Getaway/Margaritaville question

spielbank

Margaritaville is now per person pricing ($18.99+ gratuity) and includes an app, entree, and desert. We used to enjoy apps for a small price but this change which took place in December has made it a deal breaker for us. The place has been empty since the changes. Drinks are still part of the ubp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is per item...the volcano nachos are to die for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Nope, they changed it. Last week on Escape it was $16.99 per person plus 20% gratuity (so over $20 per person), I think the Getaway is the same. Had a drink there the first day and that was it. They wouldn't even let us sit in the low tables reserved for dining to drink the drinks we had purchased (no UBP) there, even though the place was empty. I have seen some reports on another site that they will allow 2 people to split the cost (i.e. two people can sit there an eat one app, one entree and one dessert for one cover charge).

Nope, they changed it. Last week on Escape it was $16.99 per person plus 20% gratuity (so over $20 per person), I think the Getaway is the same. Had a drink there the first day and that was it. They wouldn't even let us sit in the low tables reserved for dining to drink the drinks we had purchased (no UBP) there, even though the place was empty. I have seen some reports on another site that they will allow 2 people to split the cost (i.e. two people can sit there an eat one app, one entree and one dessert for one cover charge).

Same experience a few weeks ago. Margaritaville is now totally empty and I think it came out to $20.04/pp if I recall. They destroyed the concept with the PP charge. Shameful.

was on Escape 18 months ago and Margaritaville was a la carte. ok to drink at tables.

it was pretty much empty every time I went (I'm a parrothead). I liked the fish, however.

i wouldnt be interested in $20 pp unless I could split plate with my wife and had table I wanted by speaker with ocean view. and I'm a fanatic....

sounds like new business model is gonna struggle unless people who want space to eat at a place that isn't busy AND are willing to pay for food you can pretty much get to free at O'sheehans

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

sounds like new business model is gonna struggle

The business model seems to be "let's drive the revenue down so far that we can get out of our licensing agreement with Buffett, Inc., or at the very least negotiate more favorable terms."

On the Escape maiden TA - the first Margaritaville - it was free - queues to get in for lunch - service took so long. Then a few weeks later it became a la carte and queues got shorter. It was fine but it could get empty at times. People were able to order dishes to share while having drinks.

This passed on to Breakaway and Getaway.

Then Breakaway went from a la carte to $20 pp cover charge - what????!!!! This has to be the worst move!

Now it's been reduced to $15 pp cc, better but still it's better to go back to a la carte or at least, $5 or $7 pp cc.

This is terrible news. On the Getaway in January we enjoyed the per item pricing, and had lunch there twice plus went for drinks a couple of other times. The place was practically empty each time! So why the need to institute this charge.?

Now I know why Margaritaville was not listed as complimentary on the Bliss. I was confused when I checked in anticipation of my upcoming Bliss cruise. Very disappointed.

The business model seems to be "let's drive the revenue down so far that we can get out of our licensing agreement with Buffett, Inc., or at the very least negotiate more favorable terms."

I wonder how long this will take. It would be nice (if that is what is truly happening) to get it over with and changed to something else.

I wonder how long this will take. It would be nice (if that is what is truly happening) to get it over with and changed to something else.

Yes, it's such a waste of a formerly great outdoor/covered dining venue. If they don't want to be Margaritaville anymore, we would love a return to Flamingo Grill or anything that would be that outdoor breakfast/lunch place.

And why in the world do they have a Margaritaville on the soon to launch Bliss. We agree.....lets just get it over with!

We really enjoyed Margaritaville on the Escape last September, and the prices were a la carte. We ate there several times for lunch during the week. They seemed to have a decent crowd. To me, it's a great place to go when lounging on the pool deck, and the a la carte food prices were inexpensive. It saddens me that Margaritaville on the Getaway has the cover charge. I hope they change it by the time I board her in the fall. If not, I will not be eating there.

We really enjoyed Margaritaville on the Escape last September, and the prices were a la carte. We ate there several times for lunch during the week. They seemed to have a decent crowd. To me, it's a great place to go when lounging on the pool deck, and the a la carte food prices were inexpensive. It saddens me that Margaritaville on the Getaway has the cover charge. I hope they change it by the time I board her in the fall. If not, I will not be eating there.

Just off the Getaway 2 weeks ago and it was ala carte no cover charge.

we loved this area when it was Flamingo Grille/Uptown Grille (getaway, breakaway). best spot for a quick grab and go breakfast, burgers at lunch away from buffet crowds.

we arent fans of margaritaville on land. i would not be sad if this partnership ended. its always empty when we walk by.

I loved the idea of a Margaritaville on the Escape when we were booking for last December. However it went to a cover charge and I just refused to pay it. Paying $15+gratuity for the nachos I wanted was insane.

The place was dead the entire time. One day around 2pm we walked to the bar to get a drink and we were the only people there, 3 dozen tables all empty. You could watch a constant stream of people meet with the hostess and walk off. Sad what they did to what could be a promising venue.

I loved the idea of a Margaritaville on the Escape when we were booking for last December. However it went to a cover charge and I just refused to pay it. Paying $15+gratuity for the nachos I wanted was insane.

The place was dead the entire time. One day around 2pm we walked to the bar to get a drink and we were the only people there, 3 dozen tables all empty. You could watch a constant stream of people meet with the hostess and walk off. Sad what they did to what could be a promising venue.

So, you're saying that when you were on Escape this past December 2017, Margaritaville had a cover charge? If so, I wonder when that started. I was on Escape in September 2017 and the menu was a la carte.

On the getaway next week so I hope it is still a la carte! My family of 7 would not be interested in paying $20pp but would love to split some apps a la carte

Please reply to this thread when you return to let us know if Margaritaville is still a la carte on Getaway. Have a great cruise!

Yes, please let us know what you find out when you cruise. My friend also read somewhere on the boards (I can't find) that the UBP no longer works at Margaritaville. Could you also respond on that after your cruise? Thanks everyone for the info.