Cozumel. Ferry travel dangerous?

Has anyone sailed to Cozumel over the past week or so? Trying to get a feel if Royal Caribbean (or other cruise line) is running the ferries again to Playa Del Carmen? I contacted them, and they gave me a very cryptic/canned response that was not much help... I am set to go there in about 2 weeks... Thank you.

No, RC puts you on a bus to Playa Mia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are about 3-4 excursions through RCCL to Playa Mia and this one that we picked specificlly states that we would take a leasure boat ride to the location. We liked this because we love boats and thought it would be a change to a bus. The other excursions take a bus. When we saw the ferries issue, thats when we started to worry... see description below:

Submerged Mayan City & Beach Break

COZUMEL, MEXICO

Embark on a scenic boat ride along the Cozumel’s sparkling shores to Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park for four hours of doing whatever…

Has anyone sailed to Cozumel over the past week or so? Trying to get a feel if Royal Caribbean (or other cruise line) is running the ferries again to Playa Del Carmen? I contacted them, and they gave me a very cryptic/canned response that was not much help... I am set to go there in about 2 weeks... Thank you.

I saw on a facebook page yesterday from people on board LOS that they have lifted the ban on excursions requiring a ferry and that the excursions that had been canceled were back on.

Last week on Freedom, all excursions requiring ferry travel were cancelled. It's hard to know if that will still be the case this week, or three weeks from now. I believe the Tulum Ruins excursion was affected last week. I think the decision will be based on whether the US State Department has lifted its travel advisory.