AARP gift card question

teague38

They have the $500 ecards available today and this is my first time purchasing from here and I need help. I have email chosen as delivery method but it wants my shipping address so I put in my work address just in case it does ship by mail but then it says billing address must match shipping, well my billing address is a PO box and you can't use that as a shipping address so I am going to try using my home physical address as my billing and shipping but nobody would be there to sign for it. My question is even though it ask for all of this will it still come to my email? Below is what my order looks like but it looks to me like it will be shipped my mail.. Somebody help before I submit order. Don't want it if it is going to be delivered by mail..

Product Name

Qty

Pricing

Pricing Details

Retail Price:$500.00Points:– 5,000You Pay:$450.00

(10% Savings)

Shipping Cost$0.00

Estimated Sales Tax:$0.00

Order Total$450.00

(10% Savings)

Important Information

ATTENTION: Due to the increased volume of orders during the holiday season, shipping times may be delayed longer than usual.

If you have placed your order Monday through Friday, you will have until 10:00 a.m. ET the following day your order was placed, to cancel it. You may cancel your order by calling the Rewards for Good Contact Center during operating hours.

As a reminder, the charge on your credit card statement for this transaction will appear as "Rewards Redemption".

Members can cancel same-day Merchandise and Gift Card orders online by visiting the Account section, before midnight (11:59:59 PM EST). You may only cancel your entire order. For assistance with canceling individual items please contact customer service at 1-888-842-2891.

Shipping

Shipping times may vary based on actual product. Please note, orders may arrive in more than one package and at different times.

Magazine Subscriptions: Please allow up to twelve (12) weeks for magazine subscriptions to begin.

The receipt for this purchase will be sent to stephanieteague1975@gmail.com.

I agree to the Rewards for Good Terms and Conditions including return policies, and acknowledge my credit card will be charged $450.00.

I seem to remember reading the other day somewhere on the Carnival forums that the $500 gift cards are mailed to a physical address and that the $100 gift cards are the ones that are emailed. Last week I ordered $2000 worth of $100 gift cards and they were emailed to me within the hour.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I am mistaken.

Well I went ahead and called reward center before I committed to buy to make sure it would be emailed and was told yes. I told her that I my billing address was a PO box so I had to put my physical in as billing and shipping. She said it should be fine with the same zip codes and that she would stay on the phone while I finished the transaction..Well the card was declined because of address not matching billing address but I looked at my bank account while on the phone with her and the $450 is out of my bank balance as a pending transaction which could take up to 5 business days to fall off. She told me to go buy 4 of the $100 ones and it should let me use my PO Box but I think I'll wait until this money is back in my account before I try again.

I’ve ordered the egift cards and the physical ones. Yes, the billing and shipping addresses must be the same for both egift cards and physical gift cards. The difference is that once you complete the egift card transaction, you will receive an email where you click a button that takes you to your actual egift card with the cardnumber and the pin. Print this out.

If you choose the regular gift cards they will be mailed to you and you will pay shipping. Also, if the amount of the physical cards is $500 or more, you will need to sign for them.

Hope this helps :)

I seem to remember reading the other day somewhere on the Carnival forums that the $500 gift cards are mailed to a physical address and that the $100 gift cards are the ones that are emailed. Last week I ordered $2000 worth of $100 gift cards and they were emailed to me within the hour.

$500 cards can now be delivered via email as well (subject to availability). I received four of them this way two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks dsotm73, that's good to know.

Applying 4x $500 gift cards would have been much quicker than typing in 20 gift card #s and PINS!

Agreed. It was a bit of a chore to enter the information from four $500 GCs.

Yes, you are correct. $500 can be delivered by email but the site will not let you use a PO box as a shipping address if it is $500 and since that is my billing address it wouldn't work for me but someone who has a billing address that is a physical address can have them emailed. Also, since I posted earlier the charge was dropped off of my bank account so I went ahead and did 4 of the $100 ones and used my PO Box for shipping and billing and it worked. i got my email almost instantly. So just a warning for people who have a PO Box for their billing address, you can not get the $500 cards mailed or emailed because billing and shipping must match and they will not deliver to a PO Box for that amount because it has to be signed for. I think they should update their system for the emailed cards since they don't have to be signed for it shouldn't matter what your shipping address is.

You've been able to order $500 denomination eGift cards from them and have them emailed for a while now.

I think the problem may be if your credit card has your home address but you're shipping to a PO Box at work that is the problem. Credit card and shipping addresses sometimes have to match.

My problem was just the opposite. My billing address was a PO Box and you can't use that as a shipping address on the $500 cards and I couldn't change the billing address to something that it's not because card will decline for not matching

My problem was just the opposite. My billing address was a PO Box and you can't use that as a shipping address on the $500 cards and I couldn't change the billing address to something that it's not because card will decline for not matching

Simple answer if it means that much to you: get a credit card with a billing address the same as your shipping (physical) address.

Simple answer if it means that much to you: get a credit card with a billing address the same as your shipping (physical) address.

Since I don't have a mailbox at my house that is not an option. Also I just learned of the AARP deal last week and since my cruise is in less than a month don't think I would have time for all that. I got what I needed, just had to buy the $100 cards and only buy 4 at a time but thanks for the suggestion.:)

Since I don't have a mailbox at my house that is not an option. Also I just learned of the AARP deal last week and since my cruise is in less than a month don't think I would have time for all that. I got what I needed, just had to buy the $100 cards and only buy 4 at a time but thanks for the suggestion.:)

I haven't used a paper credit card or any other routine, regular bill mailed to my address in years. Just use electronic delivery to my email.

A paperless option should eliminate the OP's dilemna.

I signed up today. Took a few surveys.

Thought about what if I cancel and have to get refund in Carnival gift cards,,(may not take another cruise for 4 years after this one)

Decided to think positive and not worry about IF I cancel, as of this point I have no reason to even think I would need to cancel.

So I brought 1 $500 ecard, and got it right away in my email and applied it to my carnival balance.

Nice quick easy save of $50

I plan to try to purchase at least another or 2 $500 ecards next month. In time for final payment.

Thanks everyone for posting this information about the AARP gift cards. I need/want to save as much as I can.

I learned about the AARP gift card deal here and I am glad I did! I’ve saved over $200 so far and will probably buy a few more. I’ve only selected email option, but mainly because I’m paranoid about them getting stolen in the mail. The email option had been quick and easy! And yes, I agree, typing in one code for $500 gift card was much easier than a list for codes and pins for the $100 cards! Lol:')

AARP still has the $500 gift cards available.

I just purchased another one today. Got the ecard in like 5 min or less and applied it to my cruise balance.

Saved total this week of $100

My final balance is due 3/27/18. I plan to buy another $500 next month and 4-$100 to save hopefully another $90 or more.

I figure if something happened and I had to cancel this cruise I would just have another reason to book another cruise later on in order to use the gift cards I would be refunded in.

Emailed cards is by far the best option. If you want the $500 ones and have a PO Box billing address on your credit card, you can’t do it without a little bit of work. But it is possible. Change your billing address by contacting your cc company. Once you’ve ordered your gift card, change it back. If it rejects your cc, don’t keep trying. It hits your card each time as a pending charge. But it will clear out later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have signed up for AARP rewards yesterday, took some quizzes to buy the Carnival card with 10% discount. Today searching to purchase it, I didn’t see it in the list of businesses. Does this mean sold out at this time? If so, when is the best time to recheck? Any help is appreciated.

I have signed up for AARP rewards yesterday, took some quizzes to buy the Carnival card with 10% discount. Today searching to purchase it, I didn’t see it in the list of businesses. Does this mean sold out at this time? If so, when is the best time to recheck? Any help is appreciated.

I just checked and they’re there. You have to go to Rewards for Good, then click on redeem points. From there click on gift cards and the Carnival cards are in the travel list.