I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

Bina - You might be interested in this floating comfort chair (probably requires less space in your luggage, no need to carry a pump):

https://www.amazon.com/Swimways-Spring-Float-Papasan-Colors/dp/B0037Z6XPQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1540231220&sr=8-5&keywords=spring+beach+float

I get a few strange looks carrying it to the beach - but then I thoroughly enjoy my floating in the sea and once they see it in use, people are interested in where I got it (Target end-of-Summer clearance aisle)!

On 10/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, dmdiver said:

It's okay. We have laughed many times now that it's over. That same cruise, our neighbor managed to hurt his tailbone on the slide the 2nd day in. I think he kind of swung down onto it instead of sitting first. At least my mishap was a bit later in the cruise.

We've also had quite a chuckle over video of me slamming back on my head at the end of the big orange slide that ends in a bowl. It was quite unpleasant, but I still laugh. Must be a bit brain damaged from it.

At least you didn't almost break your foot in the shower, like I did one time. I was bent over, shaving my legs, stood up and somehow managed to bump the container with the shampoo attached to the side wall of the shower off with my shoulder. The dadgummed thing landed on my foot and I thought for sure it was broken.

Nope. Just a really BAD bruise.

Also, HOWDY NEIGHBOR!!! 😄 I grew up in the Midcities area, not too far from Mansfield. 

Ouch, String!  That's no fun when you've got to walk around a big ship & ports.  

And howdy, neighbor to you, too!  I lived in Richardson in the 60's, Grand Prairie (go Gophers!) from 1969 until 1995 when hubby, kids & I moved to Mansfield.  Kids are all grown, but live here as well, so it's nice having them close.  But man, the DFW area sure has changed from when I was young.  Even Six Flags is not the magical place it once was - worked there a couple of seasons - 76-77.

Laugh if you want, but this motion-sensing toilet light works great for us! When you step into the bathroom, the inside of the toilet glows so you can see your "target":

https://www.amazon.com/Vintar-16-Color-Motion-5-Stage-Detection/dp/B01IT0K2OQ/ref=sr_1_4_acs_ac_1?s=lamps-light&ie=UTF8&qid=1540336572&sr=1-4-acs&keywords=toilet+light

Mike

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, andismom said:

Dollar store ponchos in case of rain before, after or at a port on your cruise! We keep them them in an outside luggage pocket. Use if you have to and toss.

My favorite hack. I bring these everywhere - vacations, concerts, etc. DH used to tease me about always bringing my ponchos, but the one time they saved us from getting soaked, he changed his tune

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, MommyAJ6 said:

Why would one bring toilet paper on a cruise? I've never been so I'm very curious.

The ship-provided toilet paper is not as soft and thick as some are used to, so they bring their own. This is not a good idea, however, because that ship paper is the way it is for a reason - it does not clog the toilet. Most other toilet papers do.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, CRUISERMOMX3 said:

1. Small first aid kit from the Dollar Tree. It has a few bandaids and some antibiotic cream. Also the small meds they sell like motion sickness and Tylenol. They are small and I just take them out of the box and put them in a ziploc.

2. A small soft sided cooler. This comes in handy if there's no refrigerator in the room and also for port beach days. I just fill it with a few of my canned adult beverages from the Cheers package that they left unopened for me and head to the beach.

3. Don't forget that bottle of wine you're allowed to bring. And the room steward can usually find you a corkscrew if you don't opt for something like Flip Flop wine that is a screw top.

Ditto the meds and band-aids. We always try to bring a corkscrew - For a dollar ow two you can buy  the kind that becomes a small plastic cylinder when not in use. Last cruise we forgot it and we called and asked for one and instead a room service person came and opened the wine and then stood there waiting for a tip.

8 hours ago, simplelife said:

The ship-provided toilet paper is not as soft and thick as some are used to, so they bring their own. This is not a good idea, however, because that ship paper is the way it is for a reason - it does not clog the toilet. Most other toilet papers do.

I think ChEngKP debunked this a while back, stating that toilet paper is ok.  The flushable wipes (or anything else not tp) is what would cause clogs.

I'm bringing a hoodie (or light jacket/ scarf) for my whole family, even though we are cruising in august.  on my last 2 cruises, the common areas were soooo cooooold, I couldn't keep myself warm...and I am literally hot all the time.  if you are a person who chills easily, might wanna bring a light jacket.