Boarding

FlFunGirl

I wasn't going to say anything more, but this is :D! If you don't think Regent did a focus group, had a few of meetings about this---go for it. Their is a place for "Loyalty", and place for profit which is why Regent also has high end suites. What was good years ago, isn't good today. I can tell you (I'm in a Grand Suite) on my up coming cruise I don't plan on worrying about what line I go in-I won't stop to take a photo of a sign. We plan is to enjoy our cruise because we're sure Regent knows how to run a luxury cruise line.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to sneak onto the fancy line with the wrong cabin class ticket? Would they be sent to that OTHER line in disgrace? First world problem?

I'm sure the OP will have a wonderful cruise.

papaflamingo, sounds like a good plan. I think we will do the same as we have 1-1 1/2 hr. Commute to the port. Thank you all for the positive comments and info. Glass half full here (hopefully with champagne).

Beth

Champagne... sounds like a plan! Cheer!

Not everyone eligible for preboarding can go to their suites immediately. Some passengers have to wait until 1:00 pm.

Also gold and above were eligible for pre-boarding twice recently which could be a early indicator of a change

Regent tends to think that whatever Oceania does is fine for Regent guests. This has been disproven over the past few years (when Kunal was president and FDR was CEO.) If Regent customers wanted Regent to be like Oceania, they would sail on Oceania and save some money.

Oceania’s boarding policy is considerably worse than Regent but I wonder if Regent is heading in that direction (some Oceania passengers have a boarding time of 2:30 pm)

I wonder what would happen if someone were to sneak onto the fancy line with the wrong cabin class ticket? Would they be sent to that OTHER line in disgrace? First world problem?

Fizzy, not a problem-if your on my cruise come along and stand next to us:evilsmile::halo:! Wouldn't it be nice if this was the only problem people had to deal with......:)

Definitely first world problems! I am in schools nearly everyday with students of very hard working, minimum wage earning parents who can barely afford the necessities. We know we are beyond blessed to be able to sail on Regent, even in a simple suite. We plan to enjoy every minute of our cruise, even if our boarding line is with the other riff raff 😀. They are probably more fun!

Unfortunately, it is true (as of last November). The suites that can board early are Seven Seas, Grand, Master and of course the Regent suite on Explorer.

Note: They only board a few minutes early.

Hi Jackie

Are the Mariner suites able to board early as well?

Hi Jackie

Are the Mariner suites able to board early as well?

Yes they can. Interestingly, when we arrived to board the Voyager in Bali about 2 1/2 hours ago, there was no line - no priority boarding and people were getting on the ship at 11:50 a.m. Not sure if things changed when the buses arrived but for us, we filled out the health questionnaire and boarded within 5 minutes. Once onboard, we waited 2 minutes to do our "check-in" and were on our way to La Veranda for lunch.

This shows, once again, that the darn pre-boarding system isn't necessary. There simply are not enough passengers on Regent ships to warrant it.

Unfortunately I sometimes have to walk with a stick although I am not really disabled just a moderate to severe balance problem. On our last Regent cruise we were directed to the front of the line and got aboard almost immediately. A plus for Regent, not that I’m suggesting you all acquire walking sticks.

Unfortunately I sometimes have to walk with a stick although I am not really disabled just a moderate to severe balance problem. On our last Regent cruise we were directed to the front of the line and got aboard almost immediately. A plus for Regent, not that I’m suggesting you all acquire walking sticks.

Bravo to Regent for putting you in the front of the line. I did not fully understand the difficulties of walking until I had knee replacement surgery. I had to use a walker for a couple of weeks and a walking stick for about a month. I thought that I was okay to sail on Regent 3 months after surgery but ended up falling from a step that had sand on it and ended up hitting a car (no damage to the car:evilsmile:)

I personally have no problem with people with walking issues boarding first but do have many issues with people who think they deserve to board first - just because they are in an upper suite. I don’t feel that we“deserve” to board first - even with 415 days sailled on Regent. In my opinion, some people take their perceived status a bit too seriously/

quote=mikenbob;55637920]Perhaps we should talk about something a little more pleasant...like free laundry or tipping! LOL

:'):'):') I literally almost choked on my coffee!

Honestly I almost cancelled my upcoming Regent cruise when I started reading the Regent board - it sounds like this first class line doesn't attract first class passengers

Honestly I almost cancelled my upcoming Regent cruise when I started reading the Regent board - it sounds like this first class line doesn't attract first class passengers

Don't allow the Regent board to color your view of Regent. Regent passengers are, for the most part, friendly, well-traveled people that are a joy to be around. We are currently on the Voyager and the passengers could not be better!

We are also new to Regent. We will be boarding in Honolulu in Nov. We will not be using Regent transportation to the port as we are going to be staying elsewhere. Since we'll be arriving on our own, what would be a reasonable time to arrive to the port?

Getting there around 11:30 usually works well.

That way you can have a leisurely lunch and (re)familiarize yourself with the ship

Don't allow the Regent board to color your view of Regent. Regent passengers are, for the most part, friendly, well-traveled people that are a joy to be around. We are currently on the Voyager and the passengers could not be better!

I agree, Regent does attract first class guests but you will run into a sour puss on any line. That’s life and easy to avoid them.