Pacific Princess (post refurbishment) tour

CCruiser1234

Great video. Thanks for sharing with us.

I was also on the 50th Anniversary Cruise, a special cruise, [emoji568] given all of the Love Boat TV cast was there.

I organized the Meet & Greet Party.

Here’s a photo Incase you don’t remember me.

855A2740-DC24-4490-8216-C7112D3DA330_zpsawdr1ppn.jpeg

Yes a great ship which we hope will be around for a long time given its history.

Tom[emoji41]

Hi Tom,

I was not on the 50th, so can’t remember you!

A great picture with Gavin, though!

~Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a great video, thank you so much for posting it. We sailed her on the canal cruise right before her refurbishment. She quickly became my favorite Princess ship. I am looking forward to the possibility of booking a cruise on her in 2020.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, I am curious as to why she became your favorite Princess ship. I see you have sailed many Princess ships so I’m interested in your viewpoint. We tend to like the bigger ships but have thought about trying the Pacific Princess.

Bob, I am curious as to why she became your favorite Princess ship. I see you have sailed many Princess ships so I’m interested in your viewpoint. We tend to like the bigger ships but have thought about trying the Pacific Princess.

I am not Bob, but it is also our favorite ship:

a) With less than 670 passengers, it is not crowded and does not overwhelm the infrastructure at a port.

b) Being a small ship, can have more interesting itineraries, being able to go where larger ships cannot.

c) Fantastic library room to relax and read in.

d) Easy to get from fore to aft in 3-4 minutes.

e) Fast elevators with quick arrival most of the time.

She is not for everyone. There are less activities. There is no large show theater. etc. However, the crew "bends over backwards" to serve you. You can almost touch the performers during the shows.

• Like 1

Amazing library.

Thanks for this info.

DW can't handle motion so we usually cruise larger boats. However, I will let her know the ship has a great library. Maybe that will tip her over to trying. She is a huge library fan and sits on a library board.

• 1 month later...

My son just looked at the video today and said it looks like there is a swim against the current device in the pool? Apparently he has much better eyes then I do. Is this true? He is a swimmer and would love to workout.

She's going on the world cruise on Jan. 5th, 2020, til April 26th., so still with Princess until then.

I wouldn't count on the sale being after announced cruises. When the Ocean Princess sale was announced, the effective date of transfer was before several announced cruises. Princess simply cancelled cruises after that date and refunded any payments made.

I wouldn't count on the sale being after announced cruises. When the Ocean Princess sale was announced, the effective date of transfer was before several announced cruises. Princess simply cancelled cruises after that date and refunded any payments made.

Yup! same has just happened with another CCL cruiseline. The Pacific Eden, sailing with P&O Australia, had been sold to CMV. She is being handed over in March 2019, had cruises booked up until September 2019, all cancelled.

I sure hope the Pacific Princess isn’t going anywhere soon, we just booked the 2019 TA.

To my knowledge, there are several cruise lines that have their older/oldest ships listed for sale, some of them have been listed repeatedly, for years. I think if Princess were to sell the Pacific, they would be making a huge mistake, however with most cruise lines shifting to larger and larger new builds, Princess included, it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’d think Azamara would have an interest in obtaining the Pacific as they already own several of the R class ships and coincidentally, we looked at pretty much all of the “next level” cruise lines, Azamara, Regents, Seabourn, etc, and only Azamara appealed to us as consumers due to their much more relaxed dress codes versus the other “all inclusive” or “luxury” lines. But, Azamara’s itenaries leave a lot to be desired in my opinion, which basically means the only “luxury” line we would be seriously interested in has lost our interest before it even began.

But about the video, amazing job. We watched it several times before we decided we just had to try the Pacific Princess. I’m hoping we will like sailing on her and if we do, I think it may be hard to go back to the larger ships, hence the above interest in checking out other lines that have smaller ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My son just looked at the video today and said it looks like there is a swim against the current device in the pool? Apparently he has much better eyes then I do. Is this true? He is a swimmer and would love to workout.

There is a device, but it unknown whether that swimmer purchased it himself.

The guy was in there every day.

I hope you liked the 3 videos.

~Bob

There is a device, but it unknown whether that swimmer purchased it himself.

The guy was in there every day.

~Bob

DW just purchased a swim belt with a flexible rope that attaches to the side of the pool. We saw someone doing this pretty much every day on one of our Ocean Princess journeys.

Good shots. What time did you have to get up in the morning to get pictures w almost no people in them.

We have done our last 4 or 5 cruises on Azamara. This summer we are going to do a cruise on the Pacific Princess. Should be interesting to compare the ships.

DON

Thanks to everyone for answering my question about the against the current in the swimming pool. They used to have them on other princess ships years ago but got rid of them when they broke. My DS will just have to to some other work out.

The videos are great. Thanks for posting them....

We are booked for Dec. 22, 2018. If they sell her, I hope they do it as a "move over". :D

She could be sold before then.
I did a Bon Voyage on the Emerald yesterday, and in the waiting area chatted with another woman in our group who works for Princess. I asked her if they are indeed selling the Pacific and she said no, that Princess recognizes it's importance to it's customers and that it's not for sale and that Princess does not intend to sell her.

I did a Bon Voyage on the Emerald yesterday, and in the waiting area chatted with another woman in our group who works for Princess. I asked her if they are indeed selling the Pacific and she said no, that Princess recognizes it's importance to it's customers and that it's not for sale and that Princess does not intend to sell her.

That is music to my ears. She is our favorite ship and I think we would leave Princess if we lost her.