I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

1. Small first aid kit from the Dollar Tree. It has a few bandaids and some antibiotic cream. Also the small meds they sell like motion sickness and Tylenol. They are small and I just take them out of the box and put them in a ziploc.

2. A small soft sided cooler. This comes in handy if there's no refrigerator in the room and also for port beach days. I just fill it with a few of my canned adult beverages from the Cheers package that they left unopened for me and head to the beach.

3. Don't forget that bottle of wine you're allowed to bring. And the room steward can usually find you a corkscrew if you don't opt for something like Flip Flop wine that is a screw top.

Bar of soap as I hate the liquid soap they provide in the showers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Liquid hand soap as I dislike the provided bar soap for hand washing;)

Another tip I recently saw on another thread is saline spray to combat the dryness in the cabin/sinus issues. If you forget or can't bring, I've heard hanging a damp towel can help too.

Assurance wipes for wiping sweat, sunscreen, and insect repellent off during port days. They dony make you sticky and they’re big enough to get the job done. (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assurance-Premium-Disposable-Washcloths-96-Ct/42435905). Also bringing my tap light since we’ll be in an interior cabin. It’s lightweight and portable to take to the bathroom during the night. And a fleece throw for chilly, windy days on the lido deck.

I love scrabble, my family hates it. I would absolutely play if I ran into someone with one set up and waiting.

This won't strike most people as a "must pack", but it is for us. Board games. I always travel with my own Scrabble game and Scrabble dictionary (best way to avoid awkward disagreements about whether a word is "good). I'll set up the board in a public area and wait. Almost always, someone will come along and play a game or two with me. My husband, who packs light, used to fuss at me about the size of my Scrabble game, but now he brings his Settlers of Catan game. We never fail to make new friends. On our last cruise, he practically had a waiting list of people who wanted to play Settlers.

Yes....very similar to the ones we use. I hate being a human burrito.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Instead of paying much for travel fabreeze, i get trial size body spray in travel section for the bathroom. I stopped bringing hangers because steward will bring extra....hate the kind they have in the closet.

We used to do the 3M hooks with tape, then have to remember to disassemble....this time we brought the metal magnet hooks, they didn’t hold as much, but brought several so we could hang things to dry or for easy access

We bring something to put on our room door to find it easier!

Beach bag that doubles as a back pack from amazon . Way easier than needing to carry a bag!

My major tip is my fear of loosing my favorite special swim tops, dresses, things I cannot replace....so on the way there and back, things that are near and dear to me....okay 75% of outfits and shoes that currently fit and love, stay with me in my carry on and my backpack. Things that are apparel that if the airline or ship lose, goes in the check on bag!

Must always bring my ballerina flats from amazon, feet get tired dancing all night or if ankles swell....always :eek:

All possible OTC minatures, and my compression stockings because my feet don’t like traveling when ankles disappear ! Hard to take a lot of water pills when having to travel from Midwest.

Ipad for downloading comedy, because in airport delays or not well and stuck in cabin I can be entertained, Ship TV is now useless and we dont want wifi, want to disconnect. Ipad also has a bed time fan app. Hubby snores and white noise helps!

Ooops almost forgot my newest craze, not water proof mascara, BUT water resistant mascara! There is a big difference! Especially with beaches, snorkeling, pools and hot tubs abound.

Lastly for now, I get really bad neck issues, so I pack full size or my mini memory foam pillow depending on how long we are gone it really squishes down and lightweight ....with satin pillow case so hair doesn’t go haywire. :cool:

Instead of paying much for travel fabreeze, i get trial size body spray in travel section for the bathroom. I stopped bringing hangers because steward will bring extra....hate the kind they have in the closet.

We used to do the 3M hooks with tape, then have to remember to disassemble....this time we brought the metal magnet hooks, they didn’t hold as much, but brought several so we could hang things to dry or for easy access

We bring something to put on our room door to find it easier!

Beach bag that doubles as a back pack from amazon . Way easier than needing to carry a bag!

My major tip is my fear of loosing my favorite special swim tops, dresses, things I cannot replace....so on the way there and back, things that are near and dear to me....okay 75% of outfits and shoes that currently fit and love, stay with me in my carry on and my backpack. Things that are apparel that if the airline or ship lose, goes in the check on bag!

Must always bring my ballerina flats from amazon, feet get tired dancing all night or if ankles swell....always :eek:

All possible OTC minatures, and my compression stockings because my feet don’t like traveling when ankles disappear ! Hard to take a lot of water pills when having to travel from Midwest.

Ipad for downloading comedy, because in airport delays or not well and stuck in cabin I can be entertained, Ship TV is now useless and we dont want wifi, want to disconnect. Ipad also has a bed time fan app. Hubby snores and white noise helps!

Ooops almost forgot my newest craze, not water proof mascara, BUT water resistant mascara! There is a big difference! Especially with beaches, snorkeling, pools and hot tubs abound.

Lastly for now, I get really bad neck issues, so I pack full size or my mini memory foam pillow depending on how long we are gone it really squishes down and lightweight ....with satin pillow case so hair doesn’t go haywire. :cool:

Great ideas. Can you please provide a link for the Amazon items you purchased?

I travel VERY light - never check a bag. (I did 22 days in Europe including a Med cruise w only carry on). But I make sure to always pack my contact saline solution, condoms, and lip gloss. These are always hard to find and expensive to purchase at sea or ports and you don't want to be without them :-) Anything else, I just relax and adapt to the situation.

enjoy

Small dry erase board from the Dollar store. They come with magnetic strips on the back to hang on the metal wall (usually the wall where the hooks are outside your bathroom). When I first meet the cabin steward, I let them know if I need ice or anything else I will leave a message on the board. I some times leave them personal messages and have had stewards leave me messages too! Use for messages to cabin mates too! Dollar Tree also used to carry static cling pieces that you could use a dry erase marker on that I put on the mirror in the room.

The static cling decorations at Dollar Tree are also fun to put on your balcony door and your cabin door to identify it . In the past I have had lizards, palm trees, peace signs etc.

A LED nightlight to plug in in the bathroom outlet.

Many ships have the power cut to the head outlet if the lights are turned off. However, in my "cruise junk bag" I keep one of those small plug-in night lights just in case the outlet does work, but also a motion activated, battery powered one also just in case. The former is preferred as its light is much less intense than the motion detector; I don't need much light for those 2AM visits.......:cool:

I recall the Carnival Dream does not have power to that head outlet when the light is turned off. If I'm incorrect, please someone correct my error.

Doug