TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

MIAMI BOUND!! Norwegian Encore will be sailing out of Miami for its first year (2019).

bee241f7502d9d08ac22e2ea4af94308.jpg

Very exciting! The name is appropriate since it's the final ship for the Breakaway Plus class, correct?

Little Bit like Christmas today[emoji1]

Last (away) ship from Meyer Werft (sad), it will be a Special i Hope.

This is awesome! I wonder if poor sales of Joy cruises have caused the change to send this to Miami when all prior reports have said (and still show) that she is going to China? Well, hopefully this isn't temporary. Great news!

OMG..It's Coming to MIAMI!!! I'll def. be buying a cruisenext certificate when I sail the Bliss in June!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

(10 a.m. EST) -- Norwegian Cruise Line's next new ship will be called Norwegian Encore, cruise line president Andy Stuart revealed Wednesday at a steel-cutting at Meyer-Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.

With international media, Norwegian executives and hull artist Wyland in attendance, Norwegian cut steel for Norwegian Encore, which will homeport in Miami beginning in fall 2019. (A steel-cutting represents the official start of the cruise ship building process.) Norwegian Encore is the fourth ship in the cruise line's Breakaway Plus class, joining Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Joy (sailing in China) and Norwegian Bliss (debuting in May).

Previously referred to as "708," Encore will carry 4,000 passengers. Other ships in the Breakaway Plus Class include a complex for solo passengers that offers cabins and a lounge for singles, waterslides and even go-kart tracks. The class also perfects the line's successful Waterfront, an alfresco dining and drinking spot that wraps around the ship, promenade style.

--By Colleen McDaniel, Senior Executive Editor

(https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8367)

Awesome! Will be interesting to see how they set this version up.

It looks similar to Bliss/Joy (forward observation lounges and Garden Cafe/aft Spa).

Maybe a go-kart track that goes through part of the ship (Monaco GP style). :p

You beat FreestyleNovice to the Everything Encore thread! Except this doesn't say everything encore... So does FSN need to start another?? :D

You beat FreestyleNovice to the Everything Encore thread! Except this doesn't say everything encore... So does FSN need to start another?? :D

He’s at work... I purposely refrained from using the “official” thread name so he can start it up. Traditions matter! :)

It looks similar to Bliss/Joy (forward observation lounges and Garden Cafe/aft Spa).

Maybe a go-kart track that goes through part of the ship (Monaco GP style). :p

I agree based on the silhouette of the cut-out, but I was hoping they might not go with the go-cart track on this ship, but I am so excited to hear it isn't going to China like Joy did. Good decision NCL!

Hmm, I already see people accidentally typing "NCL Escape" with they mean "NCL Epic" and vice versa, adding another "E-c---" name seems like a bad idea. :)

Wondering when booking will start, hopefully next month.

I agree, let's get those Roll Calls going... TA - fall of 2019? Which month will it be? :confused:

another breakaway plus ship, very similar to the escape/joy/bliss and the other breakaway class ships. I wish Norwegian would of done something a bit different like a ship similar to the MSC Seaside.

I agree, let's get those Roll Calls going... TA - fall of 2019? Which month will it be? :confused:

According to information posted on Norwegian's website, delivery will be 31 October 2019.

Transatlantic would probably be mid November or so.

another breakaway plus ship, very similar to the escape/joy/bliss and the other breakaway class ships. I wish Norwegian would of done something a bit different like a ship similar to the MSC Seaside.

Wish granted! Project Leonardo, the ships after Breakaway-plus, will be similar to the MSC Seaside prototype.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

I wish Norwegian would of done something a bit different like a ship similar to the MSC Seaside.

Are you aware that the next generation of NCL ships after this last BA/BA+ class ship will be based on the same design as the Seaside? Project Leonardo ships will be built out of Fincantieri.

Project Leonardo (NOT ENCORE)...

0dfb31d94462209f6afc6536fd26aedb.jpg

Wish granted! Project Leonardo' date=' the ships after Breakaway-plus, will be similar to the MSC Seaside prototype.[/quote']

Thanks - didn’t mean to type over you. :)

Just wait.....

9ZRoeJZe6RQ

No real details about Leonardo but the speculation is that the Haven will move to the aft of the ship and the Garden Cafe will be at the front.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/norwegian-cruise-line-new-ship-encore-announcement

Norwegian Encore will feature amenities and interactive experiences that will excite and inspire, and more details on the ship’s design, accommodations, dining and onboard offerings will be shared in the coming months. The ship will be available for reservations in March 2018.

Looks like we will have to wait until March.

Since Breakaways last cruise out of Miami ends November 17, I would expect Encore to start November 24 for a Thanksgiving cruise.

If they do a 12 TA, Nov 12 would be my guess.

According to information posted on Norwegian's website, delivery will be 31 October 2019.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/norwegian-cruise-line-new-ship-encore-announcement

Norwegian Encore will feature amenities and interactive experiences that will excite and inspire, and more details on the ship’s design, accommodations, dining and onboard offerings will be shared in the coming months. The ship will be available for reservations in March 2018.

Looks like we will have to wait until March.

Since Breakaways last cruise out of Miami ends November 17, I would expect Encore to start November 24 for a Thanksgiving cruise.

If they do a 12 TA, Nov 12 would be my guess.

Great info, thanks to you both (y)

Ah I really hope they do a few nights out of Hamburg and/or Southampton so is here in Europe get the chance to try out a new ship!

Absolutely loved the 3 days on the Escape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doug.......a big thanks for starting this thread! Looking forward to so much more! :D

Perfect way to celebrate my birthday next year, a Transatlantic crossing!

Ah I really hope they do a few nights out of Hamburg and/or Southampton so is here in Europe get the chance to try out a new ship!

Absolutely loved the 3 days on the Escape!

Apparently on Twitter Andy Stuart has said that she will have a short UK stop!

Perfect way to celebrate my birthday next year, a Transatlantic crossing!

I was thinking the same thing depending on the dates, itinerary and place.

I already have a birthday cruise booked for November of 2019.