Caribbean new TVs

Kineticoh20

Does anyone have pictures of the new televisions installed in mini suites? Are they still on the pedestal or is the one for bed installed on wall directly across from bed like full suites?

We had a mini suite on the Regal last October and both LG flat screen TV's were on the wall

Howard

New TVs on Caribbean Princess are not on the wall. We were on the sailing when they were installed. They are on the pedestals. While they are quite nice, they are a bit overwhelming for the cabin size.

Thank you, it would have been nice having the main TV on wall across from bed, then the top of the pedestal could be used for storage.

New TVs on Caribbean Princess are not on the wall. We were on the sailing when they were installed. They are on the pedestals. While they are quite nice, they are a bit overwhelming for the cabin size.

Did you check every type of room? The method of mounting could vary from one type of room to another. The original posted specifically asked about mini-suites.

Did you check every type of room? The method of mounting could vary from one type of room to another. The original posted specifically asked about mini-suites.

I can tell you that in balcony cabins the new 42" TV's are on the upper shelf just like the old ones were. I was told this is where the connections were located. I don't think Princess would fish through the cabin walls to retro-fit wall mounted ones.

I can tell you that in balcony cabins the new 42" TV's are on the upper shelf just like the old ones were. I was told this is where the connections were located. I don't think Princess would fish through the cabin walls to retro-fit wall mounted ones.

Thx yes that makes sense.

We were also on Caribbean Princess when they were installed.

Agree with the above ... they are nice but almost too large.

We just sailed on the Caribbean in Feb in a mini suite. The tv's are in the same place on a pedestal. They are large for the space. The speaker sound comes from behind the set so at the angle they are set it sends the sound into the opposite room. It was challenging to almost impossible to watch different things on each tv at the same time.

We just sailed on the Caribbean in Feb in a mini suite. The tv's are in the same place on a pedestal. They are large for the space. The speaker sound comes from behind the set so at the angle they are set it sends the sound into the opposite room. It was challenging to almost impossible to watch different things on each tv at the same time.

Thx Pam I was hoping the one was mounted across bed on wall but that would make too much sense.

Does anyone have pictures of the new televisions installed in mini suites? Are they still on the pedestal or is the one for bed installed on wall directly across from bed like full suites?

These look silly. An oversized hack. I wouldn't do something like that in my home.

Just hire the Geek (at sea) squad to mount them on the wall (bulkhead).

77bc560dc2b98792659f7d345470255e.jpg

Photo courtesy of "Crzn-Life" in this post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55131302&postcount=342

It does look a bit dorky in that spot but I'm sure it was waaaaaaaaay less expensive to put it there than to run new cables through the walls. Maybe they will fix it if the ever get around to doing the medallion setup on this ship. As it is, I appreciate the larger size. I keep talking about moving the little 55" out of my living room into the bedroom and getting an 75" or 80" for the living room. The main reason I haven't done so is that I don't want to spend the money. Oddly enough, my wife isn't an obstacle to the bigger TV. She isn't real excited about putting a 55" in the bedroom though.

They actually do look way better than this photo in mini-sutes!

(This must have been from a balcony cabin)

These look silly. An oversized hack. I wouldn't do something like that in my home.

They look way nicer than that in mini-suites!

My only concern is that it looks like it might obstruct entry to the balcony a bit. I'll find out in a week. :cool:

Not in mini-suites (no problems) but friends on the ship with balcony cabins told us it took some "getting use to" to get out to their balconies.

It does look a bit dorky in that spot but I'm sure it was waaaaaaaaay less expensive to put it there than to run new cables through the walls. Maybe they will fix it if the ever get around to doing the medallion setup on this ship. As it is, I appreciate the larger size. I keep talking about moving the little 55" out of my living room into the bedroom and getting an 75" or 80" for the living room. The main reason I haven't done so is that I don't want to spend the money. Oddly enough, my wife isn't an obstacle to the bigger TV. She isn't real excited about putting a 55" in the bedroom though.

Hi Thrak,

I agree with you it does look dorky in that spot. But the picture looks real sharp & clear. I may install them on the Rowboat in the Yo Ho Ho Suit. :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

They look ridiculous but it looks easier to reach the HDMI connection. :)

Photo courtesy of "Crzn-Life" in this post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55131302&postcount=342

They look ridiculous but it looks easier to reach the HDMI connection. :)

Was able to connect to an empty HDMI port, however was not able to get a picture, only sound. They have some of the tv control settings locked.

Was able to connect to an empty HDMI port, however was not able to get a picture, only sound. They have some of the tv control settings locked.

You have to unplug & use only their HDMI port. The others don't work. On the older TV setups I could keep my unit permanently connected behind the set.

I managed to get it working on the Royal a while ago but it was more of a hassle to keep changing the cable & I gave up after a few times. There were enough of the regular movies to keep me satisfied.

You have to unplug & use only their HDMI port. The others don't work. On the older TV setups I could keep my unit permanently connected behind the set.

I managed to get it working on the Royal a while ago but it was more of a hassle to keep changing the cable & I gave up after a few times. There were enough of the regular movies to keep me satisfied.

The tv was using a cat5 type cable not an hdmi port for their system. Didn't see another hdmi port.

Was able to access and use it on the Royal also but this seemed to be a different set up.

The tv was using a cat5 type cable not an hdmi port for their system. Didn't see another hdmi port.

Was able to access and use it on the Royal also but this seemed to be a different set up.

Hmmmm. Interesting. We'll probably be back in the Caribbean in the fall.

My player also has a cat 5 output so it's adaptable if I need it. I always pack all different types of cables & connectors.

IMG_1706.thumb.jpg.fdf98b7d6daef78288a0ba1b436d1d21.jpg

New Tv in inside room also picture of hook ups was able to stream pictures from camera. Was mounted on wall and you could adjust it. Very close to mirror. Once the on demand was hooked up the internet had full signal before hook up was lucky to get a wifi signal had to open door.

IMG_0618.thumb.jpg.87a17b84f7c8ac6bd92651ca25f89076.jpg

Edited by Canuk 48