gr8tfulscott

Ukulele... did anyone bring there ukulele on the cruise to hawaii

Ukulele... did anyone bring their ukulele on the cruise to Hawaii ?

i'm just learning now and i'm going on cruise in jan 2019 to Hawaii. do people bring them on board? has anyone had jam sessions?

:cool::cool:it's the happiest instrument in the world :cool::cool:

i'm just learning now and i'm going on cruise in jan 2019 to Hawaii. do people bring them on board? has anyone had jam sessions?

If you will be sailing with Princess you may be in luck. We understand they offer lessons and other things Hawaiian on certain sailings, and you may want to check that out.

On our 2016 Hawaiian cruise I took the ukulele lessons and really enjoyed them. I used one of the ship's ukuleles. A few people brought their own and some were inspired to buy one when we were in Hawaii.

For Christmas DH gifted me an ukulele which I will be bringing on our cruise this February. I will ask Tiki Dave, our instructor, about Jam sessions and report back.

If you are lucky enough to have the Hawaiian Ambassadors "Elua" on your cruise, you will definitely have ukulele classes taught by Tiki Dave. He arranges to have all the uke players and hula dancers (hula taught by his wife, Leialoha) do a show in the Princess Theater at the end of the cruise. We had a great time and to us the classes made the Hawaiian cruise really "Hawaiian".

Aloha!

We'll be on the Hawaii cruise before yours, the one in October. I don't remember ukulele lessons when we sailed to Hawaii on the Miracle a few years ago. You can bring it, but I can't say you'll have an opportunity to play with others.

On our Princess cruise to Hawaii last year there were several people who brought there own. Brian, the Hawaiian Ambassador led classes most sea days. He's a wizard on the uke btw. Then you get to be in the show on the last day. It's fun.

I'd say take it, you won't be alone.(y)

On our Hawaiian cruise last year they gave anyone who wanted to learn to play a ukulele one. At the end of week they gave a concert with the teacher who was part of the Hawaiian troupe we had on board. They also did hula dancing lessons and they also gave a concert . This was on Holland America

WOW! I'm on the Ruby Princess 15 day Hawaii RT from LA April 8, 2019! I was thinking about taking my ukulele with. I flew into Maui this last Sept. and loved Hawaii so much I want to go back. I wasn't sure if there would be ukulele classes. I think I will really think about taking it with me now! All the sea days will be great for the activities.

Yes, it's the happiest instrument in the world! Lynn

Haven't done Hawaii yet, but on our last 2 cruises (Panama Canal & Alaska) there were 'Uke players traveling with their 'Ukuleles...Alaska was a 'Ukulele cruise with a group of 75 players & instructors but there were also other 'Uke players who got together & jammed in the evenings

If you will be sailing with Princess you may be in luck. We understand they offer lessons and other things Hawaiian on certain sailings, and you may want to check that out.

On Celebrity Century too in March 2012.

On our Hawaiian cruise last year they gave anyone who wanted to learn to play a ukulele one. At the end of week they gave a concert with the teacher who was part of the Hawaiian troupe we had on board. They also did hula dancing lessons and they also gave a concert . This was on Holland America.

You should bring it. Our cruise on the Regal last year in the Caribbean,there was a passenger that had one that would sit out by the bar at the back of the ship and play most afternoons. I loved it!!!

We were on a Princess 10 day Mexico and there was a group of ukulele players on the cruise. We first noticed a person with a small music case in the terminal, then we saw another and another until there was dozens of them.

They had several private events for the group during the cruise. We never heard them, except as we were leaving San Pedro. The captain was killing time since our first port was San Diego. We circled Santa Catalina Island as we left - on the balcony above us there were two ukulele strummers playing and softly singing "26 miles across the sea ..... " It was very nice :D

Aloha!

I always suggest that if people have ukulele, that they bring them on the ship with them. We usually have a lot of ukulele to loan out to our guests, but I am not sure how many we will have this season...so I definitely suggest bringing yours, as there will be no question as to getting into the class.

If you are onboard with me, (Emerald Princess) we will have class on each sea day, (starting for the complete beginners and working our way from there) and have a performance in the Princess Theater on the final sea day of the cruise, along with my wife’s hula haumana (students).

As far as jam sessions, I always mention to my classes that they are free to get together on their own time and jam with each other and shar their knowledge. Unfortunately, due to my schedule on the ship, I can’t lead a jam session myself.

I hope you’ll be with us, and participate in ukulele, hula, lei making, come to the talks and enjoy the cruise to the utmost.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

http://Www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://Www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Hi everyone - and particularly Tiki Dave:

Does anyone know who the Hawaiian Ambassadors will be on the Holiday (Dec 23) cruise on the Grand this year?

("Jingle Bells" on the ukulele, anyone?

Kathy

Hi everyone - and particularly Tiki Dave:

Does anyone know who the Hawaiian Ambassadors will be on the Holiday (Dec 23) cruise on the Grand this year?

("Jingle Bells" on the ukulele, anyone?

Kathy

Aloha,

I'm not 100% sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say it would probably be Brian and Rowena...they tend to work the Grand.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

We are on the Emerald Dec. 4 and I will be bringing my Uke. I am currently part of a jam session at home so will bring some of my music as well if anyone wants to maybe get together and play sometime.