Cruise Critic Community
mmjtr

Help please! luggage tags

RCs website is so frustrating! I just completed and printed my set sail passes, however, I can not locate the luggage tags that I need to print. Can any one guide me in the right direction please! Thanks!

RCs website is so frustrating! I just completed and printed my set sail passes, however, I can not locate the luggage tags that I need to print. Can any one guide me in the right direction please! Thanks!

Luggage tags should be available at about 49 days out from your cruise. Are you at that point yet? :D

Harmony in May. Definitely too soon.

The earliest you could see the luggage tags is 49 days before your sail date, and lately it's been getting a few days later.

Thanks! I did not know about the 49 days out thing! I'm about 57 days out! I'll stop stressing now! Ha! Ha!

Thanks! I did not know about the 49 days out thing! I'm about 57 days out! I'll stop stressing now! Ha! Ha!

I must say I never realized luggage tags were 49 or less days out and we have 72 cruises since 1984. Of course in earlier years we used to get docs etc in nice packages mailed to home. I was looking for our May 25th tags, perhaps jumping the gun because of all the confusion on the new site. But I went back in records and surprisingly realize all the tags I have printed in past were less than 49 days from embarkation. Learn something everyday :)

George in NY

yeah we are at day 49 for our sailing and the luggage tags aren't available yet. Anxiously waiting though!!

yeah we are at day 49 for our sailing and the luggage tags aren't available yet. Anxiously waiting though!!

I've noticed that the luggage tags can come a few days after 49 lately.

Worst case scenario, the porters at the pier will make some up for you. No need to stress.

Yep I am totally okay with that, its not like I am packed or anything :D

Of course in earlier years we used to get docs etc in nice packages mailed to home.

That is one thing my wife and I really miss about the (not so) old days of cruising. That package used to arrive 4-5 weeks before the cruise and receiving it was a special event; it meant we were cruising soon. One message board called it the "doc dance". Today, there are just uninteresting eDocs on most cruise lines, although a few more expensive cruise lines (e.g. Disney) still mail out the old document booklets and self-stick luggage tags. However, we can cruise on Royal twice for the price of one Disney cruise in a comparable room category so we make due with eDocs.

Yep I am totally okay with that, its not like I am packed or anything :D

We actually had to wait until 35 days out on one cruise. Have a great sail.

Ours came in yesterday at 46 days for Liberty May 13 sailing.

Pat

Got ours just this past Tuesday at exactly 49 days (though they weren’t available until evening that day). There does not seem to be a separate link for Luggage Tags on the new Royal Caribbean website dashboard. They are the second to last page of the Guest Vacation Documents, which are accessible from the “Stateroom Details and eDocs” link for the cruise in question, once the eDocs ARE available.

Even if you can never print them...the porters have TONS of real tags...takes about 2 mins!

Just printed my SetSail for May 20 on the Oasis and got a pseudo black and white luggage tag. First time for that. They said if I didn’t get real tags I could use the pseudo tags at the port to get real ones. I have not heard of the 49 day deal. I’ll have to check on that in a week or so. (If I can get into the web site... Big if.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even on the same sailing, edocs aren’t necessarily issued for everyone on the same day. I’m on Anthem May 3. Several folks on our roll call said they got theirs right at 49 days. Mine weren’t issued until 6 days later.