Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

The hull art is very important to me because I spend a huge amount of my time on a cruise looking at the ship's hull art. 

And I've spent over a year waiting for my cruise looking at it 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 2:20 PM, prbffd28 said:

Has anyone tried to purchase the Thermal Suite passes yet? I cannot find the option listed anywhere in the list under the Spa tab.  I'm thinking of giving it a try on our February 9, 2020 sailing. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks!!

BTW, there are some new photos showing up on Instagram under #nclencore if anyone is interested.

So we were able to purchase the Thermal Suite pass for our 11/24 Encore Cruise... by calling Customer Service 

At first they were quoting around 289 pp....but we were able to purchase for 249 pp 

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TA is just a week away.  While we are not on this cruise and actually cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise aboard the Encore, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews and to hear what people actually think.  I am hoping for another great “Live” review from TheDougOut and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ybard31 said:

So we were able to purchase the Thermal Suite pass for our 11/24 Encore Cruise... by calling Customer Service 

At first they were quoting around 289 pp....but we were able to purchase for 249 pp 

Hope this helps

Definitely helps, thanks to all that replied, we appreciate it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

The TA is just a week away.  While we are not on this cruise and actually cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise aboard the Encore, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews and to hear what people actually think.  I am hoping for another great “Live” review from TheDougOut and others.

I originally signed up for the 11 day TA but cancelled when turned into 9 day.

I am still on the fence about the decision but disembarking in NYC was the straw that decided it really.

Only a few days away, how exciting for those going on the TA!  I am sure a great time will be had by all.

She does look beautiful.....😊

Safe sailing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

I originally signed up for the 11 day TA but cancelled when turned into 9 day.

I am still on the fence about the decision but disembarking in NYC was the straw that decided it really.

Only a few days away, how exciting for those going on the TA!  I am sure a great time will be had by all.

She does look beautiful.....😊

Safe sailing!

I am not sure what your reasons were for deciding disembarking in NYC was not your thing but did

want to mention I almost cancelled my  repositioning cruise that disembarks in NYC too.

I decided to go with it but navigating NYC vs. Miami for example after a cruise can be daunting.

We are familiar with what we have to do but let's just say I am not looking forward to it. Mainly

because our airport of choice is LGA and it is a nightmare there.

 

 

Edited by Peachypooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

So is the transatlantic ending in NYC at the NCL terminal there? When does it head to Miami? And what will they be doing the dates between NY & Miami

Special event charters.  Invited guests, travel agents, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when we may start seeing the interior pictures? Is that during the handover and if so, when is that expected to take place?

Thank you so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, js said:

Does anyone know when we may start seeing the interior pictures? Is that during the handover and if so, when is that expected to take place?

Thank you so much! 

Handover is THIS WEEK probably either Wednesday or Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Handover is THIS WEEK probably either Wednesday or Thursday.

 

Oh my! Exciting! Cannot wait.  Thank you for the information 🙂
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, js said:

 

Oh my! Exciting! Cannot wait.  Thank you for the information 🙂
 

Transatlantic from Southampton, United Kingdom to New York City is scheduled for 5 P.M.  Southampton time this Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, js said:

Does anyone know when we may start seeing the interior pictures? Is that during the handover and if so, when is that expected to take place?

Thank you so much! 

Handover is on Wednesday - pretty likely in the morning. So start looking for photos by Wednesday (noon, German time).

 

steamboats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, david_sobe said:

Has the hull grown on anyone who hated it when it was announced?  Personally I prefer abstract hull are on ships compared to painted gems, suns, turtles, and mermaids, etc.

This is my kind of hull art!  😀

Capture.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

I am not sure what your reasons were for deciding disembarking in NYC was not your thing but did

want to mention I almost cancelled my  repositioning cruise that disembarks in NYC too.

I decided to go with it but navigating NYC vs. Miami for example after a cruise can be daunting.

We are familiar with what we have to do but let's just say I am not looking forward to it. Mainly

because our airport of choice is LGA and it is a nightmare there.

 

 

Have a great trip!! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 7:40 PM, www3traveler said:

Special event charters.  Invited guests, travel agents, etc.

Should be lots of YouTube videos from that one. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...