Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

I can't remember which thread it was, but someone was asking about Veuve Clicquot not being on the bottle list anymore for the Premium Plus package. That certainly appears to be the case as you can see from the wine list below it no longer has the asterisk for the bottle but you can still get it by the glass. You can now get the Moet by the bottle instead.

20191108_124216.thumb.jpg.64852c381591462290c1b044a4b4981c.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, tomservo said:

I found this on the Cagney’s page for the Encore. Dry-aged Certified Angus Beef? This would definitely be an improvement to the menu, albeit with some kind of up-charge. At least it’s an option now. When was the last time Cagney’s even had steak like this? Will this start with Encore and then get rolled our fleet-wide?

8D1F2E45-5270-4934-AD27-CE3C6B7EBC78.jpeg

So a menu posted from Cagney’s on the Encore TA still says “Premium Black Angus Beef”, not Certified. No mention of aging either. So either it’s forthcoming (unlikely) or there’s a miscommunication between marketing and food and beverage operations. 

We have the dining perk and after viewing the menu, I wanted to confirm what is classified as an entree. I see 3 sections, one marked Seafood, one as Grilled Classic, and one as Featured Selections. Can I presume that we get to choose one and only entree from any one of these 3 along with a side plus starter/soup/salad and dessert? Some of the speciality menus don't break down the choices clearly. 

Welcome home Encore and all she holds!

You are now seen docked on the Port of NYC web cam, all lit up.

Looks stunning!

Glad you are home safe. 😊

Been watching webcams... here's a few of the screenshots I managed to capture... 

encore in nyc 1.png

encore in nyc 2.png

encore in nyc 3.png

encore in nyc 4.png

encore in nyc 5.png

sisters 11.png

sisters 1.png

sisters 2.png

Just now, Cruisercl said:

Welcome home Encore and all she holds!

You are now seen docked on the Port of NYC web cam, all lit up.

Looks stunning!

Glad you are home safe. 😊

Great to be here!

20191110_174131.jpg

Here's another ship tour video. This one is slower paced than others I've seen and very comprehensive (20 minutes long)

Beautiful day for her first full day in NYC.

Capture.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Pirate at 50 said:

The chandelier is growing on my wife and I the more we see it and how the lights change and shift.  But I won't know for sure until I board and see it in person.

I like the changing colors. I just still have a hard time with the focus of it being on garbage which is why it resembles plastic garbage. I get to see it in 27 sleeps. :)

yes, and the last Meyer Werft ship for NCL 😢, wish they had orderd 2-3 more away ship.

Quote this post, thanks Doug, thanks to all who posted here. I liked to read dayli here the new posts and hope we will have a same everything...Leonardo......

On 10/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

A small thank you for Doug! As a real Jedi, a young Skywalker he mastered the fine essence of the Everything threads again with Encore and this thread would not be the same without his continuous effort and endless enthusiasm; this one is for you Doug, cheers!

Edited by Steff79

11 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

In case this wasn’t already posted...

BFA10879-AB88-486A-947F-F77E11A590FC.thumb.jpeg.99e514836fb71a2feb2a73285a3d7e70.jpeg

BTW for all who are searching... Face the Surf Bar and go to the left side where the Garden Café outside area is located. There you will find it.

And for those who are still following my ship review... Bars & Lounges part 1 went online today. Still a couple of more entries in the future.

steamboats

TL;DR are there pictures of the Vibe Beach Club anywhere in this thread or elsewhere to look?  With the small pool deck area, I was wondering what VBC offered.

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

TL;DR are there pictures of the Vibe Beach Club anywhere in this thread or elsewhere to look?  With the small pool deck area, I was wondering what VBC offered.

You can find photos of the Vibe Beach Club here in my review and here´s the Vibe Bar. Some cabanas, two whirlpools and a mist area on the upper deck (deck 20). There are nice double loungers up there too but I guess you have to be fast to grab one.

steamboats

Out of all the cruises I have been on the coolest thing (in my opinion) was standing on the

pool deck of the Norwegian Gem and looking up to see this bridge overhead. 

22 hours ago, steamboats said:

You can find photos of the Vibe Beach Club here in my review and here´s the Vibe Bar. Some cabanas, two whirlpools and a mist area on the upper deck (deck 20). There are nice double loungers up there too but I guess you have to be fast to grab one.

steamboats

Those are great photos. I also looked at the photos you have on your webpage of the Waterfront.....man.... they are really packing in chairs on the Waterfront to accommodate the limited space up top. 

When we sailed on the Bliss in December, the Waterfront was not that packed with seating. It had plenty on it, but it has a LOT in your photos. 

Thank you (and Sue) for the full review with all the details. I very much appreciate all the work you put into it. It is very difficult and I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Hoosier1439 said:

Has anyone seen Daily's from the TA?

They were posted in the Live from Encore TA thread. 

4 minutes ago, CazV said:

They were posted in the Live from Encore TA thread. 

Thank you!  It's a great thread!

Encore coming into Miami.  Time to watch the Port of Miami webcam!

Capture.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

3 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Encore coming into Miami.  Time to watch the Port of Miami webcam!

Capture.JPG

Can't compare to our arrival in NYC, that was a once in a lifetime experience!!!