CC Help Jenn

Contests are Back! Contest for Week of March 5

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your patience as we restocked our prize supply with cool new swag. Our logo got a face lift last year and it took some time for us to have new items printed and all set to send out :) Now we are ready to GO with our weekly contests.

Let's chat cruise! Tell me about your last one. When was your last cruise? What ship did you sail and where did you go? Anything extra you want to share is always welcome.

I will choose a member who comments at random to win some cool swag :)

This post will be open for commenting until next Monday.

I'll share my last cruise in comments

Jenn

Senior Community Support

help@cruisecritic.com

My last cruise -I sailed sans kids in May of 2017. It was lovely to have a whole week with just my hubby, friends, and 6k cruise lovin people on Oasis of the Seas. I did a lot of relaxing and people watching. I only caught one show and a handful of other activities. We stopped in St Thomas, Nassau, and St Martin. I had a Central Park view balcony and for the cost I would probaby either pay a bit more for the ocean view balcony OR save a few bucks and go to an inside or window room. We never used the balcony. It just wasnt the same overlooking the inside of the ship.

December 2014 on the Carnival Liberty. It was the first sailing after dry dock, so there were a lot of problems. But, we still had fun. We were in the Bahamas, so no arguing with that. However, it was bad enough to turn us away from Carnival, at least for a little bit.

Hi, my first & only cruise was in the early 90's on the dolphin. I just remember being exhausted from going non-stop & eating non-stop. Haha! Loved the midnight buffet. Looking forward to going this year.

Our last cruise was Feb 2017 on the Anthem. Headed out on her again next Feb. Love the ship. It hold so many people but most of the time you'd never know. St. Maartin is probably my very favorite port. I'd love to stay there for a few weeks.

July 2017 on the NCL Escape. It was my second time on the Escape but this time it was a girls trip and so much fun! There were 3 or us and we shared a balcony room, my first time with a balcony on the bump out. Heading out again with the family in 3 weeks on the Epic and can't wait!

Hi, My first and only cruise was on 8/9/13 and we were on the Norwegian Jewel. We sailed out of Seattle Washington up though Alaska and back . Was a great trip.. Went with a local radio station from our area of New Jersey. Went on some great excursions, my brother actually went halibut fishing and we ended up shipping 100 lbs of fish home. Remembered our trip for awhile.

I am going on another cruise this December 2018 on the Regal Princess. Can't wait..

My last cruise was 12 years ago ... on the Celebrity Infinity, to Alaska. My next cruise, I'm happy to say, leaves in 6 days. Not sure why I waited so long. The Alaska trip was a treat from my mother, just the two of us. I hiked in all the ports and then headed to the Persian Garden; she shopped in all the ports and then took a nap; and then we met up again for dinner to talk about our days. We are such different people, and it was a perfect way for us to spend time together while also doing things we love. Now, all these years later, I'm planning to return to Alaska in 2019 with my daughter to create the next generation of memories.

My last cruise was on the fantastic Disney Magic...sailing into New York and past the Statue of Liberty at three in the morning...it really was a fabulous sight all lit up.

The next time I seen her was in my home town of Liverpool.

My last cruise was the Disney Magic! It was great! We mainly stayed on the ship other than debarking for Castaway Cay! We’re already looking forward to booking another one!

:)I hope I am posting this correctly. I’ve been on several cruises but this April will be our 4th cruise to Mexico With Princess. 1st on the Crown and the last 2 cruises on the Ruby. We really like Sailing on Princess and are counting the days till our April departure. After living here in snowy Idaho some warm air and sun is anxiously awaited.

I really enjoy your contests and love seeing what everyone else posts.

Our last cruise was 2 1/2 years ago, September 20, 2015. We sailed on Carnival Liberty out of San Juan. Itinerary was St. Thomas; sea day; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; St. Maarten; San Juan.

What was very special about this cruise was the itinerary, of course. Our favorite that Carnival offers, hands down. My husband actually "surprised" me with this cruise. We had gone on a cruise the two previous years, one of those on the southern itinerary out of San Juan and he told me that he did NOT want to cruise that year because he didn't want to "get burned out" on cruising. We were looking at a land vacation and then he gave me three other options, all cruises, and this itinerary on Liberty was one of them and I went for it. We actually booked on July 4, 2015. We got to know another couple through CC, by commenting on each other's reviews from past cruises. They would be on this sailing and were on the roll call. The CC roll call grouped off, so a "social media" roll call was started for several of us that interacted through CC. Leading up to that cruise was quite a roller coaster ride: watching the hurricane forecast with one storm disrupting the itinerary we'd be on and causing a port to be missed; then the engine fire on Carnival Liberty while in St. Thomas two weeks before our sailing. That cruise ended up being cancelled there was no status, for several days, on whether the next few cruises would sail as scheduled. We lucked out, they did.

I was expecting not so great weather and rougher seas (hurricane season); most of our group had issues with flights and/or missing luggage when we flew down a day early. Was this a bad omen? It wasn't. All missing luggage made it to San Juan and all was delivered to the ship. We had the best weather I've every had on a cruise and the calmest seas. And it was so nice finally meeting everyone in person, seeing them around the ship, spending the sea day together on lido, having lunch together if we ran into each other at lunchtime, meeting up and sitting together for the comedy shows. We area all still in touch and on social media and keep in touch. I'd love to go on another cruise with all of them. Because of all of that, that last cruise we on moved to #1 (my favorite).

My last (and first) was May 2009 on the Golden Princess from Seattle to AK. My husband and I were married on the ship in Seattle with 75 of our guests. After the wedding 15 stayed on board and cruised with us. We had said we wanted to do this cruise again with just the 2 of us for our 5 year anniversary however it didn't happen. We will finally be heading back to AK this Sept celebrating 9 years of marriage. I can't wait to step on board the Emerald Princess and enjoy one week of relaxation and enjoyment.

Good Morning,00

Last may, My Mother and I went on NCL British Isles. England, Ireland and Scotland. We had a great cruise and great memories. End of may another NCL cruise Baltic area.:*

November 2017 - RCCL Liberty of the Seas. It was our first B2B cruise and first at Diamond level which made it very special for us. We did two loops in the Western Carribbean with the port of Cozumel repeating itself on both legs. We had a great time and loved the ship. We drove to Galveston from Ontario, Canada which made for a great three week getaway!

Hi everyone,

My last cruise was in 2003. My now husband proposed during the love and marriage game. I was an unsuspecting audience member. Had a wonderful time! Next cruise this May on the Liberty of the seas leaving out of Galveston. It's been way too long..

Cristina

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your patience as we restocked our prize supply with cool new swag. Our logo got a face lift last year and it took some time for us to have new items printed and all set to send out :) Now we are ready to GO with our weekly contests.

Let's chat cruise! Tell me about your last one. When was your last cruise? What ship did you sail and where did you go? Anything extra you want to share is always welcome.

Jenn

Senior Community Support

help@cruisecritic.com

We just got off the NCL Gem on February 3, 2018. It was an eleven night cruise and we went to St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua and St. Croix. It was a great cruise and we met some wonderful people. The Gem is our favorite ship. Swimming with the Dolphin's in St. Kitts was so much fun. St. Croix is still suffering from the hurricane but it was nice to go and buy some items to help support them.

Our last cruise was January 2018 on Celebrity Silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale and we sailed to San Juan, St. Croix, Antigua, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St Kitts. Although it was our eighth cruise, it was the first one without our cruising companions, the couple who originally got us into cruising. It was also the longest cruise we have taken.

We had some real reservations about whether we should go since the original itinerary included islands that were devastated by hurricanes. After some serious soul searching, we elected to go and are glad we did. We not only had a good time, but also, more importantly, encountered some wonderful people working hard and doing all they can to get things back to normal.

Our first port was San Juan and given all that was in the news about Puerto Rico, prior to the cruise, we were curious about what we would encounter. There still is a lot of work that remains to be done, but they have already accomplished quite a lot. One of the more surprising things we experienced was how truly glad people were that we came. As the residents work hard to pull their lives back together, tourism (a large part of the economy) can play a big role in those recovery efforts. As one resident put it, "... we can't let the hurricanes win and keeping things normal is our way to fight back". The people were awesome, their positive attitude inspiring, and the experience of being there humbling.

So I do not leave you with the wrong impression, we had a wonderful time and a great cruise. The other islands we visited were not impacted as much as San Juan and, relatively speaking, a few of them were barely effected at all. Moreover, we are from upstate New York, so cruising the Caribbean during January is not too shabby at all. In fact, it was such a good experience that we have booked our cruise for next year with our cruising companions.

We were originally thinking of again cruising in January, but between the Nor'easter that hit last week and the one that is expected tomorrow, we are sailing on the Equinox in February. The only query my other half had was about the Superbowl. However, as I said to her, we can watch it from there, so why not.

Keep calm and cruise on!

pstroud

We just cruised on Breakaway December 15th-22nd to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were on Great Stirrup Cay in a cabana on our Anniversary. It was amazing. Our 4th time on Breakaway for a total of 41 nights (over 3 years). We've also done the Jewel 2 times and the Dawn once. That was our first cruise in 2005. All have been out of NYC.

Next up...Norwegian Escape 2 weeks February 3rd 2019 out of NYC. We're hooked!!

Hi everyone,

Our last cruise was on the Carnival Splendor. We drove to Fort Lauderdale from Pennsylvania, and that was the furthest we have ever driven for a cruise! First we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and when swimming int he ocean we saw the ship depart the week before. The ports were Grand Turk, which we love, Dominican Republic (stayed on the ship), Curacao - great day at Mambo Beach, and Aruba- on beach by DePalm Pier..We really loved Curacao and Aruba and it was my first time at these islands, so that was terrific. Beautiful water for swimming and snorkeling, nice to shop also. The cruise was very enjoyable. However, we just don't love a ship which is that large. The food was good but I think the service was kind of slow - maybe an issue with second seating. Also, there are just not enough pools for all of those people IMO.

Hi all,

Our last cruise was a 10 day NCL Sun, Re-positioning Cruise to Alaska in Sept. through October, 2017. The Sun is a smaller Ship but we loved it. It will be replaced by the new larger NCL Bliss for the Alaska cruises this year. The nice thing about cruising this time of year is that you get great bargains on items in the shops and on the ship because the season is ending.

We sailed from Vancouver, BC up the inside passage to Alaska. We spent 2 days in Vancouver before the cruise and had a great visit. Must experience Fly Over Canada at Canada Place while there.

We visited Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Ketchikan, Alaska. Victoria, BC, Astoria Oregon and spent 5 amazing days in San Fransisco after the cruise. This was absolutely the most amazing vacation for us.

Highly recommend the Alaska Cruise. The weather even cooperated during our cruise, the only rain we had was in Juneau and it was mainly a light drizzle. Temps were mainly in the mid 40's to mid 50's and low 60's. Mendenhall Glacier is a sight to see.

We took a bus tour up to the Yukon from Skagway that was absolutely amazing. Skagway is a very nice town to walk around in on your own,

Glacier Bay is the most awesome place. We spent a day cruising around there and loved every minute of it. We took some amazing photos of the glaciers and mountains.

Ketchikan is quite a nice city to walk around and explore on your own. Creek Street is quaint and we saw the salmon running.

We took a whale watching tour from Victoria, BC and saw Orca and humpback whales.

We took a tour of the Oregon Coast around Seaside and Cannon Beach from Astoria, that was very enjoyable. Oregon Coast is beautiful.

Our five days in San Fransisco topped off our cruise with perfect weather and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Marina District. San Fransisco is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. Hop on Hop Off Bus brings you to all the Major Highlights. Must experience the Cable Cars and Trolleys too.

We love cruising and Cruise Critic is our major source of cruise information and reviews. Thank you!

My wife and I are dedicated cruise enthusiasts who have been fortunate to have enjoyed over 50+ cruises ranging from Regent Seven Seas to Carnival.

From 3 nights to 21.

From sailing by ourselves to large groups.

We have sailed on 11 different cruise lines and 41 different ships

We favor any ship as we have experienced Great food,entertainment,and atmosphere on many lines

We have enjoyed the largest ships of Royal Carribean to the elegant and mid size Regent Mariner

We have experienced great service ,fine dining, great food,wonderful entertainment and sometimes not as good as we had hoped

But when all is said and done aren't we all lucky to have had life on the high seas

There is no bad cruise just some are better then others.

Enjoy life and "bon Voyage" :)

Our last cruise was in November on the Pride out of Baltimore. I love when dates and itineraries line up so I don’t have to fly to a port! This cruise was the first time we visited Princess Cays..... it was great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise was September 2017 to Bermuda on the Carnival Pride. We love this ship and have sailed on her many times. We can drive to the port so it's so easy. The Pride is a great ship, and we like knowing the ship so we can relax. My favorite place is the Serenity deck. Bermuda was beautiful. Would like to go back there some day to do more.

Our last cruise was almost 5 years ago on Celebrity to the Mediterranean. As per usual they lived up to our expectations. We did book outside shore excursions which worked out for us wonderfully if you want to have a more personable experiences. There are many reputable companies that can be found on sites like this one that offer guarantees.

Also I have severe food allergies and the crew went out of their way to accommodate me. This time we are going to Australia again on Celebrity Solstice. This is our 6th cruise and are remembering not to over pack. Have a great cruise everyone ⛴

My last cruise was during Thanksgiving on the Emerald Princess to Cabo. It was my husbands first ever cruise and he loved it. I wanted to go for longer than 5 days, but he was not sure how the kids would handle us being away. This was our first ever vacation in 14 years, and it was without kids. I was also celebrating being a 4 year pancreatic cancer survivor. It had been a very long 4 years and this was more than needed. We had just attended the PurpleStride Orange County just a few days before we departed. Our Aft balcony was amazing and gave me the time to sit and rest when I was not feeling well, without being around crowds of people. We just put a deposit on our next cruise to Alaska, but sadly not until next year due to trying to have someone take care of the kids for 2 weeks is very hard with schedules and the cruises we want to take are when the kids are in school.

My very first cruise is in April. We are sailing the NCL on the Breakaway to The Bahamas. We are very excited! It will be myself, my husband and our two sons.

Our last cruise was in February 2018 on the Anthem of the Seas. it was a 12 night carribean cruise out of Bayone NJ.This was our 4th cruise on the Anthem & our 118th cruise.

Hi Everyone!

Jenn

Senior Community Support

help@cruisecritic.com

My last cruise was in Dec.2017 ,Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore . We were in the same cabin 3 Decembers in a row and will be doing our 4th. in Dec.2018 again with the same cabin ,an OV .

In Dec.2015 we had the best Cabin Steward ever and that is why we did the cruise again in 2016 .However ,we did not have the same Steward .He was on the ship but on another deck.

Many of the people on the 2015 cruise have been on each of the following cruises .

Lenny

Hi Everyone,

Our last cruise was on the ncl getaway last year...we had 9 of us and it was so amazing we are going again this May and taking our 3 nieces that will all graduate college this spring. It will be the first cruise for all 3 of them.

Last cruise was RCCL Venice to Tampa via Barcelona. Wife came down with asthma attack and was mostly in her cabin until the sea days. Strangest thing was lobster was served in buffet next to last night. Not in MDR. Oh well. Looking forward to Pacific Coast in May on Celebrity.

Just confirmed my third cruise a couple of days ago for next February and I am so ready to start planning the things I want to do onboard and the excursions too! SOOOO EXCITED!!! :')

My son FINALLY graduated from college (he was on the 10 year BA program) and we celebrated with a TA on NCL from Miami to Copenhagen. We loved all the ports and really had a good time relaxing and spending time together without the cell phones or computer.

First and only cruise was Princess and I loved it...but that was 2006! Ready for our next adventure to Alaska, with our 2 adult children (who just learned they won’t have wi-fi at sea and are HORRIFIED [emoji23]) in June this year! We are sailing RCL this Time.

Hello! Our last cruise in September was actually our very first. We were on the NCL Pearl to Alaska and took a shorter cruise to get our feet wet, so to speak. We did not know if we would enjoy cruising but thought we would give it a try. Well my DH wanted to hide out somewhere in the ship and not get off! We both enjoyed it so much we are now 39 days away from a Panama Canal cruise, and a year away from a TA cruise. Oh and also have a Caribbean one in our future. I am so happy I found CC as I have learned so much from the boards and can't wait for all the upcoming meet and greets!! I think we found our niche!!

My last cruise was on the Celebrity Equinox. It was the first time on Celebrity (I have cruised Carnival and Royal Caribbean). It was a wonderful experience! Beautiful ship, great ports, excellent staff and delicious food! I loved the 'muster drill'......not many people say THAT! LOL The ship was very nice, clean and well maintained. Staff was very accommodating and treated us very well.....very professional and helpful and friendly. It was easy for me to maneuver around the ship with my scooter. I loved my Celebrity cruise and hope to be able to sail with them again. :)

My last cruise way June of 2016 on the Carnival Freedom. We sailed out of Galveston and visited Montego Bay, Cozemul and Grand Cayman. We had a good time at Mr. Sanchos at Cozumel!! I recommend that to anyone wanting an all inclusive beach day. It was really nice. We ate at Margarittaville at Montego Bay and had a great burger and a super good Pina Coloda!! Looking forward to our next cruise on Royal Caribbean in March 2019!!

Last cruise Norwegian Dawn out of Boston.

Love the one hour or so drive from NH..

Inexpensive, next to ship parking.

Quick on quick off.

Love Bermuda.

My last cruise was last June on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. We loved it sooo much that we booked another cruise on the Summit in June. We got to meet Captain Kate and her cat Bug Naked. What a great captain and a cute cat.:D