Jump to content

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, destiny217 said:

Complimentary dinner for two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine (one per stateroom), and a complimentary dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina (one per stateroom)

On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

 

Thank you so much.  I was wondering what they were replacing Moderna/La Cucina with.  I have been to Los Lobos on the Dawn and it was really good.  I also was at the Q on the Bliss.  I like both but think I will do Los Lobos on the Encore.  By chance have you tried Onda?  I was thinking about making that one of my dining choices too.  With the two extra it will give me 5.  I will be at 120 days in 2 days so want to get the dinner dates and times in.

 

Have a wonderful evening!

 

Mary

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t forget to go to cruise next on embarkation day to sign up for the behind-the-scenes tour. 

3900FEB9-2C88-45B4-8BB0-13B4FF68D28D.jpeg

Thank you for the reminder.  I need to totally remember to go there on the embarkation day.  My husband is also platinum and we both are looking forward to the ship tour.  

 

I see you noted that it was La Cucina and Moderno.  Another cruiser posted that it would be Q and Los Lobos since the other two are not on the Encore.  I am excited to try Los Lobos for an entire meal.  Went to it on the Dawn but just had some appetizers and guacamole.   Did you try Onda?  If so did you like it?  If you were deciding on Onda vs Teppanyaki what would you pick?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you for the reminder.  I need to totally remember to go there on the embarkation day.  My husband is also platinum and we both are looking forward to the ship tour.  

 

I see you noted that it was La Cucina and Moderno.  Another cruiser posted that it would be Q and Los Lobos since the other two are not on the Encore.  I am excited to try Los Lobos for an entire meal.  Went to it on the Dawn but just had some appetizers and guacamole.   Did you try Onda?  If so did you like it?  If you were deciding on Onda vs Teppanyaki what would you pick?  

The info on NCL website states that it is Q and Los Lobos.  And we had made reservations at LL to use our voucher.  BUT, while we were waiting for our dinner reservation at ONDA (a night earlier) we saw them accepting the vouchers for LaCuchina there....SO we ran and got our Voucher, and used it at ONDA.....It may have been a mistake on the hostess' part, but we took advantage. 2 in our party of 4 had the dinning plan.  The voucher doesn't allow as many items for dinner, but the dinning plan allowed us to order A LOT.  so, we added a pizza and 2 pastas to share for our table of 4.    The food at ONDA was good (but, Our table location SUCKED, so the atmosphere wasnt that great).  But, I think our family would vote for Teppenyaki over ONDA if they had to pick just one. we sailed on 12/8/19

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you so much.  I was wondering what they were replacing Moderna/La Cucina with.  I have been to Los Lobos on the Dawn and it was really good.  I also was at the Q on the Bliss.  I like both but think I will do Los Lobos on the Encore.  By chance have you tried Onda?  I was thinking about making that one of my dining choices too.  With the two extra it will give me 5.  I will be at 120 days in 2 days so want to get the dinner dates and times in.

 

Have a wonderful evening!

 

Mary

Most definitely go to Onda... One of, if not the best meal on the ship in my opinion...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, La-Z-Guy said:

The info on NCL website states that it is Q and Los Lobos.  And we had made reservations at LL to use our voucher.  BUT, while we were waiting for our dinner reservation at ONDA (a night earlier) we saw them accepting the vouchers for LaCuchina there....SO we ran and got our Voucher, and used it at ONDA.....It may have been a mistake on the hostess' part, but we took advantage. 2 in our party of 4 had the dinning plan.  The voucher doesn't allow as many items for dinner, but the dinning plan allowed us to order A LOT.  so, we added a pizza and 2 pastas to share for our table of 4.    The food at ONDA was good (but, Our table location SUCKED, so the atmosphere wasnt that great).  But, I think our family would vote for Teppenyaki over ONDA if they had to pick just one. we sailed on 12/8/19

This is where it gets hard.  We have always gone to Teppanyaki and loved it.  However we went to it on the Escape in September and it was not very good.  This was our third time on the Escape.  The issue was the garlic.  The cook put so much garlic into the rice that it stayed with us for days.  We like garlic but this was so over the top.  So we thought maybe instead we would try Onda.  Do you know if you use the voucher for Cagneys /La Bistro or Los Lobos / Q do they also give you less than you would get with the dining package?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you so much.  I was wondering what they were replacing Moderna/La Cucina with.  I have been to Los Lobos on the Dawn and it was really good.  I also was at the Q on the Bliss.  I like both but think I will do Los Lobos on the Encore.  By chance have you tried Onda?  I was thinking about making that one of my dining choices too.  With the two extra it will give me 5.  I will be at 120 days in 2 days so want to get the dinner dates and times in.

 

Have a wonderful evening!

 

Mary

Our cruise on Encore is in the fall and it will be our first time sailing platinum, so I have been researching and found the info I shared with those who have previously shared.  I have read a few posts about being able to use one of the platinum dinners at Onda.  If you get a chance after your sailing, report back if yes or no on your cruise.

 

Have a great cruise.  Wish ours was sooner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone who's already sailed the Encore (or otherwise) have a definitive answer as to where Vibe passes are being sold? I've seen The Social and Q as it seemingly depends on the sailing, but trying to see if NCL has made a final decision.

 

Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, destiny217 said:

Our cruise on Encore is in the fall and it will be our first time sailing platinum, so I have been researching and found the info I shared with those who have previously shared.  I have read a few posts about being able to use one of the platinum dinners at Onda.  If you get a chance after your sailing, report back if yes or no on your cruise.

 

Have a great cruise.  Wish ours was sooner.

I will let you know what is said about Onda.  You also have a wonderful cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, novanoto said:

Does anyone who's already sailed the Encore (or otherwise) have a definitive answer as to where Vibe passes are being sold? I've seen The Social and Q as it seemingly depends on the sailing, but trying to see if NCL has made a final decision.

 

Thanks! 

It was at The Social for the first few sailings then they moved it to Q... they may or may not change it again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, CUontheC said:

This is where it gets hard.  We have always gone to Teppanyaki and loved it.  However we went to it on the Escape in September and it was not very good.  This was our third time on the Escape.  The issue was the garlic.  The cook put so much garlic into the rice that it stayed with us for days.  We like garlic but this was so over the top.  So we thought maybe instead we would try Onda.  Do you know if you use the voucher for Cagneys /La Bistro or Los Lobos / Q do they also give you less than you would get with the dining package?  

We had the same "Garlic" experience once before also....(could have been on the Escape?LOL)..  But this trip to Teppanyaki was very good.  We did ONDA this last trip, since our next 2 ships wont have it... So, we wanted to make sure we got there.  I'd definitely include ONDA in your schedule if possible, It was much different than LaCuchina.  with the Platinum vouchers ALL of the locations we've used them they only allow 1 app, 1 entree, 1 desert.  So, it is a little more restrictive than the typical dining plan.. They were flexible with us though at Cagneys and LosLobos...but we were in the Haven, so I'm not sure if that made a difference also... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, La-Z-Guy said:

We had the same "Garlic" experience once before also....(could have been on the Escape?LOL)..  But this trip to Teppanyaki was very good.  We did ONDA this last trip, since our next 2 ships wont have it... So, we wanted to make sure we got there.  I'd definitely include ONDA in your schedule if possible, It was much different than LaCuchina.  with the Platinum vouchers ALL of the locations we've used them they only allow 1 app, 1 entree, 1 desert.  So, it is a little more restrictive than the typical dining plan.. They were flexible with us though at Cagneys and LosLobos...but we were in the Haven, so I'm not sure if that made a difference also... 

Booked all at midnight last night. Onda, los Lobos, Cagneys, Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. Will use voucher for Los Lobos and Le Bistro.  Thank you for all the great info!

 

Mary

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:40 PM, CUontheC said:

Booked all at midnight last night. Onda, los Lobos, Cagneys, Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. Will use voucher for Los Lobos and Le Bistro.  Thank you for all the great info!

 

Mary

Is there a special way to book the platinum restaurants?  Once you select the 3 for you sdp, do you have to pay for any others?  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, destiny217 said:

Is there a special way to book the platinum restaurants?  Once you select the 3 for you sdp, do you have to pay for any others?  Thanks!

 Book any fixed price restaurants first (e.g., Teppanyaki). All others are a la cart, so there are no booking costs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, CUontheC said:

Thank you for the reminder.  I need to totally remember to go there on the embarkation day.  My husband is also platinum and we both are looking forward to the ship tour.  

 

I see you noted that it was La Cucina and Moderno.  Another cruiser posted that it would be Q and Los Lobos since the other two are not on the Encore.  I am excited to try Los Lobos for an entire meal.  Went to it on the Dawn but just had some appetizers and guacamole.   Did you try Onda?  If so did you like it?  If you were deciding on Onda vs Teppanyaki what would you pick?  

We ate at Onda. Given the choice between Onda and Teppanyaki, we would pick Teppanyaki. 
 

Onda was ok. Better than Cucina. We have another Encore Cruise booked and will probably eat at Onda again. But it is not the best food on the ship (in our opinion). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
We ate at Onda. Given the choice between Onda and Teppanyaki, we would pick Teppanyaki. 
 
Onda was ok. Better than Cucina. We have another Encore Cruise booked and will probably eat at Onda again. But it is not the best food on the ship (in our opinion). 



I would agree Onda was only ok, limited menu especially if you are not a fish eater, pizza good, pasta less so, foreign object in wife’s meal while acknowledged was very disappointing

David


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on my 5th January cruise...

Plenty of good things , entertainment is top notch, shows and bands and soloists.
Vibe crew great but it lacks the atmosphere of the smaller venues.
Cabins nicely appointed

Things they need to sort,

Lack of deck space for free
Hot tubs cool outside,
Mojito bar, very small and seriously one seat per table, who thought that was a good idea
Service in Cagney’s
Lack of toilets and signage to them
General fit and finish, snagging perhaps but on a new ship all toilets should flush, door handles should not fall off
Officer visibility , just not anywhere as often as on other ships on the line
Single use cups outside , just stop it, and definitely not those advertising a bar ashore somewhere or another
Public areas all feel a bit IKEA with cheap pine and plastic
Noise levels in Ondo and elsewhere too many shiny surfaces perhaps

Would not avoid the ship but will only sail it again if it happens to be on an itinerary I want to particularly do.

Happy to answer questions

David





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dopeyngrumpy said:

I would agree Onda was only ok, limited menu especially if you are not a fish eater, pizza good, pasta less so, foreign object in wife’s meal while acknowledged was very disappointing

David

 

 

And the fish wasn’t that good. The sides had too much salt. 

Edited by BirdTravels
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, destiny217 said:

Is there a special way to book the platinum restaurants?  Once you select the 3 for you sdp, do you have to pay for any others?  Thanks!

I just selected all mine at the same time.  I have the two platinum and then the 3 others for the dining.  Put all in at the same time.  Someone said you get two cards in  your room for the platinum dining.  I guess you bring it with you on the restaurant you chose.   With Cagneys or Le Bistro you get a bottle of wine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CUontheC said:

I just selected all mine at the same time.  I have the two platinum and then the 3 others for the dining.  Put all in at the same time.  Someone said you get two cards in  your room for the platinum dining.  I guess you bring it with you on the restaurant you chose.   With Cagneys or Le Bistro you get a bottle of wine. 

Thanks again and happy to hear about the wine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...