When are formal nights usually

fizzy1

Actually, the US website is up the most up to date, just another problem with Celebrity's IT dept. It took them five years to change the dress code from three types of dress to two on the UK web site.

Ah yes, the most up to date but with erroneous information. As long as individual Captains are free to decide on the number of Evening Chic nights rather than follow corporate policy, there will continue to be some confusion.

There are always some people who really dress up on Evening Chic nights...it’s an anniversary, honeymoon, etc. and they may want to have pictures taken. Personally if I wanted to dress formally it would not bother me if I were in the minority...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Ah yes, the most up to date but with erroneous information. As long as individual Captains are free to decide on the number of Evening Chic nights rather than follow corporate policy, there will continue to be some confusion.

Agree with you, it’s a shame Celebrity doesn’t have their poster on the boards anymore we could ask. A similar situation happened a few years ago and because there were so many inquiries, the ships had to change their policy. This had to do with a couple ships requiring formal dress in the Specialty restaurants when this was not written policy.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, fizzy1 said:

On a 14 night journey soon on Silhouette and i believe 3 formal/ chic nights may be the order of the game. Are they usually on sea day evenings or could be on port days too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our eastbound TA in 2018, our 3 evening chic nights were on "at sea" days.  On your daily planner left on your bed at turn down the steward left the next day's planner.  On the front page there would be a notice when the evening chic (gala) night would be the next day.  Plus there would usually be mention of it by the cruise director or sometimes by the captain the day of gala night.

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, gerelmx said:

I never sailed X, first X cruise next March 18. But I have read many reviews, and I know what I'm saying.

Sorry, but you are making assumptions that may or may not be incorrect. Often, the first chic night is the first full day of the cruise especially if that is a sea day. The second one will be no later than the evening before the last night. But those are generalities. Schedules vary from ship to ship, and even from sailing to sailing.

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

Sorry, but you are making assumptions that may or may not be incorrect. Often, the first chic night is the first full day of the cruise especially if that is a sea day. The second one will be no later than the evening before the last night. But those are generalities. Schedules vary from ship to ship, and even from sailing to sailing.

Very old publication March 5, 2018  (4 years old)

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Very old publication March 5, 2018  (4 years old)

What are you talking about? OK, I see .. this thread is 4 years old. Nevertheless, someone saw your claim that you knew exactly what nights were chic night given the departure date, despite your never even been on a Celebrity cruise at the time.

For the sake of others who might be viewing this resurrected thread, there is no hard and fast rule about when chic nights will be. It can vary by ship, itinerary, and possibly by sailing. If the first full day is a sea day, it is often but not always one of the chic nights. Other than that, the second will be an evening near the end of the cruise, but usually not on the last night. Sea days are more likely to be chic nights than port days, but that is not absolute.

Edited by publicpersona