I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

Tucks Medicated Pads. Besides intended use, which will come in handy considering how we gorged ourselves last time, they are cooling and refreshing on feet and face, also good for bug bites, we're doing a couple of excursions. 2nd time cruising.

Passport is optional in that case but:

Technicallyyou can get on, but MUST have an original birth certificate with state raisedseal and government issued photo ID. You have to be VERY careful withbirth certificates and that it' the correct one, both parents are listed byname and it is a birth certificate and not a registration of birth. Manyhave the incorrect one and won't get on. NEXT... if for any reason youneed to fly home from a port (emergency, injury, death, miss ship), youcannot do so without a passport.

Technicallyyou can get on, but MUST have an original birth certificate with state raisedseal and government issued photo ID. You have to be VERY careful withbirth certificates and that it' the correct one, both parents are listed byname and it is a birth certificate and not a registration of birth. Manyhave the incorrect one and won't get on. NEXT... if for any reason youneed to fly home from a port (emergency, injury, death, miss ship), youcannot do so without a passport.

Keep in mind that you do not have to have the original birth certificate. A copy of the birth certificate is perfectly acceptable. The thing they stress is it has to be a birth certificate. Apparently some people think the little souvenir paper you get from the hospital is a birth certificate when it isn't.

I'm taking a small plastic dishpan for hand washing a few items. It doesn't take up much space in the suitcase since it will be filled with other items (like a packing cube but no lid) and this way I can soak things w/o blocking the entire sink.

We also have a drying rack that fits in the bottom of the suitcase and holds a lot more than the small line in the shower.

Depending upon the country, most do not allow meat/dairy products to be brought ashore. It is generally any plant or animal products that re banned. Whether you CAN get away with it is different that what you are legally allowed to bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this. I'm traveling with a 4 yr old and I always have his snacks in my bag when we are out for the day.

I clip them on the bottom of the shower curtain to weigh it down. It’s simple and works so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise our room steward took them off an placed them on the bathroom counter each day. It was kind of annoying to have to reattach them every day, so I just stopped.

Still bring a bunch of plastic clothespins though. They're good for holding curtains closed, clipping suits to chairs on the balcony, towels to chairs so they don't blow away, and I guess for the showe curtain. I also use a small mesh bag and clip is to the shower shelf to hold body wash and conditioner. Clips are are a must for us!

Not all official state issued BC's have a raised seal - mine doesn't.

Most of you might think we're crazy but when we drive to a port for a cruise, we bring a memory foam mattress topper. We use a space bag and get it smaller to carry on and off. We like to be comfy.

Never have brought this before, but this next cruise, I'm bringing one of the portable dvd players. This will be our 36th cruise and there times we just want to relax in our cabin and have always enjoyed watching one of the movies on the TV. Now that they have removed the movie channels and just have a few stations, I'm throwing in a few DVD's.

Someone already mentioned this but bring some over the counter meds.... our first cruise we spent several hours wandering around our first port looking for cold medicine and one other time I forgot my alieve and that what a huge amount of money for 4 little pills.....

Never have brought this before, but this next cruise, I'm bringing one of the portable dvd players. This will be our 36th cruise and there times we just want to relax in our cabin and have always enjoyed watching one of the movies on the TV. Now that they have removed the movie channels and just have a few stations, I'm throwing in a few DVD's.

I've never looked, but do the cabin TVs have HDMI ports to allow connection of devices?