Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

We're booked on Encore in February for a number of reasons, and not one of them has to do with the ship itself. However, I'm fine with waiting and seeing how the layout works before making judgments. 

As long as we can find a spot to relax on the Waterfront or in the Observation Lounge (which I'm so glad they have brought back), we'll be happy. 

• Like 1

"As long as we can find a spot to relax on the Waterfront..."

Good luck with that. With SpiceH20 eliminated, and literally ALL of the public upper deck space absorbed by the massive new vibe, there's only one outdoor no-fee public area left for the crowds to spillover to...and that's the Waterfront. RIP Waterfront. 

The Haven pool looks nice but I would love to see both "pool areas" combined for a larger pool. I know its a plunge pool but it could be bigger.  Its not a Jewel class ship with only a few Haven passengers.  In any event, anything is an improvement IMHO so I like this subtle change.

27 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

The Haven pool looks nice but I would love to see both "pool areas" combined for a larger pool. I know its a plunge pool but it could be bigger.  Its not a Jewel class ship with only a few Haven passengers.  In any event, anything is an improvement IMHO so I like this subtle change.

I'd keep the dividing wall where one half is the usual depth (3'11") and the other half is about 6ft. or so. Lose the "ankle depth" and make it a full width pool.

17 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I am not sure if a larger pool is possible, it may be to way forward and high up (this is deck 17 after all) and could possible cause stability problems? Or well that's what I made of the small Haven pools.. :classic_smile:

MSC have no issues putting a bigger pool even higher.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JohnIreland said:

They did a great job on Meraviglia, Bellisima, and Grandiosa. I’ll see if I can post a news drone photo from its inaugural Manhattan arrival of the top deck. They did like an aft ampatheater tiered seating surrounding a pool, great efficient use of the space. They also have the main pool (good sized), slides, ropes course, a solarium pool just forward of the main pool (like RCCL) with a Haven retractable roof, AND the YC area forward of the solarium and pool. We’re sailing on her in February. 

B3467067-7D33-4C8A-BE69-0E622A092A2F.png

47B15C94-54DC-407C-AD72-C165ECA9AFB9.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnIreland said:

Perhaps that's due to the different design, I can imagine a top heavy/-ier ship needs i.e. bigger stabilizer fins (when in use) or more immersion to have a certain amount of stability and that there's no technical space for it on the BA/BA+ class design? Or a larger pool would simply cost too much space in the Garden Cafe's kitchen on deck 16 below (Escape has the fitness center there, cast your votes for a dry dock hint to NCL!)

NCL really did an effort in the evolution of this class I think, so if a larger Haven courtyard pool would be possible they probably would have done it or.. it was greatly overlooked.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:15 PM, Apsalar said:

We're booked on Encore in February for a number of reasons, and not one of them has to do with the ship itself. However, I'm fine with waiting and seeing how the layout works before making judgments. 

As long as we can find a spot to relax on the Waterfront or in the Observation Lounge (which I'm so glad they have brought back), we'll be happy. 

Exactly. I’m not a complainer and will take any day on a cruise but I’m there to relax and if I can’t find any place to do that I will not be happy. I will be very interested to read the reviews when the ship starts sailing.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2018 at 5:46 AM, rtkenmore said:

We just got off the Joy. Trust me, that design is not a disaster 

I don’t know. There was a lot of things custom done for the Asian market on joy. I can’t imagine they do these same things for encore to spend a year in Miami and then go to Asia. Look at the upper decks on joy. A design like that would be a disaster in the North American market.

I loved the YC Club pool and deck on MSC SEASIDE.  It's a real pool and spacious deck all the way forward, and I don't feel like I'm swimming in a deep well like I do in the Haven on the newest ships.  The pencil pool is a bit of a joke with walls all around.

I think EPIC has the best Haven of all the NCL ships.  Much nicer Haven pool and deck area, and even POSH is quite wonderful.

fullsizeoutput_58d4.jpg

fullsizeoutput_58d5.jpg

fullsizeoutput_5740.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5741.jpg

I was down at PortMiami today to check out the new Scenic Eclipse. An absolute stunner, more yacht than cruise ship. Anyway I also saw the new NCL terminal.  It’s coming along, and looks really really impressive.  I hope it will be a wonderful way to start and end a cruise.  Hopefully they get traffic patterns resolved.  Right now it’s a huge mess around the terminal.

3AC55C36-6F6E-49CE-8211-74E974BFFC1A.jpeg

87E79325-105F-460E-AF52-1B4353266888.jpeg

02476518-1F60-482E-8526-37747C65B5F9.jpeg

• Like 6