Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

What a terrible ship and cruise line in general. Nothing good to say. We've tried staying loyal but just cant any more. The steady decline in quality is disappointing. Maybe inaugural issues but nothing worked, everything over crowded. Paid extra for spa and hot tubs are cold, saunas not working nightly. Doubled charged for multiple items. I could go on but no point. We will stick with Royal Caribbean from here on out.

1 hour ago, mostwantedmotorsports said:

What a terrible ship and cruise line in general. Nothing good to say. We've tried staying loyal but just cant any more. The steady decline in quality is disappointing. Maybe inaugural issues but nothing worked, everything over crowded. Paid extra for spa and hot tubs are cold, saunas not working nightly. Doubled charged for multiple items. I could go on but no point. We will stick with Royal Caribbean from here on out.

The hot tubs are cold. Ok, thanks. I’ll put that in my notes. 

1 hour ago, mostwantedmotorsports said:

We totally enjoyed the Encore. With 4 sea days, we spent a lot time in the spa and the water in the hydrotherapy pools were a perfect temperature. 

Everything was in working order on the ship except one day, a fire sprinkler went off on deck. It was quickly repaired by the crew. 

Sorry you were disappointed. I hope that the Symohony tree area you better.  We also enjoyed the Symphony on her inaugural cruise out of Miami. 

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

"The hot tubs are cold. Ok, thanks. I’ll put that in my noteS". Yorkvillain, I know we sound like NCL fanboys, but I laughed when I agreed with your response.   I read EVERYTHING on these boards relating to the NCL ship I've booked, and haven't read a single thing about spa issues.  I read your Escape review five years ago Yorkvillain, and I know there are a lot of us who like NCL...But I don't think even fans and regular cruisers are convinced NCL is this luxury line and never has an issue.  Funny thing is most people (translation: most of us) get any issues resolved on board, or choose the ship that fits their needs best  Yet, the trolls and some folks just won't ever be happy.    I say to people like this, Enjoy the other lines If you are that frustrated...... My NCL Stock continues to grow.   And I fully expect the "I've been cruising NCL for thirty years, am Ambassador Emeritus, Del Rio is my cousin" response from people like this OP.  NCL is changing, and not always the way I like it.  But I'm loyal because if I have an issue, I speak to someone and usually feel it's adressed .   And, I also choose not to make threats or demands on websites or forums....crazy world!

Edited by Jim The Lizard

We just got off the ship and had an amazing time. The food and entertainment was phenomenal. Customer service was really really good. As others have said, if you have an issue, go and talk to someone about it. I had two issues and they made them right immediately both times. Seriously fantastic. We were in a mini suite and really enjoyed the bigger bathroom. 

Is anyone able to let me know if I can purchase a week pass to Galaxy Pavilion and if I can share this pass with my kids, without any issues?

I'm thinking of purchasing a week pass and allowing the kids to share if that's possible?

I called up NCL Australia and they said it should be OK, she said it's quite expensive and understandable and they should allow it,  although she didnt know and I would need to call up NCL USA or wait to I get on the ship.  I also asked how the pass system works,   ie.  a wrist band, key card, or is there a  photo linked / Date or birth to your account and she couldnt answer this either.  So I'm still not sure if a week pass is interchangeable between family members?

I hope the lack of customer phone staff knowledge and general ability to assist doesnt extend to the crew.

Thanks

You can definitely purchase a week pass, but don't know if you can share it with your kids. We did an hourly pass and then you swipe your cabin card on each "ride" or "game." It seems you'd be able to share it on the game ones, but I'm not sure if the ones that have staff manning them would allow it. 

The crew was very knowledgeable once on board. I'm sure it's just that it's a new ship. 

Does anyone have pics of the main dining room dinner menus? I’ve searched and can’t find anything. 

we are on the 4 day Encore to Bermuda cruise in April with port time of 8am to 5pm. What time is all aboard, 4 or 4:30pm?

5 hours ago, kenns said:

we are on the 4 day Encore to Bermuda cruise in April with port time of 8am to 5pm. What time is all aboard, 4 or 4:30pm?

4:30

5 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Does anyone have pics of the main dining room dinner menus? I’ve searched and can’t find anything. 

The following link has 7 MDR menus. NCL has 14 menus which the executive chef picks from. So you will see some, but not all of the menus in this link. 

30 minutes ago, dread_pirate said:

Does anyone know if the solo lounge has the cappuccino machine like the Breakaway? Thanks.

Yes it does have one

On 12/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kfamilycruise said:

We just got off the ship and had an amazing time. The food and entertainment was phenomenal. Customer service was really really good. As others have said, if you have an issue, go and talk to someone about it. I had two issues and they made them right immediately both times. Seriously fantastic. We were in a mini suite and really enjoyed the bigger bathroom. 

We had an issue within the first few hours on the ship. Our shower was not draining and after about a few

minutes it looked like the 4 inch or so basin was going to overflow. Even turning off the water nothing was going

down. They had it fixed within 20-30 minutes. I was impressed.

13 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

They are the same fleet wide, so search on other ships.

The more I look at thw artwork on the hull, the more I like it.

Still lack of deck space on back of ship will turn me away and say no.

Can not wait for next new class to come out.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, kenns said:

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

4:30

thank you!

20 hours ago, dread_pirate said:

Does anyone know if the solo lounge has the cappuccino machine like the Breakaway? Thanks.

Yes it has - you can see my photos here (scroll down to the end of the page for the Studio Lounge).

steamboats

On 1/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, dread_pirate said:

Already confirmed as a yes, but I thought I'd add that there are photos and a video of the Studio Lounge in my trip report:

First time platinum on Encore in May.  What are my platinum dining choices.  Thank you.

20 hours ago, CUontheC said:

First time platinum on Encore in May.  What are my platinum dining choices.  Thank you.

Don’t forget to go to cruise next on embarkation day to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour. 

3900FEB9-2C88-45B4-8BB0-13B4FF68D28D.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t forget to go to cruise next on embarkation day to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour. 

3900FEB9-2C88-45B4-8BB0-13B4FF68D28D.jpeg

thought Encore did not have La Cucina

16 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

thought Encore did not have La Cucina

On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.