Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
chubbypiggy

Busan, South Korea

Recommended Posts

Not the OP, but we just came back from Busan (in May) and we formed a group through CC roll call and booked a tour through Krazy who contracted it to BusanMate, the tour went to

 

 

 

We had a wonderful time with the tour above. Toursbylocal is actually more expensive than this one we found. We initially booked Frank from toursbylocal, but as we had more people interested in the tour, he increased the price (per person), we then found this other company and they were absolutely a gem and very easy to work with. The per person cost also came down significantly as we added more people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We just left Busan and heading in, we had zero expectations. Three days before the port I booked a tour, and having cruised a lot, I was STUNNED that this city actually was once of the best excursions I have ever been on. We had a private van, and avoided the herds. We went to the oldest mountain temple in Busan with gorgeous views. We hiked along the coast to the wide sandy beach in the city. We went out to a far island via van to beautiful cliffs and a see-through walking bridge (like in Jasper, Grand Canyon). We went to this hill side old village that reminded me of Santorilli (sp?). It was newly renovated for tourists and it was amazing to walk the narrow valleys and take part in all of the photo-ops. We then went to the fish market, and the international market for shopping. It was one after another show stopping stops. Probably my favourite port so far in Asia. Quite the surprise! Message me if you want further details etc.

Will you please send me contact information for this tour company. This is just what we are looking for when we travel next March, Thanks. lpeirce49@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, tenmile said:

Will you please send me contact information for this tour company. This is just what we are looking for when we travel next March, Thanks. lpeirce49@gmail.com

Yes.  I too would love to know the tour company you used. We will be there in October 2019.  My email is sekeller1948@gmail.com.   Thanks.  Sue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, chiapet said:

 

I thought that the tours by locals were primarily walking tours. Are there any that have a van to take you outside the city center as well?

Toursbylocals operate all over the world .Each guide is different. Some have cars,some vans,some walking . Contact a guide through their web site. We have used them all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, rodlim said:

We just left Busan and heading in, we had zero expectations. Three days before the port I booked a tour, and having cruised a lot, I was STUNNED that this city actually was once of the best excursions I have ever been on. We had a private van, and avoided the herds. We went to the oldest mountain temple in Busan with gorgeous views. We hiked along the coast to the wide sandy beach in the city. We went out to a far island via van to beautiful cliffs and a see-through walking bridge (like in Jasper, Grand Canyon). We went to this hill side old village that reminded me of Santorilli (sp?). It was newly renovated for tourists and it was amazing to walk the narrow valleys and take part in all of the photo-ops. We then went to the fish market, and the international market for shopping. It was one after another show stopping stops. Probably my favourite port so far in Asia. Quite the surprise! Message me if you want further details etc.

What tour company did you use?  We are looking at that tour now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

BUSAN. We are looking at booking a small tour through Viator.  It is called Cruise Layover. Full Day customizable Private Busan Tour. Focus is to go to Gamcheon Culture Village, Gukje Market, Jagoloni market, Haedong temple...

we are 4 people looking for 4 more people $204., 6 $163,   8 $136. That is $CAD!

Edited by Puddle2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Puddle2 said:

BUSAN. We are looking at booking a small tour through Viator.  It is called Cruise Layover. Full Day customizable Private Busan Tour. Focus is to go to Gamcheon Culture Village, Gukje Market, Jagoloni market, Haedong temple...

we are 4 people looking for 4 more people $204., 6 $163,   8 $136. That is $CAD!

 

Post on your RollCall... you will find people to join you there. This is an information board only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Puddle2 said:

BUSAN. We are looking at booking a small tour through Viator.  It is called Cruise Layover. Full Day customizable Private Busan Tour. Focus is to go to Gamcheon Culture Village, Gukje Market, Jagoloni market, Haedong temple...

we are 4 people looking for 4 more people $204., 6 $163,   8 $136. That is $CAD!

 

We were a family of 4 and booked ourselves thru ToursByLocals in Busan for our own individualized private tour ... as we usually stay away from Viator since they're just the middle man.  You might find a better price and get more out of your tour!

 

Either way ... we loved Busan and found it to be beautiful ... so I think you'll have a good time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Miaminice said:

 

Post on your RollCall... you will find people to join you there. This is an information board only.

Thought I was! On my roll call🤣 

thanks for the advice about staying away from Viator!  I have never used them before, but realized there were a lot of tours from them out there. Will check Tours-by locals. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Puddle2 said:

Thought I was! On my roll call🤣 

thanks for the advice about staying away from Viator!  I have never used them before, but realized there were a lot of tours from them out there. Will check Tours-by locals. Thanks

Wondering if anyone who has been to Busan would recommend going to Gamcheon Cultural Village or should we stay more central

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Puddle2 said:

Wondering if anyone who has been to Busan would recommend going to Gamcheon Cultural Village or should we stay more central

 

We didn't spend much time there as there really wasn't much to see ... but still a good (short) stop for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, tenmile said:

Will you please send me contact information for this tour company. This is just what we are looking for when we travel next March, Thanks. lpeirce49@gmail.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would like to know tour company too😊. Plake2@gmail.com. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 9:50 AM, chiapet said:

 

We were a family of 4 and booked ourselves thru ToursByLocals in Busan for our own individualized private tour ... as we usually stay away from Viator since they're just the middle man.  You might find a better price and get more out of your tour!

 

Either way ... we loved Busan and found it to be beautiful ... so I think you'll have a good time!

Re: Viator.  I have slept on this topic for more than a few days, before deciding to post, so my fellow travelers won't make the same mistake.  I had booked and pre-paid for a sailboat ride, through Viator, from La Spieza, Italy to Cinque Terre.  I had sailed to Rome on Holland America in April 2019, and rented a car.  When I arrived in La Spieza, after a long and scary drive, no sailboat, no nothing!!!  No notification about the cancellation from Viator whatsoever !!!! It's my life's dream to visit Cinque Terre, ever since I had seen a beautiful oil painting of Cinque Terre when I was in college ... It took several phone calls (from La Spieza!) to get my refund.  I was very unhappy!  Happy ending though: I drove onto Genova, and visited Cinque Terre (alot more work with logistics) from there -- I even made it to Portofino, where one of my favorite films, The Talented Mr. Ripley, was filmed .... For me, no Viator for the rest of my life !!!  The comment about Viator being the middle man is true.  Even at that, Viator failed miserably by not confirming and keeping track of cancellation by the local vendor ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...