What is St. Thomas like after the Hurricane??

Kiwi_cruiser

We are looking at doing a cruise next next (2019) that goes to St. Thomas and I was wondering what is St. Thomas like now??

Have they just about recovered after the Hurricane??

Also has anyone done any snorkelling in St. Thomas?, if so has there been any damage?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there in March 2018.  Yes, the hurricane damage was obvious, but the beaches were still beautiful.  Nothing like that turquoise blue water of the Caribbean.  My DH snorkeled at Sapphire.  He said it was good--plus you cannot beat the views at Sapphire.   We are doing a land vacay at Sapphire this March.  Can let you know more after we return. 

• 2 weeks later...

I live here in St Thomas.  The beaches and reefs are in great shape, hurricanes don't really effect the reefs that much and they actually help the beaches by bringing in more sand.  The island is gorgeous, you will see some damaged buildings along the drive but that is nothing that would impact your vacation in any way.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was in St. Thomas back in 2006 and loved it!  My husband was a part of the Hurricane Relief Mission with the Kentucky National Guard that went down afterwards.  He was devastated and was humbled with the fact that he and his Soldiers could assist with the recovery.  He is anxious to get down there in September and drive around to the places where he spent a lot of his time.  It will be good for our kids to see where Daddy was for almost 2 months helping the locals get back on track and restore the island.  

Edited by JES11583