Christmas in Aruba

theLCC1

Hi -- we will be in Aruba from 8am - midnight on Christmas Day. Looking for any advise on beaches - particularly looking for an area where we can either pre-rent a shady spot or where we have a good chance of renting a shade structure. There are 16 of us ranging in age from 3 to 78 and while we need shade, we don't want to be rushed off the ship on Christmas morning if at all possible.

We were thinking of doing an AI but I read that the resort guests usually get up very early to secure the Palapas and shady areas.

Any input/advise is much appreciated :)

• 5 months later...

We will be in Aruba on Boxing Day, December 26 (in Curacao for Christmas) and basically have the same question as the OP. Since they celebrate Boxing Day in Aruba, what will e available for cruisers to do? Stores, beaches, transportation?

At most beach access points, you can rent loungers and umbrellas...no worries about that. If you do an AI and reserve in advance, whatever you book should be there, waiting on you.

There is no need to rush off the ship.....simply go when you're ready.

I'm not sure much will be open on Christmas Day....as far as shopping or attractions go....the beaches will be "open"!

Aruba pretty much shuts down on holidays. There will be fewer taxis, but the buses will run, but probably on a lesser schedule. I don't know how many vendors will show up to rent chairs and umbrellas. An AI might be the best solution, but as I have written many times on this board, the resort guests do get up before dawn and claim palapas and umbrellas, so it's possible that there will be none available. There's really no way of knowing until you get there.