I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

My one necessity is my bright teal microfiber hair towel - especially when cruising with a few other women! The bright color (instead of standard white) keeps it from accidentally getting tossed in with the ship's towels, and with the usual '3 towels per cabin,' I don't have to worry about taking up two towels when I shower/wash my hair. Also, it's pretty small, and doesn't take up much room at all in my suitcase. :)

thank you for that idea, on our last cruise the shower curtain had a mind of it's own, and flooded the floor every time we showered.

Are the bathroom walls magnetic as well? I've always wondered what to do about those darn shower curtains.

USB fan that I plug into my external battery pack. During the day I charge my battery pack(same pack people use to charge their phones). Then at night, since there is no plug next to my bed. I plug my small USB fan into my battery pack and it gives me a little fan all night.

Are the bathroom walls magnetic as well? I've always wondered what to do about those darn shower curtains.

We had a really good curtain in our last cabin - it didn't try to swallow us once;)

Something that I have heard to do though is binder clips or clothes pins to help weigh the curtain down and keep it hanging straight.

Why would one bring toilet paper on a cruise? I've never been so I'm very curious.

I keep TP in my car at all times, and throw some in our suitcase as well. Call me paranoid, but I've been caught without it too many times in an 'emergency'. ;)

Why would one bring toilet paper on a cruise? I've never been so I'm very curious.

Some people do excursions where there's not a lot of bathroom facilities available so it pays to take some just in case you "have to go" wherever. LOL

I always have paper towels and tissues in my car.....just in case of an emergency of any nature!

We had a really good curtain in our last cabin - it didn't try to swallow us once;)

Something that I have heard to do though is binder clips or clothes pins to help weigh the curtain down and keep it hanging straight.

I use plastic magnetic clips. First time I tried them, I just thought to weigh the curtain down, but the clips stuck to the wall! Sweet!

I use 2 on the bottom for the weight and one on either side to attach the curtain to the wall. Works like a champ!

I got them at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but Amazon has them also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not so much for the cruise, but for ports/excursions. I don't usually think to in the US, but probably should. Since I don't know what to expect in ports it's good to be prepared. Just the logistics of that many people coming through could make it difficult for staff to keep restrooms filled, just like end of day at a large event at home.

Cuba and St. Maarten are two ports that are very low on TP (bring tissues in your purse! AND wet wipes & GEL for your hands). Also, they have you toss your TP/tissues into wastebasket .... NO FLUSHING paper! FYI

I think much of Mexico and also Guatemala also have the rule of no flushing paper.

Wow you Americans and your over use of toilet paper!! Lol oh wait I’m one of those. Also I would remind hubby often how you packed tp and saved his hiney when he complains again about anything and every time I would remind him lol:D

I still remember when I was still in the US Navy, flying out of the military base out of RAF Mildenhall in 1972. First time I was "exposed" to hunks of wood in toilet paper!:o

• 3 months later...
Not

I think much of Mexico and also Guatemala also have the rule of no flushing paper.

The plumbing system is so antiquated that the pipes cannot handle the toilet paper. It will clogged the entire system and most just run into lakes, rivers or drainage ditches so the paper would make a bigger mess too

I pack one of those cardboard 4-cup holders from Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. It's great when I'm making a quick snack and drink run for the family.

Excellent, I usually get up early for breakfast #1. I try to bring coffee back for my cabin mates to get their butt in gear. I usually spill alot. Thanks for the great idea.

A LED nightlight to plug in in the bathroom outlet.

ELECTRIC OUTLETS in staterooms

There is one electric outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity.

The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style).

The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

On the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom.

I haven’t read every post in this thread, but I always bring my wife with me when I cruise.

Food for thought. So as not to wake my wife when I use the bathroom at night by turning on the bright light from outside the bathroom...We take along one of the $5 lights that you get for back up and I glue a strong magnet on the back and stick it just inside the bathroom door, Plenty of light.

Food for thought. So as not to wake my wife when I use the bathroom at night by turning on the bright light from outside the bathroom...We take along one of the $5 lights that you get for back up and I glue a strong magnet on the back and stick it just inside the bathroom door, Plenty of light.

Victory added night lights under the closets when she was in dry dock earlier this year. They come on automatically when someone walks by them, which is perfect for using the bathroom at night. I haven't noticed that, or maybe just didn't pay attention to it, on any other Carnival ship.

Victory added night lights under the closets when she was in dry dock earlier this year. They come on automatically when someone walks by them, which is perfect for using the bathroom at night. I haven't noticed that, or maybe just didn't pay attention to it, on any other Carnival ship.

The Fascination has those now. We sailed on her 9/16-9/23, 2018.

Motion activated battery powered nightlight for the bathroom. I don't want the bright light when I get up in the middle of the night. After completely missing the toilet & landing on my tailbone on the shower ledge, I will always take my nightlight.

OUCHIE!

I plead guilty to a snort of laughter at the mental image of your landing. NAUGHTY ME!

Edited by crochetcruise
unneccesary addition posted by accident.