Things not to do on a cruise ship

mrizer7773

Don’t ignore the people carrying food that’s getting cold around Windjammer while they look for a table. If there is room, offer to share your table. You meet some really interesting people that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's very true! Meeting different people is one of the great things about a cruise (to me).

Please don't constantly talk about how much better than RCCL some other cruise line is! :(

??? Which cruise line is better than RCCL?

We were seated for lunch at a big table on Oasis with a woman who did nothing but talk about how much better HAL was than RCCL.

She wished she were on a HAL cruise.

We very much wished she had been on a HAL ship rather than sitting with us! :D:D :rolleyes:

Don't use the ice bucket in your cabin without asking for a liner to be placed into it.

Many ice buckets are often used to vomit in when people are sick & cannot make it to the bathroom in time.

Don't assume they are 100% totally clean...

:eek:

Are you speaking from personal experience :rolleyes:

] Definitely not true for the ships officers. That being said, it happens fairly often.

What happens fairly often? Do male passengers ask female officers out on dates or do male officers ask female passengers out on dates?

I read elsewhere that all crew (including officers) are expressly prohibited from dating passengers, cos it's a distraction and can interfere with their duties.

Edited by drsel

We were seated for lunch at a big table on Oasis with a woman who did nothing but talk about how much better HAL was than RCCL.

She wished she were on a HAL cruise.

We very much wished she had been on a HAL ship rather than sitting with us! :D:D :rolleyes:

Well, RCCL has non stop activities and entertainment, while HAL hardly has any in comparison.

"if you run into the Captain

don't ask "who's driving the ship?""

OR "Who's driving the boat?"

When I was in college in NYC I went on a blind date with a sailor...his ship was in port at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and he took me to see it. As we approached the Independence I said "Wow, that's a big boat" and then compounded it by walking into a guy in a white suit....when he said "Excuse me" I smiled and said "That's ok".....turns out he was the Captain! My date said to me, "It's a good thing you're a blonde "!.... but I never saw that guy again!! :D

When I was in college in NYC I went on a blind date with a sailor...his ship was in port at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and he took me to see it. As we approached the Independence I said "Wow, that's a big boat" and then compounded it by walking into a guy in a white suit....when he said "Excuse me" I smiled and said "That's ok".....turns out he was the Captain! My date said to me, "It's a good thing you're a blonde "!.... but I never saw that guy again!! :D

That's hilarious! Please tell us some more.

What happens fairly often? Do male passengers ask female officers out on dates or do male officers ask female passengers out on dates?

I read elsewhere that all crew (including officers) are expressly prohibited from dating passengers, cos it's a distraction and can interfere with their duties.

Maybe female passengers ask the male officers out on a date. :p:p:)

I also think it opens the cruise line to liability. If one of their workers is accused of rape or some other form of violence against a passenger, the worker and the cruise line can be sued.

They can date (and marry) each other though. Have met many married crew members that are serving on the same ship.

Don't fill your plate at the buffet to overflowing then leaving food as you have taken too much.

Don't ( & I agree with so many on here) get into a lift without letting others out first.

Now for some controversy.

Don't ask North Americans why you call it football when 99% of the game is running with the ball & throwing????

Don't get into talking about tipping to North Americans.