Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

This is awesome! I wonder if poor sales of Joy cruises have caused the change to send this to Miami when all prior reports have said (and still show) that she is going to China? Well, hopefully this isn't temporary. Great news!

(10 a.m. EST) -- Norwegian Cruise Line's next new ship will be called Norwegian Encore, cruise line president Andy Stuart revealed Wednesday at a steel-cutting at Meyer-Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.

With international media, Norwegian executives and hull artist Wyland in attendance, Norwegian cut steel for Norwegian Encore, which will homeport in Miami beginning in fall 2019. (A steel-cutting represents the official start of the cruise ship building process.) Norwegian Encore is the fourth ship in the cruise line's Breakaway Plus class, joining Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Joy (sailing in China) and Norwegian Bliss (debuting in May).

Previously referred to as "708," Encore will carry 4,000 passengers. Other ships in the Breakaway Plus Class include a complex for solo passengers that offers cabins and a lounge for singles, waterslides and even go-kart tracks. The class also perfects the line's successful Waterfront, an alfresco dining and drinking spot that wraps around the ship, promenade style.

--By Colleen McDaniel, Senior Executive Editor

(https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8367)

You beat FreestyleNovice to the Everything Encore thread! Except this doesn't say everything encore... So does FSN need to start another?? :D

He’s at work... I purposely refrained from using the “official” thread name so he can start it up. Traditions matter! :)

It looks similar to Bliss/Joy (forward observation lounges and Garden Cafe/aft Spa).

Maybe a go-kart track that goes through part of the ship (Monaco GP style). :p

I agree based on the silhouette of the cut-out, but I was hoping they might not go with the go-cart track on this ship, but I am so excited to hear it isn't going to China like Joy did. Good decision NCL!