Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tkjulie

?? about dinner and buffet

Can anyone tell me if the Buffet ends at 6:00 p.m. and that for dinner you would have to go to the dinning room?? Also how dressy is it? Can men get away with wearing kaki pants and a shirt?

Tahitian Princess 04/09/06

Grand Princess 2001

I think that except for formal nights, khakis will be just fine. they do have alternative dining in the buffet but aI think you need to make reservations, and there is pizza.

I think that except for formal nights, khakis will be just fine. they do have alternative dining in the buffet but aI think you need to make reservations, and there is pizza.

Hi! Thanks for the info, we will probably try the steak house, we tried the italin place on the grand.

we loved both of the specialty restaurants. do be sur eto make your reservations when you get onboard. The regular restaurant is very nice too. It is small but very elegant.

we loved both of the specialty restaurants. do be sur eto make your reservations when you get onboard. The regular restaurant is very nice too. It is small but very elegant.

Thanks for the information.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Isn't the buffet always open until about midnight? I've never seen it close at 6pm, at least not on Princess, Celebrity or RCCL.

No the buffet actually ends around 3-4PM and then it is a scaled down buffet until around 6PM. After that they put tablecloths on the table and they have a small salad bar and you can order whole pizzas.

Around 11PM or midnight they have a bistro in sterlings, not sure if there was a small charge this last time. We didn't go to it.

Donna5 -

Interesting... I'm assuming this is the Tahitian Princess? We'll be on that ship in August. We were on the Pacific Princess a couple of years ago. I really don't remember if that's how it worked on that ship.. maybe so, though, now that you mention it.

I learn something everytime I log on!

Thanks.

Donna5 -

Interesting... I'm assuming this is the Tahitian Princess? We'll be on that ship in August. We were on the Pacific Princess a couple of years ago. I really don't remember if that's how it worked on that ship.. maybe so, though, now that you mention it.

I learn something everytime I log on!

Thanks.

But remember, EVERYTHING is subject to change. You never know. I always put the little dining card on the mirror in the room over the desk. Also the patter lists any changes(but even then, they can be wrong). The waiters will know the real story, what is open and what isn't. Have fun.

I would have never even thought to ask about the buffet and later in the evening. What is the deal with the buffet?

Is it open again later, at least for desserts?:D