Viking Guarantee Cabin

TrulyBlonde

• 2 months later...

I am the TS on this thread and wanted to give you my update on our 1st time booking a Guarantee cabin. I only booked this way because the timing for cruise was perfect, the itinerary was perfect, and this was the only way to get on this cruise.

I went online today to look at my booking because we cruise in 10 days. I was getting nervous. Lo and behold, there was our cabin #. Our guarantee was for a DV2 and we have been given a PV1. I can now relax and also enjoy the extra space and looking forward to trying the Viking Ocean product.

Thank you Viking :)

I am the TS on this thread and wanted to give you my update on our 1st time booking a Guarantee cabin. I only booked this way because the timing for cruise was perfect, the itinerary was perfect, and this was the only way to get on this cruise.

I went online today to look at my booking because we cruise in 10 days. I was getting nervous. Lo and behold, there was our cabin #. Our guarantee was for a DV2 and we have been given a PV1. I can now relax and also enjoy the extra space and looking forward to trying the Viking Ocean product.

Thank you Viking :)

Congratulations on your upgrade! Sounds like it worked out quite well. Hope you have a wonderful Viking cruise.

We booked a guarantee last January for a cruise that leaves Athens in five days. We booked the lowest category, guarantee. V2. We were informed a few days ago that we have been upgraded to a PV1 on deck 6

Wow, are we excited being upgraded from deck 3, lowest category to deck 6, I think this is a five category upgrade.

This is the first time we have booked a guarantee. Will definitely do it again.

Really interesting thread - I came here about to ask a few questions about the Viking Guarantee booking myself, so this was quite informative. Couple questions already answered - but wanted to see if anyone had insight on one more thing.

Does anyone know if Viking does anything to make repeat customers, or customers who have referred others on the same booking, happy when it comes to upgrades? Not a big deal - but we are guarantees on our upcoming Jan 2019 Northern Lights cruise (the lowest level cabin) - but we have taken a previous Viking cruise and we got another couple referred & booked on the same cruise. Probably wishful thinking that they'd take this into consideration?

Gonna be super bummed if the people we referred get an upgrade and we don't!!! :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Really interesting thread - I came here about to ask a few questions about the Viking Guarantee booking myself, so this was quite informative. Couple questions already answered - but wanted to see if anyone had insight on one more thing.

Does anyone know if Viking does anything to make repeat customers, or customers who have referred others on the same booking, happy when it comes to upgrades? Not a big deal - but we are guarantees on our upcoming Jan 2019 Northern Lights cruise (the lowest level cabin) - but we have taken a previous Viking cruise and we got another couple referred & booked on the same cruise. Probably wishful thinking that they'd take this into consideration?

Gonna be super bummed if the people we referred get an upgrade and we don't!!! :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I’m not sure about referral but “nothing” from Viking for repeat customer. We booked a category we would be happy with without upgrade - PV3 GTY. This was a first time for us to book GTY. We were told that worst case scenario we would have PV3 cabin but we would definitely be on the cruise. We were upgraded to PV1. Its the same cabin on the different floor. I noticed on this forum that DV cabins most likely to have a real upgrade (different cabin category like one of the PVs).

I would caution you NOT to accept a DV6 guarantee because you may get one of the cabins over Torshavn (we were in 3055) which will be quite loud until the live music stops about 11:30...for us MUCH worse than the anchor noise or from Star Theatre in cabin 3003, a V1, which never bothered us.

Viking did eventually move us to a quieter room! Great Customer service! :) !!

We booked a Guarantee last year on our NY, Bermuda, and the West Indies cruise. I think we got our cabin assignment about three weeks before - around the same time we got our final documents. We’re on the Oct. 18th cruise with you, also in a Guarantee. We received our final docs today but still no cabin assignment. I figure anywhere on a Viking ship is a great place to be! :D

We booked a Guarantee last year on our NY, Bermuda, and the West Indies cruise. I think we got our cabin assignment about three weeks before - around the same time we got our final documents. We’re on the Oct. 18th cruise with you, also in a Guarantee. We received our final docs today but still no cabin assignment. I figure anywhere on a Viking ship is a great place to be! :D

Have no assignment or documents as of today.

Agree any place on the ship is find by us.

Just got my cabin assignment for an upcoming cruise, booked PV3, upgraded to PV1. However, the cabin is 6000 on Star which I see is right behind bridge and under Explorers Lounge. Two questions: does the forward view from veranda have significant obstructions due to bridge wing; and is there much potential noise from Explorers Lounge?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

please make sure that your DV6 is NOT 3055, 3053 and probably 3057.....these rooms are over Torshavn and if you do not dance the night away and close the wonderfullly fun Torshavn every night you will not sleep until it is closed!!!!

We also found out that  the life boats sprayed and cleaned very early....just beneath your rooms!!!!  Also there is an occasional rehearsal in Torshavn....I should add that we have had 3003 way in the front and the Theatre was not a big problem and the anchor was a great alarm clock!!!!

These cabins should be reserved for entertainers not passengers!!!  I am generally not a complainer but 3055 is a terrible DV6 cabin do NOT reserve it or accept the upgrade!

I would always take my v cabins over these!!!!

Edited by deec

3 hours ago, deec said:

please make sure that your DV6 is NOT 3055, 3053 and probably 3057.....these rooms are over Torshavn and if you do not dance the night away and close the wonderfullly fun Torshavn every night you will not sleep until it is closed!!!!

We also found out that  the life boats sprayed and cleaned very early....just beneath your rooms!!!!  Also there is an occasional rehearsal in Torshavn....I should add that we have had 3003 way in the front and the Theatre was not a big problem and the anchor was a great alarm clock!!!!

These cabins should be reserved for entertainers not passengers!!!  I am generally not a complainer but 3055 is a terrible DV6 cabin do NOT reserve it or accept the upgrade!

Does this also apply to 3052, 5054, and 3056.    which are on the other side.

I do not think that Torshavn can be heard as loudly on port side....not sure about the lifeboat cleaning. Interestingly the music from Torshavn was louder in the room than in the hall!! I have not heard anyone complaining about those cabins.  Elevator noise or the laundry door do not seem to be  issue.

I really like deck 3 with the Atrium open in the middle!

13 hours ago, deec said:

Well, that lets the air out of my balloon.  We were assigned 3053.  Which cabin were you in? Were you on the Orion?  I wonder if they fixed the problem on the newer ships.  Since my cabin was a guarantee, I don't think it can be changed.  If it's bad, I'll try to get it changed once on board.  I'm fine with a V cabin but they have been sold out for ages.

Thanks for the warning.

Cynthia

We just got news of our room assignment for Jan. 4, 2020.  Booked a guarantee V2 and are assigned a DV6...3027 on the Sun.  Has anyone been in this cabin?

We got our cabin about a week ahead on our last cruise.

We booked a GTY PV3 and were upgraded to a PV1 with assignment about a month before sailing.  The room assigned was 6000 which is right beside the port bridge wing.  I figured it would partially block forward view from veranda and also potentially have bridge crew staring at our veranda.  I initially started an online chat with Viking about changing room.  Turns out the chat folks don't have authority to make changes, but he armed me with a list of PV1s that had yet to be assigned.  I called Viking, provided my booking number and asked if I could be moved, in my case to 6008.  Took a few minutes, but no problem.  I think it helped that I knew which cabins were still available.

Edited by ropomo

Beware of 3058 as well.  Right over the lifeboat lift and noise from the lift metal and rachets can be heard through the floor—loud banging noises.  We ended up having to change cabins.

we were in 3055 on the SUN!!!  Don't think they could have changed a thing on the Orion!!!  They did move us eventually ....thank you Viking! 

LunaSeaRetreat,  I would call and try and change it now before you board.  The ship may be full as your sailing date gets closer.

Bring earplugs they will help!  Perhaps your fellow passengers will not be late night  dancers and Torshavn will close early!!!

I bet before long Viking will swap the categories and the DV6s will become the V1 and V2 on deck 3.

On our last cruise there was luggage by our door with the same number on it as ours but with the addition of a "P".  (####P).  We let the cabin attendant know that it was not ours and it was taken away.  As we walked the halls, we noticed a number of luggage tags with the "P."

Just wondering if after being assigned a cabin when we purchased a guaranteed cabin, there could be another upgrade.  The cruise is still a year away and there seems to be availability in the 8 levels above our cabin.