All Ama cruisers!!! Share expierences and ideas

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

That is such a pity. Somewhat to be expected but still disappointing to have used up almost all the extra 15 percent (if I understand you correctly). I suspect others will join you in that experience.

notamermaid

Your are correct;  just when you think you have a good deal by leaving all your money with the cruise line plus and extra 15%;   the prices go up by that much and more.   AMA has the upper hand since they already have all my money.  So when we finally do book our river cruise;  which now looks like May 2023; due to scheduling conflicts with 2022;  we will already have entire trip paid for. Have a good weekend

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Have a good weekend

Thank you. You, too. I see you have a British Isles Cruise booked. I would love to see many new places on the main island and the scattered islands off Scotland. I hope I can at least return to Kent later this year.

notamermaid

15 hours ago, notamermaid said:

Thank you. You, too. I see you have a British Isles Cruise booked. I would love to see many new places on the main island and the scattered islands off Scotland. I hope I can at least return to Kent later this year.

notamermaid

We are looking forward to the British Isles trip.  We have been there on land trips; so going by ship will be unique.  Our trip starts and end in Amsterdam.  

7 hours ago, aussielil said:

Anyone thinking of booking the 46 day river cruise.  

Have never been on a river cruise but the itinerary is interesting....

If you have not been on a river cruise I would absolutely NOT recommend this trip. If you find you dislike river cruising (which is completely different from ocean cruising) you will be sorry. You have to try river cruising first on a shorter itinerary.

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

If you have not been on a river cruise I would absolutely NOT recommend this trip. If you find you dislike river cruising (which is completely different from ocean cruising) you will be sorry. You have to try river cruising first on a shorter itinerary.

I very much agree. I have been on a river cruise of eight days and loved it but I would definitely draw the line at twenty days for me. Some of us regular posters have discussed this on a separate thread and had doubts about the long river cruise which is not the same at all as having an ocean cruise of such a length.

Some past river cruisers I am sure will express their interest and one or two people might have booked it but when you have been on a river cruise before you have a better idea of what is coming.

notamermaid

Good morning, 🙂I echo the others...trying a 46 day river cruise as your first one? I would try

also try something shorter to begin with....a river cruise is 180 degrees different from an 

ocean cruise. A shorter one will give you a much better insight on how the days/evenings go......and you will get a good feel for it all.