Jump to content

Escape Supper Club....What is this?


dongordon
 Share

Recommended Posts

My next cruise is on the Escape.

 

I have heard some good things about the "Supper Club."

What exactly is the venue and what kind of food (is it a prefixed menu?) is served and what is the entertainment featured?

 

Does anyone happen to have a menu to show?

 

Thanks.

Don:cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were there in early January. It is tiered table and booth seating around a stage. The show was wonderful: a Tony-nominated Broadway singer and a five piece jazz combo. She sang a selection of show tunes, some from shows she had been in, and told stories over the arc of her career. The musicians were outstanding (part of the band from the After Midnight show). Dinner was four courses; choice of salmon or steak, and a few dessert and appetizer choices. We had a great time, and both of our kids (22 and 23) loved it also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My next cruise is on the Escape. I have heard some good things about the "Supper Club." What exactly is the venue and what kind of food (is it a prefixed menu?) is served and what is the entertainment featured? Does anyone happen to have a menu to show? Thanks. Don[emoji41]

The Supper Club is a dinner show room. There are two shows.

 

The first show is a complimentary dinner with guest performers. The dinner is a 3-course, fixed meal (options are available for those with special dietary needs). The show varies by cruise with guest performers that rotate through. The complimentary show can only be booked on board. They sell out really fast. Use the touch screen kiosks in the public elevator lobbies to book a seat. Seating is first come first serve. Show up early for the best seats.

 

The second show is a paid dinner show. The Cabaret show features the performers from the After Midnight stage show. The dinner is a fabulous 5-course fixed tasting menu. The paid (you can use your SDP if you want with a $15+gratuity upcharge) show can be booked online 90 days prior to your cruise. This show also sells out quickly.

 

The Supper Club

5b5601ac19b09fed140e70fb76863ff4.jpg

 

Complimentary Dinner Menu

b0eaf187f2a53abf71bd8cefc017a645.jpg

 

Paid Cabaret Show Menu

6e3c6ab35892aaa97653c4868e00e850.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
On 2/28/2018 at 3:44 AM, BirdTravels said:

The Supper Club is a dinner show room. There are two shows.

 

The first show is a complimentary dinner with guest performers. The dinner is a 3-course, fixed meal (options are available for those with special dietary needs). The show varies by cruise with guest performers that rotate through. The complimentary show can only be booked on board. They sell out really fast. Use the touch screen kiosks in the public elevator lobbies to book a seat. Seating is first come first serve. Show up early for the best seats.

 

The second show is a paid dinner show. The Cabaret show features the performers from the After Midnight stage show. The dinner is a fabulous 5-course fixed tasting menu. The paid (you can use your SDP if you want with a $15+gratuity upcharge) show can be booked online 90 days prior to your cruise. This show also sells out quickly.

 

The Supper Club

5b5601ac19b09fed140e70fb76863ff4.jpg

 

Complimentary Dinner Menu

b0eaf187f2a53abf71bd8cefc017a645.jpg

 

Paid Cabaret Show Menu

6e3c6ab35892aaa97653c4868e00e850.jpg

Thank you for this information. Is the show the same for both complimentary and paid options do you know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We did the complementary one a few years ago and really wish we had just eaten in the main dining room instead that night. Did not think the food was very good at all and the shower was not memorable. Literally I don’t remember it. I think maybe it was all right but nothing spectacular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Thank you for this information. Is the show the same for both complimentary and paid options do you know?

So, the challenge of posting a 2 1/2 old, long-dead thread is that much of the information on this thread is out of date and inaccurate. 
 

The Supper Club has been doing different complimentary shows nightly with one paid show each week. The dinner shows have a fixed menu (different each night). Post #11 on the link below shows an example of the show schedule. If you scan the rest of the thread, you’ll see a few of the dinner show menus. 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So, the challenge of posting a 2 1/2 old, long-dead thread is that much of the information on this thread is out of date and inaccurate. 
 

The Supper Club has been doing different complimentary shows nightly with one paid show each week. The dinner shows have a fixed menu (different each night). Post #11 on the link below shows an example of the show schedule. If you scan the rest of the thread, you’ll see a few of the dinner show menus. 
 

 

 

Thank you for the link. I do try to find previous posts rather than just starting a new thread everytime and CruiseCritic being filled with the same questions again and again. I apologise for reviving an old thread however given that there has been no sailing for 6 months most threads giving actual experience are aging anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...