Have you ever done the exact same cruise on the exact same ship?

gozagswoohoo

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

For me....*shrug*....I kinda liked the idea? You'd be familiar with the ship, familiar with the stops and what not. I don't know. Have any of you ever done it multiple times and enjoyed it (or NOT enjoyed it?) Thoughts?

We've done the same ship twice now but yes I'd love to do the same ship and same cruise for the same reasons you mentioned.

Our first cruise was to Alaska (we live in North Carolina). I felt like we stumbled the whole time and I would love to do it again more prepared.

I have several friends who have done the same ports and same ship and they like it.

We are doing two of the same ports on our next cruise that we did last time. One is Cozumel. I want to do the exact same excursion there again (Mr. Sanchos) because I enjoyed it so much. I also want to catch Margaritaville OPEN since it was closed last time. I'm a trainer so I am always looking for lessons learned and I think that's why a second cruise appeals to me!

Majority of my days are on Imagination. It’s a convenient itinerary in a convenient location. I’m there to relax mostly, so the ship’s attractions themselves rarely interest me.

It’s kind of nice having a home away from home.

We did the same cruise on the Carnival Paradise 2 years in a row because it fit the best with school breaks. I'd go again. We've done the same itinerary from New Orleans twice as well, but the ships were different. I'm sure you'll have fun, it's a cruise after all.

We did the NCL Escape two years in a row. Same ports and nearly the same dates a year apart in line with Spring Break. Like others have said, we found new things to do on the ship and in port. In some respect, if you can, I think you'd be a fool not to if you left having a great time BUT I wish I'd tried that or gone there instead, etc. Three times in a row might be a bit much though.

If it makes sense for our schedule and budget, sure. We sailed on NCL Sky twice, in 2009 and 2010 and just finished our second cruise on Pride (first sailing was in 2012)(although we did get a new port this time on Pride since she now calls on Princess Cays).

Pretty much all of my cruises thus far have been to the same ports of call and on the same ship (or class of ship).

I still have a good time every time.

You're in port for so little time, to us the ship is the vacation. The ports of call are just a plus. If I wanted to really visit these places, I'd fly there and stay longer than 5 hours.

We did it! We sailed the NCL Getaway in January 2017, and fell in love in love with the ship and Freestyle Cruising, went home and booked again for the following year. We sailed it again in January 2018 with other family members along also. My next cruise is the Carnival Breeze for March 2019, and then I need to plan a family cruise for our 50th Anniversary for March 2020. Looking at the RCCL Liberty of the Seas, but if we love the Breeze, maybe we will repeat that one. I want a ship that appeals to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been on 3 cruises with my husband: Splendor (Cabo/PV), Miracle (Cabo/PV), and Triumph (Cozumel/Yucatan). This August we will be doing a repeat on the Splendor for our anniversary. (We began dating on the Splendor back on our first cruise.) I purposely did this though since she's moving to Australia permanently next year. Even though we've done the Mexican Riviera numerous times already (he's been once before without me) this time we also hit Mazatlan. When we were on the Miracle our shore excursion in PV got cancelled and we just spent all day on the ship. It was GREAT! Since everyone was out in PV we basically had the ship to ourselves.

We've done the same itinerary twice, getting ready to do it a third time in April on the same ship as our last cruise. Galveston doesn't have a ton of choices, but we had a great time just staying on the ship last time, we'll probably do that again this time. Saves money and leaves more time for drinks ;)

Prefer to avoid flying if possible. So we’ve done the Mexican Riviera many times on 2-13 day cruises. And, yes, we’ve repeated itins and ships. We’ve befriended crew over the years on the different West Coast ships, same ports.

Look at is as being no different than having a second home or a boat on the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

in 2016 we sailed the Sunshine twice in the same cabin. Once an 8 day from Canaveral in January and the other a 5 day out of Charleston SC in May.

Both were enjoyable and we liked not having to learn the ins and outs of a new ship. The overall vibe was different. The 5 day felt somewhat hectic as opposed to the laid back 8 days. We had a few staff that remembered us like the cabin steward and the bartender in the Red Frog Pub who remembered me for my orders of Crown and Glenmorangie both on the rocks. :D