Jump to content

How many days until your next Carnival Cruise?


Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, dmet0225 said:

I checked my Hub app last night, and this is what showed up.  I had to look up exactly how long the cruise was going to last, and it's almost 22 quadrillion years.  I wonder how many suitcases I'd need.IMG_1075.thumb.PNG.596d50398484912580f5ee8deb3f4e18.PNG

 

Turns out, that's what the passengers on Gilligan's Island would have seen if they had installed the HUB app too.

 

That error isn't reproduced simply by assuming a 64 bit value got transposed poorly or something.  Interesting.  Now I'm curious how to get that value.

 

Oh, and I just realized: the "9" of 2019 on the right is partly off-screen.  So there is probably a leading digit we can't see to the left of "7962..."

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Tomorrow!  My suitcase is in the trunk of my car.  Will drop a few items in carry-on in the morning and off we go.  It's been over 500 days.

I'll be glad when I can say that. It'll be over 600 for me by the time I get there. 😭 Enjoy your trip you deserve it after that wait. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

I'll be glad when I can say that. It'll be over 600 for me by the time I get there. 😭 Enjoy your trip you deserve it after that wait. 

 

 

Thanks.  I have our next one booked for just a couple of days under a year from now so we'll start a new countdown when we return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

 

Thanks.  I have our next one booked for just a couple of days under a year from now so we'll start a new countdown when we return.

I'm hoping to start having one in the pipeline every 6 months after this. Just have to wait and see how the hub's new job pans out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloudninecat said:

I'm hoping to start having one in the pipeline every 6 months after this. Just have to wait and see how the hub's new job pans out. 

Every six months would be a dream.  I budget like crazy to cruise once a year, and feel blessed.  I am green with envy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Every six months would be a dream.  I budget like crazy to cruise once a year, and feel blessed.  I am green with envy.

We'll it REALLY depends on how the new job pans out. It's more money with lots of OT potential but until he actually starts in July we don't know what to really expect. I'm just dreaming at this point. Once a year might be more realistic. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

We'll it REALLY depends on how the new job pans out. It's more money with lots of OT potential but until he actually starts in July we don't know what to really expect. I'm just dreaming at this point. Once a year might be more realistic. 

 

We can dream together.  Best wishes and regardless of how often, happy sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...