Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Interesting reveal in this photo from from N. Schmitz-Overlander Photography - the Waterfront light strip is GREEN! 

 

Haven’t all prior ships been that deep purple? 

 

I wonder if the other side will be red.  Might be best to stay away from navigational colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Interesting reveal in this photo from from N. Schmitz-Overlander Photography - the Waterfront light strip is GREEN! 

 

Haven’t all prior ships been that deep purple? 

This is on Bliss.

Bliss waterfront.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

 

Can each ship change colors, or is it fixed? 

I don't know but I've seen several other pics of Bliss and they are all this same color. When we went it was too cold to be out there after dark. I ran out there long enough to snap this pic, lol, which was disappointing because I love it out there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 10:06 PM, Victorious8 said:

Working on having a list to make sure I hit up every bar! What did I miss? Any feedback for me? 

92B839C8-D51C-497F-BD50-8583DC2BE098.jpeg

I’m loving this! We did this on The Bliss last year and had a ball! Good luck and bottoms up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smoking Policy

 

Bliss, Joy and Encore have a designated smoking room within the Casino. On Encore, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipe smoking and vapor smoking devices are permitted Deck 8 portside. Cigar Smoking only is allowed in the Cigar Lounge.

 

So Deck 8 portside - I'm guessing this will be around the Sugarcane on the Waterfront bar area?  Anything else and it'll conflict with Onda / Cagney's on the Waterfront. 

 

Just when I thought NCL was making progress with the smoking situation... they plop the smoking area in the middle of the Waterfront.  I guess the Spice elimination continues to cause unfavorable consequences.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this is important for a non smoker who book a balcony room above that area. People will smoke there the hole day and you smell it.

 

say it loud and clear, we want the H2O back. 

Edited by Steff79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Smoking Policy

 

Bliss, Joy and Encore have a designated smoking room within the Casino. On Encore, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipe smoking and vapor smoking devices are permitted Deck 8 portside. Cigar Smoking only is allowed in the Cigar Lounge.

 

So Deck 8 portside - I'm guessing this will be around the Sugarcane on the Waterfront bar area?  Anything else and it'll conflict with Onda / Cagney's on the Waterfront. 

 

Just when I thought NCL was making progress with the smoking situation... they plop the smoking area in the middle of the Waterfront.  I guess the Spice elimination continues to cause unfavorable consequences.  

 

I hope so - I would love to have it right by the bar.

 

But I have heard the smoking area is indoors on deck 8.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, coriemarie said:

But I have heard the smoking area is indoors on deck 8.

 

I assume you’re referring to the cigar bar, which is cigars only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Maybe this is important for a non smoker who book a balcony room above that area. People will smoke there the hole day and you smell it.

 

say it loud and clear, we want the H2O back. 

 

Quite correct ... the elimination of Spice also eliminated the outdoor smoking section in Spice.  NCL needed to have one outside area for smoking and deck 8 was the only option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

 

I assume you’re referring to the cigar bar, which is cigars only.

 

No, I am not. This is info I was given by NCL:

 


"Hi Corie, thanks for reaching out to us. There are two smoking areas onboard Norwegian Encore. 1 Cigar Lounge: Cigar Smoking, no cigarettes or Vaping allowed. 2. Smoking Room: Deck 8 portside, no restrictions"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

...deck 8 was the only option.

 

I was wondering about some of that wasted space under the speedway.  There seemed to be a lot of green deckspace serving no purpose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coriemarie said:

 

No, I am not. This is info I was given by NCL:

 


"Hi Corie, thanks for reaching out to us. There are two smoking areas onboard Norwegian Encore. 1 Cigar Lounge: Cigar Smoking, no cigarettes or Vaping allowed. 2. Smoking Room: Deck 8 portside, no restrictions"

 

I suspect your NCL person added “Smoking room:“ accidentally, or misinterpreted the policy.  It is not in the policy I was sent, and what I provided is a copy and paste from that.  

Edited by TheDougOut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

 

I suspect your NCL person added “Smoking room:“ accidentally, or misinterpreted the policy.  It is not in the policy I was sent, and what I provided is a copy and paste from that.  

 

That would be great, inside smoking room does not make sense for how many smokers may be on the ship.

 

Just waiting for first sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be just an open area with defined borders maybe glass or something that for maintenance or use reason NCL refers to it as a room.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pirate at 50 said:

Could be just an open area with defined borders maybe glass or something that for maintenance or use reason NCL refers to it as a room.  

 

“Room” is not in the currently-official policy other than “designated smoking room within the casino”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve seen a 2nd mention on FB of Kelly Clarkson being named the Godmother of Encore, but still no official press release.  Can anyone dig up any clues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Enjoy her music, but she is getting a little over-exposed with the show.

 

I suppose from a marketing standpoint, “overexposed” is what they want. 

 

I think it’s a good, albeit safe, pick.  Certainly better than a radio DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

 

I suppose from a marketing standpoint, “overexposed” is what they want. 

 

I think it’s a good, albeit safe, pick.  Certainly better than a radio DJ.

 

She ain't gonna top the "O", tho   https://www.cntraveler.com/story/oprah-will-be-the-godmother-of-a-cruise-ship

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don‘t know how Rating has the show. But she has 14 million followers at Facebook for example. And know 14 Million Are Reading about the new ncl ship and later at the christening again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...