Cruise Critic Community
Host Sharon

P&O drinks prices and packages

54 minutes ago, Narrow boat girl said:

We have just returned from Britannia and both wine packages were available, we had the captains choice which had a decent selection. Please be aware that you can't use wine packages in The Glasshouse, and if you want them in the Limelight club you may have to ask in advance for the wine you have as the wine waiters will have to fetch the wine from store/bar.It was useful but would get one next time we cruise.Overall we felt the drinks package was expensive. We drank what we wanted beers,wine G&T, cook tails, and it was much cheaper than drinks package.

That's interesting- so we may be able to get a wine package after all.  Thanks for the information.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:59 PM, Tablelamp said:

Wine packages.  Has the Captain’s choice and the Commodore ‘s choice which you could choose at dinner been discontinued?

Hi there

Have tracked down the link you need. Scroll down the page in the link below and you will find a hypertext link to "wine packages". Commodore's and Captain's Collections are still available

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package

I have also tracked down a link to the general wine list but this appears now to be devoid of prices. In the past there wine list pdf used to include the individual prices and that way it was useful to work out in advance which wines were the best to choose from your package to benefit from the best discount.

Will just have to wait til I get on board this time (Oriana X909, 15th June) to do the calculations. I'm not really a tight wad but like to get VFM

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the link - don't know if it's my device but it redirects me to the homepage.  Intetesting to know its still available though but like you we'll look at what the package includes then determine whether it's good value for us based on our preferred wines.  

Edited by kruzseeka

On 6/7/2019 at 5:29 PM, kruzseeka said:

Thank you for the link - don't know if it's my device but it redirects me to the homepage.  Intetesting to know its still available though but like you we'll look at what the package includes then determine whether it's good value for us based on our preferred wines.  

Hi,

I have tried to attach a screenshot of the wine packages from the link that arlowood gave us - hope you can see it 😊

71C03903-7166-48EF-87E1-9A40B59F5D38.png

We had the Captains Collection and it was fine. We love our red but the Bacchus white was very nice and fairly priced.

Hi all ,

If I am travelling with my husband and 2 yr old daughter and want to purchase the soft drinks package, do I pay for 2 or 3 packages, bearing in mind my daughter is only on milk and water?

Many thanks,

Shilu

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shilu said:

Hi all ,

If I am travelling with my husband and 2 yr old daughter and want to purchase the soft drinks package, do I pay for 2 or 3 packages, bearing in mind my daughter is only on milk and water?

Many thanks,

Shilu

You'll get away with two, there's no way they can charge for a 2 year old.

Edited by Tom Baker

The draught beer package seems popular.

You buy 10 or 20 pints in advance and I believe you get 15% off.

If you are a beer drinker, this seemed good value to me.

Andy

Yes that does seem like good value - do you know do you get something similar to a coffee card and just get it punched each purchase?

52 minutes ago, alija1960 said:

Yes that does seem like good value - do you know do you get something similar to a coffee card and just get it punched each purchase?

I noticed it too late so didn't take it up. Shame as I would have got good use out of it.

I assumed it would be added to your account and you just show your card and deducted automatically, but not sure, sorry.

Andy

I know it can be debatable whether the alcoholic drinks package is worth it, but can anyone tell me if the soft drinks package is worth it? Are all soft drinks offered in opened bottles or in cans, just thinking about day trips etc.

Is it true that the costa small coffees are not that small?

I know we are allowed a litre of alcohol onto the ship but can we get mixers and non alcoholic cocktails and add alcohol to them eg from a little drinks flask,or is this to be kept in our rooms only?

I have never seen any information about a beer package. Is it available on all ships?

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I have never seen any information about a beer package. Is it available on all ships?

It wasn't heavily promoted on Aurora, a barman pointed to a sign on the bar on our second from last night and said 'you should have done this'!!! Thanks!!!

Andy

3 hours ago, shilu said:

I know it can be debatable whether the alcoholic drinks package is worth it, but can anyone tell me if the soft drinks package is worth it? Are all soft drinks offered in opened bottles or in cans, just thinking about day trips etc.

I know we are allowed a litre of alcohol onto the ship but can we get mixers and non alcoholic cocktails and add alcohol to them eg from a little drinks flask,or is this to be kept in our rooms only?

Definitely not allowed to drink your own drinks in public areas.

I am sure people do, but I wouldn't risk getting caught. Other passengers who abide by the rules will be quick to grass you up...

Costa coffees are a decent size, even the smallest ones.

I don't think they will hand you unopened cans or bottles, they wouldn't encourage you to take them on shore.

Andy

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It wasn't heavily promoted on Aurora, a barman pointed to a sign on the bar on our second from last night and said 'you should have done this'!!! Thanks!!!

Andy

Thanks Andy,I will look out for that bar sign on Ventura in August.

Hope Michelle is keeping well.

Graham.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Andy,I will look out for that bar sign on Ventura in August.

Hope Michelle is keeping well.

Graham.

It seemed better value for me than the full drinks package, hope it is not just a trial that doesn't get rolled out.

Michelle is good thank you for asking Graham, didn't need that insurance after all...😀

Andy

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It seemed better value for me than the full drinks package, hope it is not just a trial that doesn't get rolled out.

Michelle is good thank you for asking Graham, didn't need that insurance after all...😀

Andy

I like Old Speckled Hen beer and pleased I can get it on board P&O.

I'm pleased Michelle is well.

Cheers Graham.

8 hours ago, shilu said:

The soft drink package seems rather rubbish. No bottles or cans only drinks from the taps.

Sailed with P&O in 2018 and it wasn't the drinks prices that were the problem it was the lack of available drinks.  Before setting sail from Southampton I ordered an Aperol Spritz only to be told they had no Aperol.  This became a recurring theme throughout the cruise with four gins and four bottled beers being unavailable.

We'd purchased the cheaper of the two wine packages - normally for convenience we'd get a drinks package but P&O don't do them - and four days into the cruise ordered a bottle of rose with our meal only to be told this had run out.  As this was the only rose  on our package I said we'd be happy to take the rose from the more expensive package, but were told this wouldn't be possible!  The following day I contacted the F&B Manager who begrudgingly allowed us to have wine from the other package where its equivalent on our package had run out.  This all seemed a bit third world compared to our experiences with Celebrity.  The whole lack of availability of drinks and drinks packages would make us seriously consider whether to sail with P&O again 

On our first cruise (NCL) they ran out of Chocolate Ice Cream. On my one and only cruise with Celebrity they ran out of my favourite Rose Wine. 

It's not that strange a thing to happen

12 minutes ago, Stanleyogden said:

Sailed with P&O in 2018 and it wasn't the drinks prices that were the problem it was the lack of available drinks.  Before setting sail from Southampton I ordered an Aperol Spritz only to be told they had no Aperol.  This became a recurring theme throughout the cruise with four gins and four bottled beers being unavailable.

We'd purchased the cheaper of the two wine packages - normally for convenience we'd get a drinks package but P&O don't do them - and four days into the cruise ordered a bottle of rose with our meal only to be told this had run out.  As this was the only rose  on our package I said we'd be happy to take the rose from the more expensive package, but were told this wouldn't be possible!  The following day I contacted the F&B Manager who begrudgingly allowed us to have wine from the other package where its equivalent on our package had run out.  This all seemed a bit third world compared to our experiences with Celebrity.  The whole lack of availability of drinks and drinks packages would make us seriously consider whether to sail with P&O again 

P&O now offer a drinks package at £39.95 per person,  with a maximum of 15 drinks per day,  if that is of any use to you.