bermuda question

prestige809

so im sailing may 24 on the horizon, i want to go to the beach but I dont see in any of the excursions about just chillin in the beach lol , is there one near by that you can go chill or something? I'm pretty sure someone here visited the Bermudas :D

so im sailing may 24 on the horizon, i want to go to the beach but I dont see in any of the excursions about just chillin in the beach lol , is there one near by that you can go chill or something? I'm pretty sure someone here visited the Bermudas :D
We used the transportation on the island to get to Horseshoe Bay. We walked into town past the city hall or large government building and there was an adjacent bus stop area

Once on board, I was a little anxious as we made stops heading out of town and into a more rural area. We left the bus on a road with a sign and not much else to see until you crossed the road and followed the somewhat rugged path through a wooded area and down to a lovely, rustic beach. This was Nov 2015 and there was a small snack shop with very expensive food and drink. We did see the sea glass on the beach. You are not allowed to take it with you, but you can purchase the sea glass in the stores near the port for a nominal cost. This is a bring your own towel kind of beach with no other facilities. We enjoyed are brief time in the beach and then returned to town by bus. I wanted to have plenty of time to get a cab should something go awry with the public transportation or our sense of direction, so we left after about 75 minutes. It was a fun adventure. f1f05f4ffbc118b8416ef3f202f8ed92.jpg6795a7dc1dd65ca97011cbfd1ca449c5.jpg0905721a03a43f05a0a81e0586f8bf04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think it’s called horseshoe bay beach. It was very nice when we were there. Need a taxi though. You can rent umbrellas and chairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taxis are an option to Horseshoe Bay but there are also Minibus shuttles that cost $7 each way and public buses. I recommend the Minibus or taxis.

If you are docked at the Dockyard, when you get off the pier, there will be people asking where you are going. If you say Horseshoe Bay, they will point you at the proper line of minibuses. $7 cash.

They take you right to the beach.

Small shop, rental of loungers and umbrella.

Relax, chill.

When you leave, there will be a line of minibuses waiting to take you back to the Dockyard.