MSC Orchestra Worst Cruise Ever

Kaetlyncrna

The MSC apologists are out in full force, I see.

After reading many, many accounts of MSC customer service issues, I can believe they held her luggage hostage. Why was it sent back to the ship? Who knows, you weren't there.

I'm still very much looking forward to my first MSC cruise, but some of you need to dial it back!

DC ... As posted earlier we lost our cases for 5 days after Brussels airlines removed them from our onward flight to Venice, they caught up with us at Rhodes having been to five other destinations first. We had to pay the courier who brought them and then claimed our money back from Brussels airlines along with the cost of new clothing that we had to buy until the cases turned up.

I flew to Italy in 2003 for a language course and my bag didn't arrive for 3 days, I had to buy all of the clothes, toothpaste, etc. for those days and no one tried to compensate me. It wasn't worth the hassle.... (interesting side note: I had just been in Brazil until the day before I flew to Italy, I had about 45 minutes to unpack my Brazilian stuff and repack for Italy (different climate) before the same taxi driver who'd taken me from the airport brought me right back!). :o

C'mon folks... those who have already sailed MSC have GOT to acknowledge that some of the issues in this post are legit, or at the very least echoed in enough MSC reports not to dismiss entirely.

-

I agree, B&B.

While some of the complaints are a little OTT, sad to say that we also had one of our worst cruises ever on Orchestra last Christmas. The food offerings were really very poor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Time to change the main Chef methinks, we once had a guy from Jamaica as head Chef on the NCL Jade the food was great for the week he was there, the second week the Chef we had on an earlier Jade cruise returned and the food was rubbish.

The cheerleaders are going to hate this..... but both MSC cruises i have taken have had the worst food of any of my 30’cruises.

Yes, some level of food is subjective but MSc served meatloaf instead of prime rib on the carving station. Not once, but two of seven nights. I suppose some may prefer meatloaf over prime but realistically, subjectivity only goes so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading many, many accounts of MSC customer service issues, I can believe they held her luggage hostage. Why was it sent back to the ship? Who knows, you weren't there.

I'm still very much looking forward to my first MSC cruise, but some of you need to dial it back!

Sadly, i believe it too.... Italian hospitality at its finest (and my hubby is 100% Italian). And while culturally service is different in Italy; I do think language barrier may play a part in many of msc service shortcomings.

Sadly, i believe it too.... Italian hospitality at its finest (and my hubby is 100% Italian). And while culturally service is different in Italy; I do think language barrier may play a part in many of msc service shortcomings.

Okay well the monolinguists are gonna hate this, but I speak fluent Italian and it’s amazing how much better things go when you try to speak the language. Also, serving meat loaf rather than prime rib is a bit of a first world problem, don’t you think? It’s still food. I happen to love meat loaf. [emoji6]

Okay well the monolinguists are gonna hate this, but I speak fluent Italian and it’s amazing how much better things go when you try to speak the language. Also, serving meat loaf rather than prime rib is a bit of a first world problem, don’t you think? It’s still food. I happen to love meat loaf. [emoji6]

.....”it’s still food”.....what a brilliant anthem! I’m emailing my contact at MSC right now and suggesting they add this saying to the mission statement:).

True. I'm not sure which bothers me more;

1) the I-had-a-bad-cruise-so-you-should avoid-this-cruise-line people or

2) the MSC Cheerleaders who are always quick to offer their "informed" opinions on why the original poster is wrong.

I sail MSC as well as other lines. Crap happens! I believe the OP had a poor cruise and will never sail MSC again. Fair enough. I also believe the aforementioned apologists can't stand the thought of anybody bad-mouthing their cruise line of choice. Everybody needs to take a chill pill.

~Brian

Didn't Beamafar have a poor experience recently on the Orchestra? I think that points to this ship having some problems, especially in light of her review and photos of the food.

Her recent problem was on Merg, but there were issues with her orchestra sailing also. That’s what I appreciate about Beamafar, balanced reporting [emoji4]

.....”it’s still food”.....what a brilliant anthem! I’m emailing my contact at MSC right now and suggesting they add this saying to the mission statement:).

Oh good grief... [emoji849]

True. I'm not sure which bothers me more;

1) the I-had-a-bad-cruise-so-you-should avoid-this-cruise-line people or

2) the MSC Cheerleaders who are always quick to offer their "informed" opinions on why the original poster is wrong.

I sail MSC as well as other lines. Crap happens! I believe the OP had a poor cruise and will never sail MSC again. Fair enough. I also believe the aforementioned apologists can't stand the thought of anybody bad-mouthing their cruise line of choice. Everybody needs to take a chill pill.

~Brian

Well the blessing in disguise here is that the critics won’t be there with me to ruin my cruise, so yay...

Her recent problem was on Merg, but there were issues with her orchestra sailing also. That’s what I appreciate about Beamafar, balanced reporting [emoji4]

Sorry to be a bit pedantic after such a lovely comment, BB, (and, thank you! It's nice to know that I'm regarded - by you, anyway - as fair & balanced) but my most recent cruise was on Orchestra at the end of December. I was on Meraviglia in June.

Sorry to be a bit pedantic after such a lovely comment, BB, (and, thank you! It's nice to know that I'm regarded - by you, anyway - as fair & balanced) but my most recent cruise was on Orchestra at the end of December. I was on Meraviglia in June.

Whoopsie... I can’t keep up with you!! Sorry about that.

I always appreciate your contributions. You do like MSC,but strive to paint an accurate picture so that expectations for those who have yet to sail with MSC are kept in line. Fair and level headed and a top notch contributor to this forum:).

Thank you for your response. This is my first and last time posting here. I am not new to cruising, but new to this forum and I can assure you I will not be posting again as I am very surprised by some of the responses and the tone of them. Perhaps I did come across pretty dramatic, but I was very frustrated as this was my dream cruise and it did not turn out so well. I am even more frustrated by the lack of response by MSC.

Sounds to me you have every right to be frustrated! I simply don't understand people who know your experiences better than you do but it seems there are plenty who do. I for one appreciate your review and that you shared your frustrations. I was looking to book Seaside for spring break but I know myself, I tend to like things so. This is clearly NOT the line for me. I'm ok with that... MSC has plenty of business without mine. And likely one fewer frustrated cruise critic reviewer to get flamed by the apologist. Sorry you had a bad cruise. Here's to better travels ahead!!!

I appreciate folks who take the time to write out detailed explanations of their reasons myself whether positive or negative. Maybe their issue is related to an activity I was not planning to participate in. It might make me more inclined to try it. Or stay away from it. It may provide time for me to take steps to ensure it isn't a problem for me, or give me opportunity to join in on the fun.

But I realize I am possibly not your typical American cruise tourist. Or at least not among my friends and coworkers.

I love to hear accents and attempt to converse in exotic foreign languages. Even though it is questionable how well the native speakers like hearing my attempts.

I love most things musical, including opera, orchestra, string quartets, operettas, musicals, and marching bands. Fellow band geeks unite! :)

I am usually up to try anything. Once. Whether anyone wants to see me try is quite another matter.

I'm also not that picky about food. Yes, I do love a well-prepared, well-seasoned, and well-presented meal. I've been to a few top restos here and there, and I definitely know the difference. I can still appreciate the hard work involved in feeding the masses on a ship day in and day out.

So. Bring on the reviews and comments, be they negative or positive. And a great big thank you to Op Kaetlyncrna. May Op's next cruise be the best cruise of a lifetime! :)

:D:D:D:D

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I realize that I was very frustrated and perhaps my post could be worded differently. You are correct in that there are other very good cruise lines without going with MSC as I have had some very good experiences in the past with The other cruises that I’ve taken. While I do not understand the flaming that occurred with my particular post, it did teach me a lesson in that I will continue to troll the forums here but certainly will not be posting. hope you’re able to find a good cruise that meets your needs for spring break.

While I do not understand the flaming that occurred with my particular post, it did teach me a lesson in that I will continue to troll the forums here but certainly will not be posting. hope you’re able to find a good cruise that meets your needs for spring break.

Did you notice that the particularly inflammatory posts have been removed? cruise critic also finds little value in the posters who were attacking your experience, many who have never even set foot aboard MSc.

Hopefully the 6 removed posts may give you some vindication that most people on this site contribute rationally and with respect.

Did you notice that the particularly inflammatory posts have been removed? cruise critic also finds little value in the posters who were attacking your experience, many who have never even set foot aboard MSc.

Hopefully the 6 removed posts may give you some vindication that most people on this site contribute rationally and with respect.

To be honest, no I did not notice that but I appreciate you letting me know as this was my first time posting on here. You and several others who have posted this evening do seem to be more respectful. While I do know that perhaps my post was a little dramatic and perhaps too emotional due to my frustration at MSC‘s lack of response, I do feel I have a right to my opinion without it being attacked. I am glad to know that the contributors here, for the most part are very respectful and the earlier flame throwers do not represent the majority of how things are posted here.

To be honest, no I did not notice that but I appreciate you letting me know as this was my first time posting on here. You and several others who have posted this evening do seem to be more respectful. While I do know that perhaps my post was a little dramatic and perhaps too emotional due to my frustration at MSC‘s lack of response, I do feel I have a right to my opinion without it being attacked. I am glad to know that the contributors here, for the most part are very respectful and the earlier flame throwers do not represent the majority of how things are posted here.

Well said. I think it’s a case of just being a human being: you were (justifiably) upset about what happened on your vacation and felt the need to vent-nothing wrong with that. Then others who READ your review got annoyed and then THEY wanted to vent. We’re all humans here, stuff ticks us off sometimes. Let’s all just accept that and try to deal with that as best we can. [emoji4]