11:10am Flight from Lauderdale?

hmmerr01

Be in line at 6:00 am with all of your bags for 7:30 walk off and catch a cab, you can make it.

No problem. I was on the Getaway in December and had a 10:45 flight from FLL. Did self-assist debarkation. Off the ship by 7:30. At the airport via Uber by 8:30. Taxi would have saved an additional 15 minutes. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do this often with self assist...one important tip...make sure your Uber or taxi driver will use the EXPRESS LANE going to FLL BEFORE you get into the vehicle. If not, it's worth waiting for another vehicle. We have used Uber numerous times from he port and it was cheaper than taxi and worked out great. I will caution you that in the off chance, Customs has a computer issue or the security level is elivated, it will slow you down....we have had both happen and arrived at our gate at FLL at 11:00. Last month on the Escape, we were off the ship at 8:00 and at FLL by 930.. we did not do self assist because our flight as not until 1....we were very leasurely and were still that early. Good luck

Are you returning on a weekend? I would assume so. I definitely wouldn't be quizzing drivers over the express lane on a weekend and wouldn't be worth waiting longer to find one willing, thats for sure. There is no traffic on weekends.

We were at FLL by 8:30 last Saturday after getting off the Escape -- and this was with I95 closed down because of an accident. We were in a suite, so we were some of the first off the ship (actually 3, 4 and 5).

Carry off your luggage, get in line early in order to do so and know exactly what you are going to do for transportation. We book a car service, and we told them to expect us off the ship at 7:30-7:45. We called them as we walked out of customs and waited a few minutes for the car to arrive. Our friend easily made her 10:20 flight.

What airline are you flying?

Family of Four..... NCL Getaway. Would you risk a flight from FLL at 11:10am? Its this or drive to Orlando for an afternoon flight.....

If, after all of the feedback, you decide not to take a chance, you can check and see if a flight that fits your timetable leaves out of Miami. The cab fare would be a little more but you would have less stress about making your flight.

If, after all of the feedback, you decide not to take a chance, you can check and see if a flight that fits your timetable leaves out of Miami. The cab fare would be a little more but you would have less stress about making your flight.

Doesn't the Getaway sail out of Miami?

Doesn't the Getaway sail out of Miami?

Yes it does. I think that poster was confused.

Why are you saying the OP is confused? Plenty of people fly out of FLL when returning to the Port of Miami.

I didn't say the OP was confused. The person who said that Miami would be a longer cab ride than FLL is confused. The ship sails from Miami. Miami airport is closer.

You'll be fine. I've had an early flight out of FLL. I got off the ship right around 8:15am, was in a cab to FLL and at the airport before 9am. When you get to the airport that early, you beat all the other cruise passengers. You'll get thru security and be at your gat by 9:30am. You will be fine.

You will not need to be lined up at 6am to make that flight. The airport is about 12 mins. away.

If you can get your Uber driver to go THAT fast.... just hope you survive it! :')

You will not need to be lined up at 6am to make that flight. The airport is about 12 mins. away.

Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale International is 27.4 miles or 48 minutes. Were you referring to Miami International?

FLL is a good 30-40 minutes depending upon traffic.

and then there are accidents. it took us about an hour to get there last time as there was a major rollover of a truck that shut down all but one lane. Fortunately, we were in an SAS shuttle and the drivers were all communicating with one another so ours was able to exit the freeway and avoid the backup.