Amex offer is up for 2018

moosecrouse

GREAT NEWS!!!

Even though I made my final payment 1 month ago, I was able to have them back out a payment and then used the Amex offer . I have 3 different cards between my wife and I. I had NCL refund $1500.00 to the other credit card I used which left me a $1500 balance. I then made a $500 payment from each card to leave a balance of $0.

Make sure you add the offer to your card before doing anything. I immediately reeceived an email from Amex showing that the offer was used.

For doing a little bit of work (10 minutes confirming with NCL and Amex) and then making the payments, I just saved $300!!!

WOO HOO

Are you past final payment? Who did you call to change payment? I paid a few days ago. I'm thinking of buying OBC but I know I will not use all of it. Would it be refunded to a different credit card if you register a MasterCard to shipboard account?

"Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship".. That stinks. my cruise is already paid for in full. Until reading the fine print, I thought I'd get it when I closed out my on board account

Does not exclude onboard credit purchase. I’ve done that. Buy an OBC prior to my cruise. I too was past final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you past final payment? Who did you call to change payment? I paid a few days ago. I'm thinking of buying OBC but I know I will not use all of it. Would it be refunded to a different credit card if you register a MasterCard to shipboard account?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Amex offer for NCL is back!!! Popped up in my offers today. As a reminder it's spend $500 on NCL and get a $100 statement credit. If you don't see it in your offers there have been reports of calling Amex and requesting it to be added. Not a guarantee but many have been successful.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting !!!:D

Single guy so never thought about multiple cards on the same account. Are your wife & kids authorized users on your account or do they have there own accounts. Thinking I could add my mother & oldest nephew as authorized users if this works out for you. Please update later how you make out when you get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

My wife and kids are all authorized users on my cards (other than the Platinum), and none of the ones they have had the NCL offer.

I did have my son sign up for the Blue Cash card when he turned 18 (as his personal card), and he had the offer on that card only. So I'm going to have him pay $500 towards my upcoming cruise and I'll give him the money for it.

I'm also going to sign up fro the Blue Cash card myself.. which currently has a promo to spend $1k in 3mos , and get a $150 statement credit. I'll stack that with the NCL one, netting me another $250in free cash. :) If you want the Blue Cash Plus card, you get $200 statement credit , but with a $95/yr annual fee - vs no fee with the standard card.

Edited by tombec1
Update on Amex Card

I have been a month past final payment. First I called NCL customer service and explained what I wanted to do. The rep put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor who said it was approved. They both put in the comments of my booking what i wanted to do and it was approved. I then called Amex to verify that I could just make a payment and it would be accepted. After adding the promo to all 3 of my cards, I called back NCL and again spoke to customer service. The saw what i wanted to do in the notes. They refunded $1500 to my Citi Visa card ann then I made 3 separate $500 payments on the Amex cards. Within minutes, I received emails stating that the Amex offers were used.

My card is only showing to get the 10,000 points. Nothing regarding $100 credit. :(

amex points are valued at about .02 cents per point so the 10,000 points is worth about 200, better then a 100 dollar credit

I have been a month past final payment. First I called NCL customer service and explained what I wanted to do. The rep put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor who said it was approved. They both put in the comments of my booking what i wanted to do and it was approved. I then called Amex to verify that I could just make a payment and it would be accepted. After adding the promo to all 3 of my cards, I called back NCL and again spoke to customer service. The saw what i wanted to do in the notes. They refunded $1500 to my Citi Visa card ann then I made 3 separate $500 payments on the Amex cards. Within minutes, I received emails stating that the Amex offers were used.

Thank you so much!! This worked for me!

Thank you so much!! This worked for me!

Great. Isn't it nice to get $$$ back for basically doing nothing than making a phone call. Once it worked for me, I wanted to pass it on so others could take advantage of it.