Labadee Beach Bed Review

HangryGrl

How is the water here?

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for? We were there in January and while it was warm/hot on the beach the water was too cold for me but my husband snorkeled for a bit. Kind of a reversal for us since I am usually braver with cold water being a swimmer. This was our second time in Labadee, we were at Adrenaline Beach this time and Columbus Cove the time before. Both places the water was cloudy due to the sand being churned up by people so snorkeling was not great. There were some fish at both locations and jelly fish at Columbus Cove. Let me know if you are looking for something more specific?

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for? We were there in January and while it was warm/hot on the beach the water was too cold for me but my husband snorkeled for a bit. Kind of a reversal for us since I am usually braver with cold water being a swimmer. This was our second time in Labadee, we were at Adrenaline Beach this time and Columbus Cove the time before. Both places the water was cloudy due to the sand being churned up by people so snorkeling was not great. There were some fish at both locations and jelly fish at Columbus Cove. Let me know if you are looking for something more specific?
Our first time to Labadee, so just not sure what to expect. I hear the back side water is clearer, but adrenaline is less crowded.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. How many people did you have? We have three going. Would lounge chairs be provided for all three people? I noticed it said it includes 2 floating mats. I don't care about that but we would want the loungechairs to sit in the sun if any of us wanted. TIA

• 1 month later...

Can people without wristbands be there on the beach where the beds are. The reason I am asking is because there is a we have a group of 8 people (one 4 year old and one 8 year old). Three of them will be gone most of the time to do excursions and such. But from time to time they will come back to join us for a bit. Don't want to get another bed if it's not going to be used most of the time. I wanted a bungalow but it looks like there's none available when I try to book it.

9 hours ago, Jennlo13 said:

Can people without wristbands be there on the beach where the beds are. The reason I am asking is because there is a we have a group of 8 people (one 4 year old and one 8 year old). Three of them will be gone most of the time to do excursions and such. But from time to time they will come back to join us for a bit. Don't want to get another bed if it's not going to be used most of the time. I wanted a bungalow but it looks like there's none available when I try to book it.

Yes people can be on the beach in front of the beach beds but there weren't any chairs there that I remember.  I am guessing that they probably wouldn't hassle you about the kids being on and off the beach bed but if you have 6 adults they might?  You will only get wristbands for 4 people so the 2 adults without bands may be asked not to use the bed.  It could also depend on the attendants that day.  I did see them kick one woman out who just came over and made herself comfortable on one of the empty beds.  How far out is your cruise?  The bungalows may open up closer to sailing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks for the review!  DH loves shade, I love sun... think the attendant would bring over a lounger for me that I could put in the sun?

The bed actually comes with 2 loungers set up at the end of the bed in the sand. 😊

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

How close to the water are they?  Do you have an unobstructed view of the water?

There are 2 rows of beds.  The first row is pretty close to the water and has unobstructed views.  The second row is just behind the first (maybe 12ft?) and would only be obstructed by the first row of beds.  The day we were there only a few of the beds were in use and the attendant let us choose which bed we wanted.

Image result for labadee beach bed

• 5 months later...

There are only curtains on 2 sides of the bed but they are easily adjustable. No need to find the attendant. They are a canvas type material so they stay put pretty well but there was a good breeze part of the day we were there so we had to adjust them a couple times when they were blown around. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...