COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

Can you get your cabana assignment without your ticket from the cabin ? Can we go to the shore excursion desk immediately upon boarding?

We did. The shore excursion person called the concierge to confirm our purchase.

Are the cabanas preassigned? I recently purchased one and myreceipt says “Chill Island Cabana E”. Any idea where that cabana is located ifit is a number? How many cabanas are in each row?

The Deluxe cabanas were not assigned for us on Adventure.

Just back from coco cay, last week. Had the ocean view deluxe cabana. They are beautiful but-make sure you get to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board. The front cabanas are oceanfront, while the back row ones- for the same price are not that visually appealing. all of them come with towels, floaty mats and a cooler with bottles of water. The food was served buffet style in a tent not that far from the cabanas, there was hamburgers and hot dogs freshly grilled while you waited, also chicken and shrimp kebabs, fish, cola chicken, assorted salads, (cucumber, potato, beet, tossed, watermelon, etc.) baked potato, with sour cream and bacon bits. Also cookies and pastries. So much food available for the amount of people in the cabanas!

Quick question, are you able to pick the location of it when you board? I was told you need to do it the next day still I’m planning on going as soon as I board.

Last but not least, do you lick the location by numbers, you pick on a map or how is it ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coco cay isn't too large...easily walkable. I mean, maybe a 1/4 mile to the farthest point...not a huge walk!

Its not a straight line, but I didn't try to walk it directly. Via the tram it is closer to .5 miles. With the coming construction, it maybe the longer route. I'll check in 30 days, didn't see when the OP is going. When I was there last year a lot of pier construction equipment was blocking the shortest walking path from the tender area to South Beach, but I didn't try to walk it.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, got a scenario for you. 2 weeks ago, I booked a Bungalow for November... or at least I THOUGHT I did. Was randomly playing with my reservation, and noticed I have a OV Deluxe Cabana instead. A couple of things come to mind. I booked the Bungalow because I wanted the bungalow. We like being on that side of the island, like the SHALLOW water when the tide goes out. If I've read things correctly, some of the main differences are: Bungalow has a small menu for lunch, which is delivered to you, whereas the Cabanas have an upgraded buffett; Restrooms are convenient to Bungalows, not so much for the Cabanas? Is there a shuttle to the Cabanas? Which has the closest bar?

Since their website is crap, I had to call to book, and did so during a sale... I'm guessing they wouldn't honor the sale price if I tried to switch to a Bungalow? That would mean I only paid $10 more for a Cabana.

Please help me see the bright side to a Cabana. I know, I sound spoiled, but DD really wanted the Bungalow, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to talk her into giving a Cabana a try.

Odd question, I'm sure, but is the food served at the Bungalows the same food as the Cabanas? DD said her nachos in our Bungalow were pretty bad. Really struggling with this decision. Dislike the low tide at the Bungalows, but loved being that far away from the crowds. From what I can tell in the pics, the water at the Cabanas is nice?

No.

The Cabanas have a private, upgraded buffet. The meats are cooked on a grill right by the buffet. This is open to Cabana and full suite guests only.

Beach Bungalow is a open structure that has a longe chairs and a couch . You order lunch from a menu and they bring it to you.

Beach Cabana is about the same but bigger. It does have sides on one side. They have a upgrade lunch. The tram picks you up at the tender ramp at the front of the Island. It will take 4 mins. or so the get to the Bungalows and a few more to get to the Cabanas. The tram is just easier. Bungalows are by the Kids Water Park thing and the Cabanas are by the jet sky rentals. I’ll try to post picture off of google when I get home if no one else has. Happy Sailing

The Cabanas are MUCH closer to the tender ramp than the Bungalows.

No tram needed for the Cabanas, they are pretty close.

Okay, got a scenario for you. 2 weeks ago, I booked a Bungalow for November... or at least I THOUGHT I did. Was randomly playing with my reservation, and noticed I have a OV Deluxe Cabana instead. A couple of things come to mind. I booked the Bungalow because I wanted the bungalow. We like being on that side of the island, like the SHALLOW water when the tide goes out. If I've read things correctly, some of the main differences are: Bungalow has a small menu for lunch, which is delivered to you, whereas the Cabanas have an upgraded buffett; Restrooms are convenient to Bungalows, not so much for the Cabanas? Is there a shuttle to the Cabanas? Which has the closest bar?

Since their website is crap, I had to call to book, and did so during a sale... I'm guessing they wouldn't honor the sale price if I tried to switch to a Bungalow? That would mean I only paid $10 more for a Cabana.

Please help me see the bright side to a Cabana. I know, I sound spoiled, but DD really wanted the Bungalow, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to talk her into giving a Cabana a try.

Keep the Cabana! They are great.

Sounds like they moved the Cabanas on Coco Cay. We were there 2 years ago and there was no beach only rocks to the water. We had to leave the cabana area to get to the beach. It was next to the tender dock so walking was not an issue. We really enjoyed our cabana and the upgraded buffet.

Probably a dumb question but if not staying in a suite can you book cabanas/ bungalows? Does it open up to non suite guests ahead of boarding ?

Yes, you can book cabanas if you're not in a suite, but you will have to go to Shore Excursions when you board and get on a wait list.

Yes, you can book cabanas if you're not in a suite, but you will have to go to Shore Excursions when you board and get on a wait list.

Here's the weird thing. I was just told that's no longer the case (by the DL concierge). They said they opened up the bookings to everyone because there were so many complaints. Sounded like a bunch of baloney... but I was just booked into a Cabana and not in a suite.

Are bungalows supposed to be suite only as well? Wondering (if they're not), that maybe it's incentive to switch to a bungalow, just in case they decide I'm not supposed to be in a Cabana and bump me.

You can ride the shuttle, but it is short walk, near the jet ski location.

There is a bar at the cabana area, which is where the buffet is served. Last year, when we invited by a couple we met, there were roving waiters taking and delivering drink orders in the cabana area.

The rest rooms are not that far away, but also not in or next to the cabana area. Maybe 40 yards from cabana area entrance.

Here's the weird thing. I was just told that's no longer the case (by the DL concierge). They said they opened up the bookings to everyone because there were so many complaints. Sounded like a bunch of baloney... but I was just booked into a Cabana and not in a suite.

Are bungalows supposed to be suite only as well? Wondering (if they're not), that maybe it's incentive to switch to a bungalow, just in case they decide I'm not supposed to be in a Cabana and bump me.

We are booked in a Bungalow for our December Anthem cruise and we are definitely not in a suite.

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, Host Clarea said:

AHA -- I was wondering about that. We just tried to book a CocoCay cabana, for our cruise next month. When we got the "Sorry -- not available to book now -- check onboard" reply, I thought that we just waited until too late, and the cabanas were all booked up. Your explanation sounds more like the way those same cabanas are handled on Celebrity Cruises: The suite guests get the right of first refusal, and then they go to the folks on the waiting list. We'll be sure to swing by the Shorex Desk on boarding day, to inquire about getting on the list. Thanks for the info (I don't feel so discouraged now). :classic_wink:

Questions:

*  which has the best sandy beach for snorkeling (cabana or bungalow)?

*   can you rent snorkel gear?

*  How many guests in each - we are 6 adult and 1 child?

*  do both offer lounge chairs?