Ocean view on Connie

Cruise Junky

I’m a balcony girl but we’re looking at a B2B on Connie next year in the med and if we do both legs we may have to do an OV. Any recommendations? I was reading about the ones at the front last night. They look big. What about on 3? Does anyone know which have bigger windows? Any advice to not shrivel and die not having a balcony? Besides hanging out at the martini bar more ;p:cool:

We loved cabin 3108 Cat. 6 Ocean View we had last August on our Greek Isles cruise (large window) on the Constellation. Deck 3 location is hard to beat. We were also hooked on Veranda cabins but not anymore we booked a group rate and the Ocean View was $1,200 less than the lowest price Veranda Cabin so I tried it and realized we just do not use the veranda much anymore to much fun elsewhere on the ship. We will still for the right price always take Aqua Class because of Blu and maybe use the veranda once or twice. Google - cruise deck plans you can get a picture of the cabins as far as I know all the Cat. 6 and 7 cabins have the large window.

We had 2158 on the Connie... spent a lot of time at the Sunset Bar and Thalassotherapy pool. It had the smaller window but it was fine for us given the savings on that cruise.

Didn't even know about the large windows on 3! Maybe they didn't have them back in 2015?

I’m a balcony girl but we’re looking at a B2B on Connie next year in the med and if we do both legs we may have to do an OV. Any recommendations? I was reading about the ones at the front last night. They look big. What about on 3? Does anyone know which have bigger windows? Any advice to not shrivel and die not having a balcony? Besides hanging out at the martini bar more ;p:cool:

Hi Cruise Junky

Are 7002 and 7003 available? These look out of the front of the ship and the cabins are the size of small hotel rooms. Nice big window with a seat in front which becomes a great place to put stuff!! We were in 7002 on Summit and really enjoyed the cabin. We first saw one of these, actually, on Connie on a cabin crawl. I think the two cabins between these two are quite large too.

Hi Cruise Junky

Are 7002 and 7003 available? These look out of the front of the ship and the cabins are the size of small hotel rooms. Nice big window with a seat in front which becomes a great place to put stuff!! We were in 7002 on Summit and really enjoyed the cabin. We first saw one of these, actually, on Connie on a cabin crawl. I think the two cabins between these two are quite large too.

I think they might have been available on one leg but not the other. The deck 9 equivalent on the side was available.

EDIT - yeah, only available for one leg.

I don't know how you feel about moving, but I'd grab it and hope the other one comes free. I forgot to say that as you enter 7002. there is a hall and that is where the closets are. The bathroom is to the left and then to the right is a sitting area complete with sofa, big chair and coffee table. Beyond that is the bed and beyond that, the desk. Very very roomy.

I have sailed in both areas........deck 3 Oceanviews and the ones on 7, all the way way forward. Personally, I like the ones on deck 3......easier location. But those forward cabins are quite large. You can't really go wrong with either.

I have sailed in both areas........deck 3 Oceanviews and the ones on 7, all the way way forward. Personally, I like the ones on deck 3......easier location. But those forward cabins are quite large. You can't really go wrong with either.

Thanks Lois

We were on deck 3 aft on the Infinity in September....the windows were awesome! With the shades open during the day, the ocean was 'right there'. If you can't do a balcony, this is not too much of a "step down".

• 6 months later...

I had booked a GTY OV for my upcoming Asia Explorer cruise in April 2019. Last night I went in to check my booking and to my amazement a cabin has been assigned! AND even better yet it is 7003 on the Millie! I had to do a happy dance last night.

Several years ago I had booked a Panama Canal crossing on the Connie and stalked these cabins to finally secure one and then had to cancel the cruise. I was so shocked to see this cabin assigned as a GTY. I feel like I hit the lottery. Maybe I better go out and purchase a ticket!