Live - Adventure Finds A Way - 3/10/18

If only we had the Jolly Roger as an option at the end of every cruise.

Nothing like sneaking an annual tradition in with less than an hour remaining in the final port!

We could have always resorted to a little sea day helipad action. [emoji6] Although, they may have begun to restrict access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the special ride-along this week across all social media — so much fun to watch you all. Looking forward to cruising with you in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for following along Brian.

President’s Cruise will be a lot of fun!

If only we had the Jolly Roger as an option at the end of every cruise.

Nothing like sneaking an annual tradition in with less than an hour remaining in the final port!

We did the Jolly Roger in Barbados back in 1990 for our honeymoon cruise. It was a blast then and looks like it has kept the mojo going strong. The rope swing and diving from the top deck were both epic fun... as was the ride back with the rum punch infused limbo party. Of course the rum punch had very little fruit juice since the rum is much cheaper in the islands.

Great review and photos! Thanks to all of you for taking us along.

Thanks for taking us along on another adventure! Rick, you and the squad never disapoint. Will be looking for your Symphony cruise. Try and get some rest in the mean time :)

I just got ten hours of sleep. Feeling high on life!

46f7555dc1de9ae5ceffe03f831d6d3c.jpg

Bob has not chimed in on this thread for a couple of days. Did he make it back to the ship for part two of his B2B?

I can confirm Bob is alive and well on part two of his cruise. I’m sure the seas will be calmer this week! [emoji12]

We did the Jolly Roger in Barbados back in 1990 for our honeymoon cruise. It was a blast then and looks like it has kept the mojo going strong. The rope swing and diving from the top deck were both epic fun... as was the ride back with the rum punch infused limbo party. Of course the rum punch had very little fruit juice since the rum is much cheaper in the islands.

Great review and photos! Thanks to all of you for taking us along.

Watching someone else’s “Cruise in Review” video of the Jolly Roger made me book my first cruise because it looked like so much fun. It did not disappoint! Didn’t realize how many new friends you could make when rum punch and dancing are involved!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning-hope you all are well today! After watching the room 1106 video again (Ok, like 12 more times), I have a couple of questions about my future stateroom if you don’t mind:

1) After a few days, is it still as awesome as it looks in terms of space and convenience? Any drawbacks that wouldn’t be apparent to someone booking it?

2) When you’re looking out the balcony, is the area to your right (outside the solarium) a public area?

3) Does that forward door in the hallway go anywhere or is that a staff area?

4) Is that sofa a pull out sofa bed or a trundle (looks like a trundle)?

5) If you could choose any of the Junior Suites on deck 11, would 1106 be it or are there any advantages to the others that aren’t apparent?

Appreciate any feedback. Hope you all have a fantastic fun day (of course you will)! Cheers!

Did you think I forgot about you!? [emoji12] Just wanted to rebalance all my chemicals before jumping back in here.

1) Room location was everything. I would come back from the club at night, throw on my trunks walk out my door and jump in the solarium hot-tub. It was also great for running up for sail-aways, hitting the gym/spa, and a quick shot in the elevator to cafe promenade (late night pizza)! One drawback is tall people will have a tough time in the tub. I’m 5’9” and I was inches from hitting the ceiling. See my Barbados sail-away Periscope.

2) Area to your right is in fact a public area, but was really only occupied during sail-sways. It was actually roped off during most of the sailing so was not an issue. Wouldn’t stop me from selecting the cabin. What balcony doesn’t have the possibility of having neighbors out with you?

3) Forward door in the hallway is to Cabin 1100. 1100 has a different configuration for this reason (bathroom and closet are on the same side of then cabin). That said there is a storage closet on the “public area” landing that you may here a crew member go into from time to time if you are on your balcony.

4) It is a pull-out sofa.

5) I would select 1106, because it is the largest and does not have a weird configuration or additional glass partitions on the balcony (see my Periscope). In fact, I have selected 1106 on the Mariner for my B2B2B next spring break.

Did you think I forgot about you!? [emoji12] Just wanted to rebalance all my chemicals before jumping back in here.

1) Room location was everything. I would come back from the club at night, throw on my trunks walk out my door and jump in the solarium hot-tub. It was also great for running up for sail-aways, hitting the gym/spa, and a quick shot in the elevator to cafe promenade (late night pizza)! One drawback is tall people will have a tough time in the tub. I’m 5’9” and I was inches from hitting the ceiling. See my Barbados sail-away Periscope.

2) Area to your right is in fact a public area, but was really only occupied during sail-sways. It was actually roped off during most of the sailing so was not an issue. Wouldn’t stop me from selecting the cabin. What balcony doesn’t have the possibility of having neighbors out with you?

3) Forward door in the hallway is to Cabin 1100. 1100 has a different configuration for this reason (bathroom and closet are on the same side of then cabin). That said there is a storage closet on the “public area” landing that you may here a crew member go into from time to time if you are on your balcony.

4) It is a pull-out sofa.

5) I would select 1106, because it is the largest and does not have a weird configuration or additional glass partitions on the balcony (see my Periscope). In fact, I have selected 1106 on the Mariner for my B2B2B next spring break.

Nah I knew from the pics you were out enjoying the vacation which was awesome! Thanks for swinging back by for the cabin info-much appreciated, as were the rest of the vacation pics. Your crew looks super fun-cheers to you all!

Let us recap, shall we?

I’m going to start with the ship.

8c687c081c46f8499b0b534a1fba26d7.jpg Lawd she is fine!

So it is no secret that I love the Voyager Class ships. They were my first introduction into Royal Caribbean cruising and I have experienced some of my most cherished cruise memories onboard these ladies. Well Adventure didn’t disappoint and she may have even taken the cake amongst her sisters.

With the interior refresh, the addition of Izumi and of course bringing water slides to the Voyager class, this ship is the perfect combination of class, fun and more importantly size.

This last year I have sailed on nothing but mega cruise liners and it was amazing to get back on a ship where you felt connected with not only the sea, but with your fellow passengers. I think the size also enables the crew to really connect with the passengers more so than on the larger ladies. I say this because the service on the Adventure was some of the best I have experienced on any cruise.

My only complaint is that I didn’t really get to enjoy the ship as much as I would have liked due to the port intensive itinerary. I didn’t see one show (well all the the way through), attend one trivia session, or even just sit in a lounge chair and enjoy the ocean views. Which is why I’m desperately going to find a way to get back on Adventure when she begins embarking from my back yard this summer.