Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

47 minutes ago, CazV said:

That's because it is unfinished. It's way behind schedule. I asked on Port Miami's FB page several weeks ago when it would be finished, and they told me May/June 2020.  

Too bad Meyer-Werft doesn't build cruise port terminals also.  That baby would be delivered.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yesterday while embarking on another cruise line I spotted Encore entering the turning basin at the Port of Miami as our bus transfer approached.  She was going very slow and a had a helicopter buzzing around her.  Apologize for the quality, that's shooting out a moving bus window.

YcIepfI.jpg

n0obEWV.jpg

sMMURtO.jpg

Later as my ship sailed past on the way out of Miami...

edD3sBh.jpg

FFvU4Eh.jpg

sU4WJes.jpg

qdo5TPG.jpg

Ximurr4.jpg

Welcome home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

The Encore is in Great Stirrup Cay this weekend.  I wonder how many guests are on board?

A whole lot of travel agents.  I wonder if Kelly Clarkson went on the short cruise.

Still wishing Encore good luck and the more I look at the ship, the more I like the art work.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zymurgy1999 said:

Just got back.  I always try and give back as I do use a lot of the information that others post on these message boards.  If you have any questions please let me know.

Did you like it?   We have Priority Access, and are Vibe cruisers on our past six NCL cruises.   This ship has many similarities to Escape and Bliss, but we won’t set foot in Galaxy Pavilion, Laser Tag, or Racetrack.  We will enjoy the shows, food, Vibe, and bars.   That’s why we cruise NCL.  This ship obviously changed focus with so much emphasis on VR and larger racetrack.   Did it go too far??

14 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Did you like it?   We have Priority Access, and are Vibe cruisers on our past six NCL cruises.   This ship has many similarities to Escape and Bliss, but we won’t set foot in Galaxy Pavilion, Laser Tag, or Racetrack.  We will enjoy the shows, food, Vibe, and bars.   That’s why we cruise NCL.  This ship obviously changed focus with so much emphasis on VR and larger racetrack.   Did it go too far??

We had not traveled on this class of ship yet, so a lot of it was new to us.  My kids did the VR.  I bought an hour pass for them and after 30 minutes they were bored.  It was never busy and half of the games were not working when we were there.  I cannot see that section succeeding in the long run.  We did not do the laser tag and cannot speak to whether or not it was busy or not.  I did hear that the race track was very busy.  You had to make a reservation.  They would tell you to show up 30 minutes before your time and it was still an hour plus wait after you showed up.  We did not do the race track.  By the time we decided we wanted to give it a shot we were told that it was sold out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has eaten at Onda using the SDP: How does the Specialty Dining Package work at Onda as far as what you can order? And is there an upcharge there? I've seen menu pics posted in places but no consensus on what you can order in what menu sections. I have the 7 day dining package and intend to go to Onda 4-5 times to try a broad selection from the menu.

I called NCL about this and all 3 reps I spoke to were clueless and could only read off the "terms and conditions" most of which didn't even apply to the ship I was specifically referencing, Encore. They also had no menu to reference and no way to tell me anything other than the restaurant exists on the ship and they can make reservations for me.

I was told by the NCL phone rep that "ALL" specialty dining includes unlimited appetizers, desserts and sides plus 1 entree. However when dining at Le Bistro on Gem in August I was told differently at the restaurant (ate there 6 nights!) and was limited on menu selections aside from the 1 entree rule which I can understand.

1 hour ago, floor13 said:

Anyone who has eaten at Onda using the SDP: How does the Specialty Dining Package work at Onda as far as what you can order? And is there an upcharge there? I've seen menu pics posted in places but no consensus on what you can order in what menu sections. I have the 7 day dining package and intend to go to Onda 4-5 times to try a broad selection from the menu.

I called NCL about this and all 3 reps I spoke to were clueless and could only read off the "terms and conditions" most of which didn't even apply to the ship I was specifically referencing, Encore. They also had no menu to reference and no way to tell me anything other than the restaurant exists on the ship and they can make reservations for me.

I was told by the NCL phone rep that "ALL" specialty dining includes unlimited appetizers, desserts and sides plus 1 entree. However when dining at Le Bistro on Gem in August I was told differently at the restaurant (ate there 6 nights!) and was limited on menu selections aside from the 1 entree rule which I can understand.

My wife and I had the SDP, our 2 daughters were able to use our platinum voucher for lacuchina. We ordered an app each, a pizza, 2 pastas, our mains, and a dessert ea.  Our daughters got an app, main, dessert. So we shared the pizza and the pastas with everyone.. it was WAY too much food.....

1 hour ago, La-Z-Guy said:

My wife and I had the SDP, our 2 daughters were able to use our platinum voucher for lacuchina. We ordered an app each, a pizza, 2 pastas, our mains, and a dessert ea.  Our daughters got an app, main, dessert. So we shared the pizza and the pastas with everyone.. it was WAY too much food.....

Was it good?

2 hours ago, La-Z-Guy said:

They allowed you to use the platinum voucher in Ondo?? The platinum voucher on Encore is supposed to be good only for Q or Los Lobos for one voucher and Cagney’s or Le Bistro for the other voucher. 

6 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

They allowed you to use the platinum voucher in Ondo?? The platinum voucher on Encore is supposed to be good only for Q or Los Lobos for one voucher and Cagney’s or Le Bistro for the other voucher. 

I used the Platinum voucher in Onda, no problem at all!

10 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

I used the Platinum voucher in Onda, no problem at all!

interesting. We were told no on the cruise we just got off of today.  We were told the platinum voucher could only be used in Q or Los Lobos. No changes or any leeway to choose Onda since the normal voucher is indeed for the Italian restaurant. 

38 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

The voucher was printed saying only Q or LosLobos, but I saw one being used at the hostess desk. So, I asked and she said we could us it there also...so I did take advantage of it.... might have been a mistake, but it seemed like multiple people did it.

56 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Was it good?

I liked it.  It was very noisy, but we were right by the kitchen entrance. My one daughter didn’t like the pasta, but everyone else did. The pizza was very good, and the salmon was very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

What a terrible ship and cruise line in general. Nothing good to say. We've tried staying loyal but just cant any more. The steady decline in quality is disappointing. Maybe inaugural issues but nothing worked, everything over crowded. Paid extra for spa and hot tubs are cold, saunas not working nightly. Doubled charged for multiple items. I could go on but no point. We will stick with Royal Caribbean from here on out.

1 hour ago, mostwantedmotorsports said:

What a terrible ship and cruise line in general. Nothing good to say. We've tried staying loyal but just cant any more. The steady decline in quality is disappointing. Maybe inaugural issues but nothing worked, everything over crowded. Paid extra for spa and hot tubs are cold, saunas not working nightly. Doubled charged for multiple items. I could go on but no point. We will stick with Royal Caribbean from here on out.

The hot tubs are cold. Ok, thanks. I’ll put that in my notes. 

1 hour ago, mostwantedmotorsports said:

We totally enjoyed the Encore. With 4 sea days, we spent a lot time in the spa and the water in the hydrotherapy pools were a perfect temperature. 

Everything was in working order on the ship except one day, a fire sprinkler went off on deck. It was quickly repaired by the crew. 

Sorry you were disappointed. I hope that the Symohony tree area you better.  We also enjoyed the Symphony on her inaugural cruise out of Miami. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

"The hot tubs are cold. Ok, thanks. I’ll put that in my noteS". Yorkvillain, I know we sound like NCL fanboys, but I laughed when I agreed with your response.   I read EVERYTHING on these boards relating to the NCL ship I've booked, and haven't read a single thing about spa issues.  I read your Escape review five years ago Yorkvillain, and I know there are a lot of us who like NCL...But I don't think even fans and regular cruisers are convinced NCL is this luxury line and never has an issue.  Funny thing is most people (translation: most of us) get any issues resolved on board, or choose the ship that fits their needs best  Yet, the trolls and some folks just won't ever be happy.    I say to people like this, Enjoy the other lines If you are that frustrated...... My NCL Stock continues to grow.   And I fully expect the "I've been cruising NCL for thirty years, am Ambassador Emeritus, Del Rio is my cousin" response from people like this OP.  NCL is changing, and not always the way I like it.  But I'm loyal because if I have an issue, I speak to someone and usually feel it's adressed .   And, I also choose not to make threats or demands on websites or forums....crazy world!

Edited by Jim The Lizard
  • Like 1

We just got off the ship and had an amazing time. The food and entertainment was phenomenal. Customer service was really really good. As others have said, if you have an issue, go and talk to someone about it. I had two issues and they made them right immediately both times. Seriously fantastic. We were in a mini suite and really enjoyed the bigger bathroom. 

• Like 4