Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

Recommended Posts

On 8/19/2019 at 12:49 AM, Victorious8 said:

Dang that closed? I actually loved that place when I went when I was in junior high. They had this awesome thing where you would build your roller coaster and then you could ride it in a simulator. I had a freaking blast at Disney Quest. Now I am actually excited to see what they put in Encore - still wish they ditched the laser tag though. Laser tag is basically either 30 min or cardio or 30 min of hiding if you want to be any good - not my idea of a great time. I've never tried it drunk though so who knows! 

 

 

They still have the build your own roller coaster at Epcot, agreed it’s a lot of fun.  It’s in a sort of hidden corner of a technology attraction called Innoventions.  In recent years more and more people have found it, so the lines have gotten just as long as the pavilions. 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sum_of_All_Thrills

 

I’ve never played laser tag, but maybe with 8 sea days on the transatlantic we’ll run out of other things to do and we’ll find out that we like it.  🙂  

Edited by Rulers Mom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble regarding the laser tag but I suggest you all go back and watch the float out.

At the back on the ship where the Norwegian Encore sign is lit up blue, above it you can clearly see 2 huge white pavilions with huge round circles on top which is clearly for the laser tag.

Its on the YouTube video float out at the 43 second mark.

If it had been changed to a sun deck those 2 white pavilions would kinda look embarrassing.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble regarding the laser tag but I suggest you all go back and watch the float out.

At the back on the ship where the Norwegian Encore sign is lit up blue, above it you can clearly see 2 huge white pavilions with huge round circles on top which is clearly for the laser tag.

Its on the YouTube video float out at the 43 second mark.

If it had been changed to a sun deck those 2 white pavilions would kinda look embarrassing.😂

 

those are on every cruise ship. 🙄

 

FAF892F7-CAD6-4DEE-BF0B-4E21BF9E94DC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, coriemarie said:

 

those are on every cruise ship. 🙄

 

FAF892F7-CAD6-4DEE-BF0B-4E21BF9E94DC.jpeg

 

They definitely are, believe it's satellite or similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 No it is only that they can install laser tag later. First timer cruiser knows everything , and everything better. Damn, don’t want comment to trolls   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

 No it is only that they can install laser tag later. First timer cruiser knows everything , and everything better. Damn, don’t want comment to trolls   

☝️💥😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be a laser tag at the end of the Encore so you better get used to it.

The laser tag with augmented reality will make NCL money, putting sun loungers there will not.

The laser tag is still on NCL website under Encore activities.😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

There will be a laser tag at the end of the Encore so you better get used to it.

The laser tag with augmented reality will make NCL money, putting sun loungers there will not.

The laser tag is still on NCL website under Encore activities.😂

 

 

 

Hope this works 🤞

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 3.29.25 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll spray when I’m telling the truth?😂😂😂

Its hilarious how so many of you cannot handle that Encore will have a laser tag and not more sun loungers.😂

If the go kart track and laser tag were not popular then they would have not put them on the Encore.

They are extremely popular on the Bliss and Joy and why NCL decided to add them to the Encore.

Like seriously you all knew from the Bliss and Joy there was laser tag and months and months ago from the deck plans that they would also be on the Encore.
You still booked and now complain about deck space?😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a friendly reminder - please be careful not to post photos that include uncensored employee faces (or other identifying features) or links directly to their social media accounts.  While this is all fun for us, we don’t want to risk anyone’s employment.

 

The Meyer Werft warning...

 

8D657E46-27E0-4517-8A46-C0EABC356578.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Just a friendly reminder - please be careful not to post photos that include uncensored employee faces (or other identifying features) or links directly to their social media accounts.  While this is all fun for us, we don’t want to risk anyone’s employment.

 

Noted and thanks for mentioning it. Given it was in the public domain, it didn't occur to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. 

 

Ok. Newer cruiser and was / is planning to book this ship. Never been on NCL. 

 

Im a little taken back about all the extra charges on board!

 

do we know approximate costs for the go karts, laser tag etc?  Are the shows extra cost as well?

 

so what exactly is included on NCL?

 

Thanks!  Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I’ve been working back from the last page but gave up searching...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Torinate said:

Hi there. 

 

Ok. Newer cruiser and was / is planning to book this ship. Never been on NCL. 

 

Im a little taken back about all the extra charges on board!

 

do we know approximate costs for the go karts, laser tag etc?  Are the shows extra cost as well?

 

so what exactly is included on NCL?

 

Thanks!  Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I’ve been working back from the last page but gave up searching...

I will try to answer to the best of my ability but some things I don't know.

What is included is your cabin (of course), dining in the main dining rooms, dining in the buffet, dining in the

pub (names differ but I think on this ship it is called the Local), non specialty coffee, tea, water (not from bottles), soft serve ice cream in the buffet,iced tea, lemonade and milk. Juice is included at breakfast.Other things included are use of the pool on the main pool deck (not Vibe Beach club),some shows (on this ship Choir of Man, Cavern Club), I believe use of the gym (someone please correct me if I am wrong),

and a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head. What is not included is dining in the specialty restaurants,

laser tag, go karts, shore excursions, professional photos, internet usage, bottled water, specialty coffees, liquor, use of medical facilities except in a few circumstances. I don't believe prices have been posted yet for laser tag or go karts.

It is possible to have a zero balance at the end (if you pay your DSC ahead of time). We have done it on a couple of occasions and still had an awesome time without all the other frills.

Edited by Peachypooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

Other things included are use of the pool on the main pool deck (not Vibe Beach club),some shows (on this ship Choir of Man, Cavern Club)...

 

And the headlining show Kinky Boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitness classes like pilates, yoga, spinning are extra as well as the use of the spa area (and of course all treatments).

 

steamboats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonky-c is gone but not forgotten!  Odd that the new letters reflect differently, too.

 

18E1FE72-C07C-4942-A721-BD33E655F984.jpeg

 

(Photo by Jeroen van Roijen)

Edited by TheDougOut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice morning shots by Jeroen van Roijen....

 

 

77BACC11-5A49-4D0C-BD5D-8DE39C418A73.jpeg

 

2A8FE7D9-BF15-41E3-B14B-1E12FE5C2E79.jpeg

 

CD8431AC-0D3F-4A30-AB27-41EDD17399E1.jpeg

 

8AA1E763-68AD-4EA1-9D5A-E2F6BF1A2240.jpeg

 

22E82895-25D0-417B-AAD7-E0A3312273EF.jpeg

 

9CB9687A-3554-41CF-856D-8E2D316486E9.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would certainly say that the pool area looks like it will be 'spice' at night, judging on those lights and speakers in the 4th photo. (assuming that is the pool area)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

9CB9687A-3554-41CF-856D-8E2D316486E9.jpeg

 

I really really wish they do something to make the tender platforms handicap accessible. Lucky in the private islands like Great Stirrup Cay they do not use this..but it would be better if they can redesign the platforms like trying to add a ramp or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 1:30 PM, Steff79 said:

don´t feed trolls

 

Oh for goodness sake stop worrying about trolls will ya. All is welcomed here.

 

I too will miss H2O so I switched my 2021 Encore in Caribbean to Bliss in Alaska. Did the first P Canal in 2018 and I will be happier.

Wish all ships had the H2O that Escape has. The BEST ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

 

Oh for goodness sake stop worrying about trolls will ya. All is welcomed here.

 

I too will miss H2O so I switched my 2021 Encore in Caribbean to Bliss in Alaska. Did the first P Canal in 2018 and I will be happier.

Wish all ships had the H2O that Escape has. The BEST ship.

 

I actually think Epic's H20 is best with the pool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

 

I actually think Epic's H20 is best with the pool!

  Aw yes I remember as I went on that ship in 2011 the year it was competing with RCI Allure.

But of the newer ships I do like Escape and with the Thermal Spa in the front too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

 

Oh for goodness sake stop worrying about trolls will ya. All is welcomed here.

 

I too will miss H2O so I switched my 2021 Encore in Caribbean to Bliss in Alaska. Did the first P Canal in 2018 and I will be happier.

Wish all ships had the H2O that Escape has. The BEST ship.

Escape is NCL's last good ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...