pamela27

Anyone been to Vigie Beach lately?

Hi, has anyone been to Vigie beach lately? Did you like it and did you feel safe?.

We are going in May aboard Freedom.

We have been to Reduitt beach, but it was far too crowded for us.

We have also done an island tour.

I know we are the only ship in port that day, so the beach won't be crowded.

Hi, has anyone been to Vigie beach lately? Did you like it and did you feel safe?.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2423026&page=10

Lots of recent comments from recent visitors there..

It's a lovely beach, long, long uncrowded beach. Minimal vendors. No watersports. Boardwalk with local food and drinks...

Posted (edited)
Did you go to Vigie beach? How much was a taxi there? Chairs?

As in the thread above in many if the comments, Vigie Beach is around a 20-30 minute walk, or $10 one way 5-10 minute cab ride.

Chairs run $5 or so.

I've been many a time, given that I live here, most recently two weeks ago when picking up a friend off Royal Princess. Great lunch, cheap drinks, and good beachfront..

Edited by reedprincess

Will be there in May 2018, is this the closest beach to the cruise port? Looking for somewhere close so husband and son can join us after their fishing trip for a drink or two.

Will be there in May 2018, is this the closest beach to the cruise port? Looking for somewhere close so husband and son can join us after their fishing trip for a drink or two.

Yes, this is the absolute closest beach to the port. 20-30 minute walk or 5-10 cab ride..

Pamela227, please let us know if you in fact did go to Vigie Beach. We are looking for a beach for our Oct Freedom cruise. We have heard that the Island tours are way too touristy and crowded for us. Just looking for a nice relaxing beach day with a bar, some chairs, restrooms and food.

Pamela227, please let us know if you in fact did go to Vigie Beach. We are looking for a beach for our Oct Freedom cruise. We have heard that the Island tours are way too touristy and crowded for us. Just looking for a nice relaxing beach day with a bar, some chairs, restrooms and food.

Sounds like Vigie is the place to go.

Reedprincess - Could you tell me if this beach has a dropoff making it difficult getting in/out? I am looking for a beach with beach chairs/umbrella, lunch or snacks and wifi for hubby. We will be there in November but I like to plan :). Thank you for your thoughts or suggestions.

Reedprincess - Could you tell me if this beach has a dropoff making it difficult getting in/out? I am looking for a beach with beach chairs/umbrella, lunch or snacks and wifi for hubby. We will be there in November but I like to plan :). Thank you for your thoughts or suggestions.

Do you mean a drop-off / steep entry or exit from the water? If so, nope. It's a pretty gentle slope/entry..

If you mean for the cab drop-off, nope - it's quite easy, flat, short ride and open drop off area.

Enjoy.

I went to Vigie Beach in March. I was solo as my DH was scuba diving. It was a very nice beach and I felt completely safe. Hope to go back one day.

I went to Vigie Beach in March. I was solo as my DH was scuba diving. It was a very nice beach and I felt completely safe. Hope to go back one day.
I might end up doing the same thing if my husband decides to scuba dive. It's our first time on the island. Can you tell me who your husband used for the dive and what he thought about diving there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We walked to Vigie Beach a few weeks ago. It wasn’t a hard walk but not scenic at all. We never felt unsafe and the beach was much nicer than I expected....I would definitely go back :)

Was there a place to change or do you juggle a towel?

As noted, there's restrooms available, you could use them to change. Most people just wear their bathing suit under a cover up or shorts and t-shirt.

Glad to hear that there are restrooms. was thinking more about wet suits to street clothes for trip to the ship. Thank You!

On 9/29/2018 at 5:55 PM, jhsocal said:

Was there a place to change or do you juggle a towel?

you have to pay $1 every time you use the bathroom.  It's worth it because they are very clean and well kept. We were there last week and although it is a small beach close to the airport the scenery was beautiful and we enjoyed a great lunch from one of the boardwalk restaurants.  Ask for Sean or Jack. They were very helpful in getting us our chairs and umbrellas and arranging our authentic St. Lucian lunch which was delicious.  $25 for a large plate enough to share.