Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

1 minute ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Lol at all the complaining on this site.

So many of you complaining that there is not enough space to sunbathe.😂

I’m sorry but if your sole purpose to cruise is to sunbathe then cancel your cruise and go on an all inclusive beach hotel holiday where you will have miles if beaches to sunbathe 24/7!

I’m sure so many of you will come back with ‘your a first time cruiser you don’t know what your talking about’ but I don’t care.

Ive read many reviews of long time cruisers and sunbathing is last on their things to do on a cruise.

Many of them go cruising for amazing dining experiences, entertainment,to meet fellow guests, to go on several shore excursions to all the awesome destinations the cruise ship visits 

and they are great for kids.

Also who cares that you have to pay extra for the go karting, the laser tag and the Vibe beach club?

The Encore has cost NCL 900 million, they have to find others to make money from its passengers.

It is not just about sunbathing.  Imagine you were at an all inclusive hotel somewhere that had a pool where the capacity was around 50 people but 1000 people were sitting around it.  Cruises used to be mostly all inclusive.  They are trending toward making everything ala carte.  What is going to be left of what is included in the cost of the cruise except the cost of the gas and room?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

It is not just about sunbathing.  Imagine you were at an all inclusive hotel somewhere that had a pool where the capacity was around 50 people but 1000 people were sitting around it.  Cruises used to be mostly all inclusive.  They are trending toward making everything ala carte.  What is going to be left of what is included in the cost of the cruise except the cost of the gas and room?

Sounds like the airlines.  And the theme parks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Lol at all the complaining on this site.

So many of you complaining that there is not enough space to sunbathe.😂

I’m sorry but if your sole purpose to cruise is to sunbathe then cancel your cruise and go on an all inclusive beach hotel holiday where you will have miles if beaches to sunbathe 24/7!

I’m sure so many of you will come back with ‘your a first time cruiser you don’t know what your talking about’ but I don’t care.

Ive read many reviews of long time cruisers and sunbathing is last on their things to do on a cruise.

Many of them go cruising for amazing dining experiences, entertainment,to meet fellow guests, to go on several shore excursions to all the awesome destinations the cruise ship visits 

and they are great for kids.

Also who cares that you have to pay extra for the go karting, the laser tag and the Vibe beach club?

The Encore has cost NCL 900 million, they have to find others to make money from its passengers.

I'm a long time cruiser and my sole purpose to cruise is not to sunbathe but my crew does enjoy, especially on sea days, to lounge around up on a sun deck, listen to some music, have a few (or more) drinks, soak in a whirlpool and just enjoy the vibe of the ship as we sail the open waters. It is an important part of the cruise experience for many, including the long time cruisers, so I do disagree with your take.

The other activities you mentioned are also important and I'd say all of it adds up to why cruising is so wonderful and popular with so many. The choices of things to do while on a cruise ship is tremendous and makes for great vacations.

The complaining that's being done is real for some, including myself. With that being said, I booked the Encore for January and will not only deal with the lack of "free" deck space, but will thoroughly enjoy everything about my cruise, as we always do.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

The complaining that's being done is real for some, including myself. With that being said, I booked the Encore for January and will not only deal with the lack of "free" deck space, but will thoroughly enjoy everything about my cruise, as we always do.

Agreed. I am BUMMED about the loss of access to those top sun decks because I spent decent time there last January on the Escape. But I am super fair-skinned myself, so am realizing that I don't think I'm willing to pony up the cost of Vibe just to be able to be in the sun. What I really want is a nice place with ocean views to read my book...and since I booked a balcony cabin, I will have that. I enjoy the Waterfront too, but if that gets crowded I'll take myself to District where I can basically achieve the same thing (without the ocean breeze, which on some days is a good thing!).

For all of my disappointment with the pool and sun deck situation, I am going on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary meaning I will get my fair share of sun and the ocean in port. I am super excited about Onda, The Cavern Club, and sharing in my boyfriend's sister and her fiance's first cruise experience. We really liked the Escape so the Encore may not become my new favorite ship...but we'll have a great time nonetheless!

Edited by kayteecat
  • Like 2

I'm just bummed about the loss of SpiceH2O.  On my last NCL cruise on the Epic back in January, that was the hangout spot for us, day or night.  I'm sure we'll still have fun on the Encore, but that's kind of a shame.

3 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

If your that desperate for a sun lounger just do what the annoying Germans always do at hotels....and get up extra early and place your towels on the loungers to secure them.

Yeah.  Do that and see how that works out.  

For people on the Transatlantic Sailing that have ordered pins but not yet responded to the confirmation/invoice email you need to do that tonight. List of names of who I still need responses from is on the face site and on the Roll Call. If you do not respond to the email by 9pm PST tonight your order will be cancelled.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:44 AM, prbffd28 said:

I found something interesting while reviewing my Feb 9, 2020 reservation and looking through the activities list, Laser Tag is not anywhere to be found !! Maybe, just maybe, (please, please) they are reading these posts and Spice will make an "encore"!! (couldn't resist that). Could I have missed it in the list??

Anyone else check their reservation and find something different?

I see what you mean. I just looked at the app for my cruise. Under "Onboard Activities" go karts is listed but not laser tag. 🤷‍♀️ Who knows. I'm going to assume it just hasn't been completely updated.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, prbffd28 said:

I found something interesting while reviewing my Feb 9, 2020 reservation and looking through the activities list, Laser Tag is not anywhere to be found !! Maybe, just maybe, (please, please) they are reading these posts and Spice will make an "encore"!! (couldn't resist that). Could I have missed it in the list??

Anyone else check their reservation and find something different?

I'm booked for 12/1/19 and after I read your post I went and checked my rez, it doesn't list laser tag. I'm with you 100% with wishful thinking!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 12:49 AM, Victorious8 said:

Dang that closed? I actually loved that place when I went when I was in junior high. They had this awesome thing where you would build your roller coaster and then you could ride it in a simulator. I had a freaking blast at Disney Quest. Now I am actually excited to see what they put in Encore - still wish they ditched the laser tag though. Laser tag is basically either 30 min or cardio or 30 min of hiding if you want to be any good - not my idea of a great time. I've never tried it drunk though so who knows! 

They still have the build your own roller coaster at Epcot, agreed it’s a lot of fun.  It’s in a sort of hidden corner of a technology attraction called Innoventions.  In recent years more and more people have found it, so the lines have gotten just as long as the pavilions. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sum_of_All_Thrills

I’ve never played laser tag, but maybe with 8 sea days on the transatlantic we’ll run out of other things to do and we’ll find out that we like it.  🙂  

Edited by Rulers Mom
  • Like 1

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble regarding the laser tag but I suggest you all go back and watch the float out.

At the back on the ship where the Norwegian Encore sign is lit up blue, above it you can clearly see 2 huge white pavilions with huge round circles on top which is clearly for the laser tag.

Its on the YouTube video float out at the 43 second mark.

If it had been changed to a sun deck those 2 white pavilions would kinda look embarrassing.😂

4 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble regarding the laser tag but I suggest you all go back and watch the float out.

At the back on the ship where the Norwegian Encore sign is lit up blue, above it you can clearly see 2 huge white pavilions with huge round circles on top which is clearly for the laser tag.

Its on the YouTube video float out at the 43 second mark.

If it had been changed to a sun deck those 2 white pavilions would kinda look embarrassing.😂

those are on every cruise ship. 🙄

FAF892F7-CAD6-4DEE-BF0B-4E21BF9E94DC.jpeg