Royal and Regal.

Nope. Those are NOT the only places to use the card. I have used my card for specialty coffee in the main dining room far more often than IC. Only some ships have "Amuleto Cafe. I have also used it for gelato on Royal and Regal.

The use of a coffee card for gelato has been stopped. You now have to purchase it with your cruise card.

Times are changing. :(

I just got off the Star. Almost every time I ordered a brewed coffee and hot chocolate they gave me both without punching my card. The only time they punched my card is when I ordered a specialty drink.

I asked them if I can use the card on another cruise and they said yes for the specialty coffees only. The unlimited brewed coffee would not be good. I would have to buy another card for that. Honestly I didn’t think the brewed coffee was that great.

Just off the Royal and some staff serving you at the IC will tell you your card is good for specialty coffees on future cruises but fail to realize that in fine print on the back of your coffee card there is an expiry date of Dec 31/18. Went to the front desk and they confirmed the expiry date. You need to use all 15 punches in 2018 or you lose them. Many people on our cruise did not realize this.

Just off the Royal and some staff serving you at the IC will tell you your card is good for specialty coffees on future cruises but fail to realize that in fine print on the back of your coffee card there is an expiry date of Dec 31/18. Went to the front desk and they confirmed the expiry date. You need to use all 15 punches in 2018 or you lose them. Many people on our cruise did not realize this.

I noticed the same thing. Possibly they just didn't want to get into the details of explaining that the cards do terminate at a point in time or

perhaps they just wanted to get the sale over with & get to the next passenger since their getting an incentive for each sale. ;);)

Either way they just didn't mention anything about the expiration date.

I consider this unfair to the purchaser not knowing that small but important detail.

Do they have hot chocolate mix in the buffet? I am not a real coffee drinker, but like to use the hot chocolate mix to blend with the hot coffee and make my own mochas.

Last year on the Star we purchased 4 coffee cards but only used up 2 of them.

So we have 2 brand new cards, no punches, no markings, no expiration date.

Anyone interested in them, email me at ti91773@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Fred

Do they have hot chocolate mix in the buffet? I am not a real coffee drinker, but like to use the hot chocolate mix to blend with the hot coffee and make my own mochas.

On the Regal & Royal they have free hot chocolate at the buffet & at the IC also free but you have to have a current coffee card.

I did notice that the hot chocolate machines were cleaned out late at night.

Last year on the Star we purchased 4 coffee cards but only used up 2 of them.

So we have 2 brand new cards, no punches, no markings, no expiration date.

Anyone interested in them, email me at ti91773@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Fred

Just an update, only 1 coffee card available now.

Thanks,

Fred