cruzsnooze

Club Class wait Not Acceptable

How do you OPT out? You just don't book it to begin with. I don't think you're referring to Club Class which is not crowded nor rushed and you usually are seated with the same wait staff mostly.

March 23 2019 Cruise 7 nights to Mexico has a mini vs CC mini with a $464 differential. The $464 PP is specifically to have CC dining as sold without wait and an additional menu selection. If they can't deliver then a refund should be issued.

Both were TA cruises in a full suite. As we have for each of our over 50 Princess cruises, we met with the Maître"d on embarkation day to discuss our dining arrangements. We explained that we would prefer a table in the MDR and were accommodated.

P&J

Both were TA cruises in a full suite. As we have for each of our over 50 Princess cruises, we met with the Maître"d on embarkation day to discuss our dining arrangements. We explained that we would prefer a table in the MDR and were accommodated.

P&J

If you made the change on embarkation day, how did you know how crowded and rushed Club dining was?

I’m a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As stated in our original post,"On our last 2 cruises we have opted out of Club Class dining because we have found it to be the noisiest, crowed and rushed dining experience aboard.

We enjoy a table, with the same wait staff throughout the cruise in a quiet, less rushed environment. Club Class that ain't.

Hopefully that will clear up any confusion. It is a personal choice we make since we find a quiet table in the MDR preferable to one in CC.

P&J

As stated in our original post,"On our last 2 cruises we have opted out of Club Class dining because we have found it to be the noisiest, crowed and rushed dining experience aboard.

We enjoy a table, with the same wait staff throughout the cruise in a quiet, less rushed environment. Club Class that ain't.

Hopefully that will clear up any confusion. It is a personal choice we make since we find a quiet table in the MDR preferable to one in CC.

P&J

No, it does not. Unless we assume that you have dined in Club Dining and found it to be the noisiest, crowed, and rushed dining experience. Your experience is the opposite experience of most of us that have used Club Dining.

Of course everyone respects your personal choice to dine in the MDR fixed dining.

On our last 2 cruises we have opted out of Club Class dining because we have found it to be the noisiest, crowed and rushed dining experience aboard.

P&J

Were your noisy/crowded/rushed Club Class experiences on different ships? That’s how I would describe traditional seating in the MDR. We’ve had Club Class on Ruby and Golden and always found the experience to be a cut above. It’s never going to be quiet, since it’s part of a full dining room, but e have enjoyed it thoroughly.

I guess we were lucky. Due to my mother's wheelchair, we were given the same table (and servers) every time in Club Class. After night 2, no matter what time we showed up, or what meal we showed up for - that table was available for us.

It was like having the convenience of set dining but the flexibility of anytime.

I'm sure if you asked for the same table and same servers in Club Class, they'd find a way to try to accommodate you.

I guess we were lucky. Due to my mother's wheelchair, we were given the same table (and servers) every time in Club Class. After night 2, no matter what time we showed up, or what meal we showed up for - that table was available for us.

It was like having the convenience of set dining but the flexibility of anytime.

I'm sure if you asked for the same table and same servers in Club Class, they'd find a way to try to accommodate you.

On our last cruise in CC once we settled on a table, we pretty much stayed there every night. It helped that most people ate early, and we usually came around 7:30, so got the effective second seating on the table.

The other thing that was good about that time is that the rest of the dining room was fixed early seating, so it was emptying out by then, and fewer people showed up for the anytime portion.