All Ama cruisers!!! Share expierences and ideas

Thank you for spotting that, steamboats. I see that the first trip is on 2 November, a round trip through Belgium and the Netherlands from Cologne.

As for the Amaviola, I do not know what happened there, either. I saw her offered a while ago. I wonder if it was more difficult to accomplish a good itinerary, seeing that the low water stretch is upstream from Passau (Vilshofen to be accurate) and a trip downstream would meaning crossing the border into Austria immediately, with the situation in Slovakia possibly uncertain and Hungary now out of reach again, as you posted in another thread. It is certainly easier to do a trip downstream from Cologne on the Rhine with the option of doing a nice change to the itinerary at short notice if needed.

Not sure that I would want to see the low flat lands on a bleak November day, though... Mist and rain have their appeal but more in the hills in my opinion.

notamermaid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Kristin’s Blog September 10, she indicated continuing plans to renovate the AmaBella and AmaVerde in 2021.  Any thoughts as to whether that would be something done in the off season ahead of spring sailings?  Booked on AmaBella in August for Gems of Southeast Europe and still trying to be positive. A freshened décor will give me something else to hope for.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is the AmaSiena nearly ready for delivery according to the article, but she is also now signalling from her dock in Netherlands. Check her on marinetraffic.com

Good news indeed.

notamermaid

Thanks for spotting that story, will be interesting if the new layouts offer more that just being able to spread out using the space consumed by the buffet stations.  The challenge may be timely service with everyone coming it at the same time and ready to get on to the next excursion. I do not mind being served vs. balancing my plate.