Cruise Critic Community
GalFitness19

Indian Food/Liberty of the Seas

I'll be cruising on Liberty of the Seas in March - my first Royal Caribbean cruise ever. I've been on several Carnival cruises and am ready for something different. My friends keep telling me how noticeable the differences are. I am reserving judgment and am keeping my mind open at this point.

I will say that my last Carnival cruise on the Breeze had a little nook called the "Tandoor" which served Indian foods, and it was nothing short of spectacular. I live in a city with a fairly large Indian population with plenty of Indian restaurants, but none of them have the unique selections I got at Tandoor.

Does Royal offer anything similar? Or can you find Indian food at the Windjammer or maybe even in the dining room at dinnertime?

You will likely find some Indian food in Windjammer at lunch and dinner.

Also, while not on the menu, the MDR normally has a few Indian entrees available every night. Speak to your waiter or headwaiter.

If I recall RCL gets many of their cooks from India and or has a school there. But yes I enjoy many of their dishes on the cruise. In the Windjammer there is usually one Island that is just Indian.

They have a section of the Windjammer that has a rotating international cuisine-type menu. I didn't specifically have any of the Indian offerings but the things I did try were really good.