Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

thanks for advice, in germany it is not so easy, we have no free revise here, if i cancel i have to pay 20%. i need a travel agent in usa :)

Late August Meyer Werft should dock out the Aida Nova, then we see weekly pics of Encore growing, yeah.

Many travel agencies in US, you can Ask if they take a foreign credit cards, and change to US funds. We have a gal who lives in Germany that books US NCL trips all the time with a conversion. Also ask your credit card if you can pay in US funds. If you can, the rules for refunds should be the same as ours, full refund before 120 days of sailing.

Hope that helps

thanks for advice, in germany it is not so easy, we have no free revise here, if i cancel i have to pay 20%. i need a travel agent in usa :)

Late August Meyer Werft should dock out the Aida Nova, then we see weekly pics of Encore growing, yeah.

Where in Germany do you live? There is a gentleman who is in Berlin who is a travel agent and has an excellent working relationship with Norwegian.

I am most of the times a smart cruiser when I do an US booking. Otherwise I like my vacations to go.

When you take your vacations there, do you surrender any bidding opportunities? I thought taking your vacations, uh, that way... prevents participation.

I feel dirty. Facebook. MotleyFan.

Just off 2 weeks on Bliss. Starbucks doesn’t have breakfast sandwiches but does have pastries and such. You can use your app and gift cards and load through your OBC. You can earn stars but NOT redeem them. Things may change for Encore. Staff on Bliss faster than land-based franchises.

• 2 weeks later...
479 days to go!

The thread is alive again! I'm going to continue to bump it regularly to keep up my excitement level.

We are currently booked on the Thanksgiving cruise with our son, and we are also booked on the Transatlantic without our son. We will see how he behaves this next year to decide which we are going to do - with or without him.

Seriously, he is going on a European river cruise next summer with his touring choir. We were going to join him, but instead we figure we will probably let him have that trip alone, and we will do the Transatlantic alone without him, canceling Thanksgiving.

I hm.. disagree, although with Meyer's pace constantly going up each ship they build I think it's Spectrum of the Seas what we are looking at. She also has some atrium-like parts on decks 3,4 and 5.

Spectrum is going fast too but there's also a lot of Spectrum to be build and still some 3-4 months to cover before AIDA has left the hall and before any semi completed Encore blocks can be hoisted onto an Encore megablock, all the most forward blocks are Spectrum too (Solarium on top of the bridge).

I might be wrong!

Loved the Bliss....going a second time in January. Changes to Encore I would love to see....put restrooms next to Le Bistro; if there is a model of the ship onboard put it in the lobby area or in the Observation lounge. On Bliss it’s almost hidden away on the port side of the buffet entrance. Other than these two items, a second Bliss will be fantastic...Bliss was wonderful.

Just catching this post, that is one HUGE building they are building the ship in....

Indeed. :D

meyer.PNG

And it's situated some 40 miles land in, ships are moved to sea via a river. We regulars tend to easily forget how insane the Ems river conveyance is heheh...

Glad to see this thread alive and kicking again! We are booked on the Inaugural TA and cannot WAIT. I also observed that the room categories are much different than on the Escape and Bliss. They have a VERY loose definition of "MID-ship" now, apparently! Oh well, we booked while on board the Gem so at least we got our BA for a BC price through CruiseNext (no BBs on the Encore, apparently).

Edit: Looks like prices have gone up now too. We booked for $1549 pp for a BA. Now for that same room would be $1659. Glad we booked when we did!

Come on NCL please do a taster cruise from Germany to Southampton.

The short taster on Escape was our first cruise and got us hooked with NCL being our favourite.

Give us Europeans a chance to have a little look at Encore not just Travel personnel but the actual potential passengers.

Love any new activity here. It helps us all count down the days ;)

Don't forget to check your cruise price and call your agent or NCL PCC because the OBC offer will expire soon. When I first booked Encore, it was the first cruise ever with NCL that offered no OBC. Even my first cruise I got $40. My PCC was able to set up $300 OBC this week. Luckily my price did not change so it adds to the meaning of true OBC.

Love any new activity here. It helps us all count down the days ;)

Don't forget to check your cruise price and call your agent or NCL PCC because the OBC offer will expire soon. When I first booked Encore, it was the first cruise ever with NCL that offered no OBC. Even my first cruise I got $40. My PCC was able to set up $300 OBC this week. Luckily my price did not change so it adds to the meaning of true OBC.

Yeah, rebooking for the OBC wouldn't help us, since our cabin category has gone up almost $100 pp since we booked and the OBC would only be $100 today. Interesting to see the prices have gone up as much as they have already.